Richmond v Werribee Sat 3 June 1:00pm Holm Park Beaconsfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Hahaha,

I try to have a proper conversation with you, and all you do is get personal and start name calling... So I'm done, if you cant have a discussion like an adult, there's no point.

But I will respond to a few things in this post from the personal attacks...

Over-inflated opinion of mine - I have never forced my opinion down anyone's throat, I do happily debate people when I don't agree with them, but I never think my opinion is always right. I don't play the man with name calling like a child to try and bully people into following my opinion, I generally try and post reasoning behind my stance.

I make this board sh*t - Well so far in the 4 or so years I've been on here, your the only one to crack the sh*ts with me, so I can't be that bad.

I Take offence - Mate I have been around football clubs for 28 years, at differing levels and trust me, it takes a lot to offend me, what some anonymous person writes on their computer doesn't effect me one little bit. As for you thinking Lennon is my favourite player and that I must know him.... Hahaha he is far from my favourite player, and the only time I have even come close to meeting him was when my kids where getting signatures at an open training session. So my opinion on this matter is from a neutral position. But if we are getting personal, given the amount of emotion this topic seems to bring out in you and your love for Mils, maybe the same could not be said for you and Anthony.

My last word on the actual topic at hand...

I have never said Miles hasn't ever been a good footballer, when he burst onto the scene for us midyear in his first year he was excellent, and since then he has put in some other really good performances, and yes, at this stage, far better than anything Ben Lennon has put forward at AFL level.

But that all means little today. As it stands today, the game style of AFL doesn't suit Miles, which was on display for all to see against GWS, whereas I believe Lennon possibly (see possibly not definitely) has more upside in his role than Lloyd is currently giving us (also a role Miles is not vying for).

Does this mean Lennon is a better footballer than Miles, no I'm not saying that, what I'm saying is that I believe Ben may provide something to our team that is at a better level for that role than what we are currently getting now, I dont believe Miles offers that, I'm not sure who he pushes out of our midfield at the moment. I am more than happy though to have someone of his ability there to come in should one of our midfielders be a forced out. But to use your words, i'm not sure how he is a "MUST" for our team.

Mate, this is my last post to you, as frankly it's pointless. You like to debate things on here??? I wish you did debate things on here. it would be a helluva lot easier for me and anyone else. If I am wrong - I apologise in advance - but I am confident I have never directly initiated discussion with you or been the first to make comment in our interactions. From where I sit, I'll post something and (like one other poster who is on ignore - where you will be after this post) - you chine in with a sfellowing one or two liner, like yesterday about something I said about Miles. I am confused as to your aim. Is it (1) You dislike me personally; (2) You like derailing threads like many here and then point the blame elsewhere; (3) Like others on here, think it's great adventure to bait people into trying something that will get them suspended, which some do?
Here's the thing Hank, I don't agree with some people on here a lot of the time, some I agree with some of the time, some I agree with a lot of the time. No one of us has a mortgage on being a better Richmond supporter than any other, though some like to think they do. It's plain BULLSHIT as you suggested yesterday that everything I posted was gloom and doom and once I pointed out I had you have failed to recognise it.
Hey, maybe wander up to me at the footy and see if I - as you and others try to paint - actually take great delight in seeing Richmond lose. I've been a member for 42 years and God knows how many games I've seen over 40 years, probably close to 600 - and having lived in rural Australia - often travelling 300, 400, 5000, 600 kms to go, so don't go furthering this myth that I am not a real Richmond supporter and love seeing the cklub lose, I just have different opinions of where we have f**** up and where we need to go.
Which brings me to this, as I said, there are people I disagree with here a bit, prodigy is one, but I can respect his right to an opinion and at least he tries to qualify his opinion with some facts or evidence and, whether I agree or disagree, puts together a feasible argument. Him and I will never agree on Lennon - does not mean I would not give anything to see him succeed - I just think on what he has shown (or more to the point what HE HASN'T SHOWN - time is quickly running out. But at least prodigy gives some sort of rationale to his thinking. You my friend, do not! It;s your perogative, but I would be happy for you to actually have an opinion, but you don't offer one. What you offer is blatant cheerleading! Everything is Richmond this is the best, Tigers that is great and every player bar Miles has upside. The evidence on Lennon is flimsy ... he barely got near the ball when he played two games this year ... but that won;t stop your cheerleading. He doesn't have the tank to play midfield and for a marking target he doesn't take anywhere near an acceptable number of marks, and then there are issues about him wanting to leave the club twice. So go ahead and please put me on ignore ... I'm done with you and your cheerleading and I'm sure everyone else will be better off without you taking cracks at me all the time and derailing threads!

Nathan Broad seemed to of played a quality game, is there a spot on the list for him in 2018?

Line-ball.
Ivan Maric is definitely gone. Taylor Hunt and Steve Morris look also to be on the way out, while Jake Batchelor's time appears up. IMO Griffiths might pull the plug, in which case - and remarkably - Elton might survive one more. It might come down to Broad or Townsend going and young Jacob is doing all he can to hang on.

Hunt, Morris, Batch, Elton - Delisted
Hampson, Maric (Griff possible) - Retired
Miles - Traded
I can see Broad and Townsend being kept on because 7 (8) changes to a list is a lot in an off season.

Hunt, Morris, Batch, Elton - Delisted
Hampson, Maric (Griff possible) - Retired
Miles - Traded
I can see Broad and Townsend being kept on because 7 (8) changes to a list is a lot in an off season.

Hampson will keep his spot I feel.
Contracted for one more and we'll need a back-up unless Soldo is listed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back