Richmond v Werribee Sat 3 June 1:00pm Holm Park Beaconsfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Loss to North Melbourne tonight confirmed.

AFL side hasn't won when VFL has lost in 2017, and AFL side hasn't lost when VFL side has won in 2017.

Bookmark it, Richmond AFL side is cooked.

I was just thinking this.

But lets remember correlation doesn't equal causation :)

Anybody know where i might be able to find the team lineup for Werribee ?

Happy to hear about Markov & C.Ellis but would like to see who they were up against
Werribee VFL side included:
Daw Anderson Hibberd Mountford Neilson Swallow Durdin Preuss Fordham

So there were a few AFL listed players running around. Not stars by any means but you can only perform against who your opposition is.

I was there, basically the same problem as the seniors, we had it inside 50 for about 10min in the last quarter, couldn't get a goal, they went up the other end once and kicked the sealer. Sometimes we stuffed around way too much with it in the backline, and forced our own turnovers. Chol did some good things, but ultimately looked lost out there. Lennon was our best target inside 50, surely he's done enough for a recall to the seniors. For those wondering about Elton, he looked ok until he injured his arm in the third quarter. Did it chasing and getting an arm on some Werribee bloke, I was right behind him so couldn't see what actually happened but he appeared to come down heavily on his arms and may have copped a boot from the bloke he tackled. I saw him with a sling on at 3qt, not sure on the exact diagnosis but I would assume it's not great. Soldo looked like he'd done his knee (about 10min after Elton did his arm), but got off on his own and I think I saw him back on the ground. Ivvy Maric unloaded on the umps for not stopping the play after that, even the trainers were trying to get them to stop play.

Does anyone know if there's a list of umpiring appointments for the VFL anywhere. I saw 28 and 31 on the field, which the record suggested were numbers reserved for AFL umpires when they have a run? They were really poor today, that above incident, and a million occasions when an umpire 60m away overruled the ump at the contest.

I wanna c Lennon given a fair go in the ones.

Define 'a fair go'.

How many games does he need to be given? In what role(s)? How does the game plan need to be changed to accommodate him?

How many games are you willing to sacrifice by planing a guy who the coaches clearly think isn't best-22 just so a guy who hasn't been able to secure a spot in 3.5 years, and no other club was interested in when up for trade last year gets 'a fair go'?

Define 'a fair go'.

How many games does he need to be given? In what role(s)? How does the game plan need to be changed to accommodate him?

How many games are you willing to sacrifice by planing a guy who the coaches clearly think isn't best-22 just so a guy who hasn't been able to secure a spot in 3.5 years, and no other club was interested in when up for trade last year gets 'a fair go'?
Well I think he's form has been good in the 2s and from reports has been in the best a lot. I would love to c him given a 4 week block, I know this kid can play

My opinion only.
Lennon worked his arse off ran out of steam. When we lost soldo and elton it hurt him having to play the primary role.
Miles was great
Townsend was great probably get suspended
Batch was good all day
Markov was nearly our best
CEllis very good
Stengle like him a lot
Broad was very good as game wore on
Chol got better in last qtr mostly unsighted
Garthwaite is a Fletcher clone i like him
Maric was ok
Soldo scans will determine either acl or pcl
Most our listed players played well.

Thanks for the updates! I went but only for the last quarter and a half. Im a Lennon fan so Im glad to hear he started well because he had run out a steam not long after i arrived.
Agree with Maric, Broad, Townsend, Ellis and Batch. Was wondering why Soldo was off and thought Elton must have been kept as back up for tonight so thats a shame. Stengle excites too.
Chol still a whiles away, needs to position himself better and take a mark with one grab not two.
Again, thanks for the update, appreciate you guys making the effort

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soldo is fine, pretty sure he returned to the field, even if I've just made that up in my head, I do know he ran off under his own steam

He didnt go back on
He kept flexing the knee and shaking his head on the bench . Dont be surprised if its serious

Both reliable set shots, both not overly quick. Difference is, Hawthorn's midfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What about in 2011 when Gunston was 19 and in and average Adelaide side? Still outperforming Lennon's output.

Well I think he's form has been good in the 2s and from reports has been in the best a lot. I would love to c him given a 4 week block, I know this kid can play

He's had that before....how many 4 weeks blocks does he need to fail at?

He's a good VFL player, but clearly doesn't have that bit extra to make it at AFL level. At VFL he plays against smaller, weaker back men, and is a primary target...should we reset the game plan, have him as our main target in the ones and have Jack play as a decoy for him??

He's had that before....how many 4 weeks blocks does he need to fail at?

He's a good VFL player, but clearly doesn't have that bit extra to make it at AFL level. At VFL he plays against smaller, weaker back men, and is a primary target...should we reset the game plan, have him as our main target in the ones and have Jack play as a decoy for him??
Don't really wanna get in an argument but I don't think he has been given a real crack at it....imho end of story

Are you a doctor , what if the question put to him was does it hurt like **** if you move it this way ? Don't take it from me though I'm only a traveling salesman

No im not a Dr. Didnt look good. Jogged off gingerly which you can do with an ACL but didnt go back on. Im not saying its worse case but it certainly didnt look good from where i was standing

Don't believe my fake news then :p I reckon the fact he got himself off though is a good sign. Can't imagine he'd be able to do that if it was an ACL
Coghlan jogged off when he did his knee in Tasmania, was given the all clear and then came back off where it was confirmed he had done his knee in the previous incident

I agree, I think he was in for 2 early in the year & last year not many either! Deserves a chance in my opinion & 2 or 3 in a row

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going on today peformance he was really invested in the game. Worked hard and played with intensity. Gave Elton a bake at 1 stage which was warranted. Ran out of steam but was working up and down the ground and didn't seem to rotate as much as others. Showed he really really wanted to be there

Remove this Banner Ad

Back