• West Coast < 30

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • West Coast by 30+

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

QUOTE="My Cotchin Rules, post: 62384782, member: 197495"]
Reading this thread you'd think it was a hot sweaty day in WA!