Richmond v Werribee Sat 3 June 1:00pm Holm Park Beaconsfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks PH for your report as I know I'm getting an accurate account . It appears our VFL has very few players with running power due to injuries and players being promoted. Stengel would have to be the speedster with a couple of VFL standalone boys.
Townsend Miles Batchelor Soldo Maric Elton Lennon and CEllis are all relatively slow it's hard to see them playing the same game style as the first. Since last season when we went on the roll we've lost in most games won Butler Meanadue Short Lambert George Marcon and Drummond which makes it hard to play that high speed / pressure game which our firsts are playing as we simply cannot get numbers to the ball quick enough. Markov had been poor this year so how was his game?
Markov-He flashed in and out and had two good Qtrs, took some contested marks then went quiet for a qtr then laid some nice tacks and ran quiet again, ok. Broad was quality but well under done and more game time needed,batch 50-50,towna 50-50, soldo only 40-60 not on his game yesterday, c ellis looks like he didnt want to bounce off anyone or be accountable, to loose. Cheers.

From the AFL web site:
State league affiliate: Richmond (VFL)
This weekend: Richmond v Werribee - Saturday, June 3, 1pm, Holm Park Recreation Reserve

Inside midfielder Anthony Miles picked up 34 disposals in Richmond's five-point loss to Werribee in Beaconsfield on Saturday.

Miles' balance of inside and outside play was a particularly impressive aspect of his game.

The 25-year-old has played just two games in the senior team this season but has been racking up the footy in the VFL.

Meanwhile, smart forward Ben Lennon slotted four goals to again press his claims for promotion. Lennon was drafted at No. 12 in 2013 and is out of contract at the end of the season. He booted three goals against Essendon last week.

He contested well both in the air and on the ground.

Fellow former first round selection Corey Ellis collected 30 disposals playing on a wing and looked a class above.

Experienced ruckman Ivan Maric rucked the final quarter without a break against listed North Melbourne players Braydon Preuss and Majak Daw.

Ivan Soldo landed awkwardly earlier in the game and was injured while fellow big man Todd Elton finished the match in a sling after suffering a shoulder injury.

Defender Nathan Broad looked as if he hadn't missed a beat in his comeback from an AC joint injury in his right shoulder, and was named among the best players as he notched up 21 disposals, six marks and six tackles.

Werribee led at every change to hold on for victory, 10.12 (72) to 10.7 (67).

Wonder if any consideration would be given to playing Townsend in Lloyds position. Happy to see Lennon get another opportunity but Townsend could be a bit of a smokey to play that medium forward role with the occasional bash and crash time in the guts. He doesn't have Lennons class but he is reasonable overhead and on the ground and attacks every contest like it's his last.

Wonder if any consideration would be given to playing Townsend in Lloyds position. Happy to see Lennon get another opportunity but Townsend could be a bit of a smokey to play that medium forward role with the occasional bash and crash time in the guts. He doesn't have Lennons class but he is reasonable overhead and on the ground and attacks every contest like it's his last.

lennon and llyod seem to have a bit of talent

i worry townsend (or bachelor) would be like short todd eltons...

caddy plays the role Lennon would play

Lloyd is a small forward that plays mid...I don't see Lennon playing this role

Caddy rotates through the midfield as an inside mid? Lloyd barely had any midfield minutes last night?
Lloyd was playing as our second tall which was confirmed in the commentary yesterday. Lloyd isn't a small forward in comparison to our other small forwards.
Lennon and Lloyd play the same role.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the AFL web site:
State league affiliate: Richmond (VFL)
This weekend: Richmond v Werribee - Saturday, June 3, 1pm, Holm Park Recreation Reserve

Inside midfielder Anthony Miles picked up 34 disposals in Richmond's five-point loss to Werribee in Beaconsfield on Saturday.

Miles' balance of inside and outside play was a particularly impressive aspect of his game.

The 25-year-old has played just two games in the senior team this season but has been racking up the footy in the VFL.

Meanwhile, smart forward Ben Lennon slotted four goals to again press his claims for promotion. Lennon was drafted at No. 12 in 2013 and is out of contract at the end of the season. He booted three goals against Essendon last week.

He contested well both in the air and on the ground.

Fellow former first round selection Corey Ellis collected 30 disposals playing on a wing and looked a class above.

Experienced ruckman Ivan Maric rucked the final quarter without a break against listed North Melbourne players Braydon Preuss and Majak Daw.

Ivan Soldo landed awkwardly earlier in the game and was injured while fellow big man Todd Elton finished the match in a sling after suffering a shoulder injury.

Defender Nathan Broad looked as if he hadn't missed a beat in his comeback from an AC joint injury in his right shoulder, and was named among the best players as he notched up 21 disposals, six marks and six tackles.

Werribee led at every change to hold on for victory, 10.12 (72) to 10.7 (67).

Where's he who shall remain nameless telling us that Miles had 34 meh disposals that achiveed nothing, like his 35 the other week?

Caddy rotates through the midfield as an inside mid? Lloyd barely had any midfield minutes last night?
Lloyd was playing as our second tall which was confirmed in the commentary yesterday. Lloyd isn't a small forward in comparison to our other small forwards.
Lennon and Lloyd play the same role.

180cm our second tall?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

180cm our second tall?

He may not be tall, but that was effectively the role he was playing last night. From what I saw, he had no midfield minutes. Actually, I take that back, I saw him take a mark in the backline and subsequently followed the contest down for a couple of ball ups. To no affect.

OFDiMgo.png

fm42BCr.png

He may not be tall, but that was effectively the role he was playing last night. From what I saw, he had no midfield minutes. Actually, I take that back, I saw him take a mark in the backline and subsequently followed the contest down for a couple of ball ups. To no affect.

What do you base the midfield minutes of Lloyd on ? Can you link any statts to that or is it from 'what you seen' and did you go to the game last night or watched it on television ?

I was at the game and watched it again today and Lloyd didnt get alot of touches but did spend alot of time between the arches and in the middle pressing up and back similar to Caddy,Butler & Daniel

happy for lennon to come back in the team now gone back to the vfl and seems to be doing everything asked and is booting goals id give him a block of games after the bye up to him to save his career

Also why the hell is ours and Essendons byes lined up with our AFL teams byes? Would have thought it would be smarter for VFL to play this week and bye next week.
The whole club likes to take a break for a week. Happened like that last season also. Frustrating for some fans not having the team play for a week but is better for the players.

What do you base the midfield minutes of Lloyd on ? Can you link any statts to that or is it from 'what you seen' and did you go to the game last night or watched it on television ?

I was at the game and watched it again today and Lloyd didnt get alot of touches but did spend alot of time between the arches and in the middle pressing up and back similar to Caddy,Butler & Daniel

Unfortunately as I fell ill over the weekend, I watched it on TV. First VIC game I've missed.
That's fine, if you saw him do a lot of midfield minutes, then it calls into question his ability to find the pill.
I personally didn't see him play many midfield minutes but I could only see what the TV let me see.
If you are correct, it's a further indictment on Lloyd and another reason he will get dropped.

What a dear dear friend you are Kiwi. Forgoing the inner Tigers sanctum to see little old me. I appreciate your effort with flights very much. Can't wait till you are home permanently. I will set aside a golf morning with you every week.

Rgds
E Jenkins. esq

Do it again in a heartbeat Noel.

Haere Ra

Norm Johnstone Esq

Markov-He flashed in and out and had two good Qtrs, took some contested marks then went quiet for a qtr then laid some nice tacks and ran quiet again, ok. Broad was quality but well under done and more game time needed,batch 50-50,towna 50-50, soldo only 40-60 not on his game yesterday, c ellis looks like he didnt want to bounce off anyone or be accountable, to loose. Cheers.

I take exception to the part about Ellis as i believe it was a preconceived view. Lad laid 7 tackles as well as took a number of marks pushing back into defence. 3 of which i can recall backing intp the pack (1 in the 1st minute of the game). 7 tackles alone contradicts your point.
I understand everyone views the game differently but i think you are misguided here.
I agree skill levels from both sides were average at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back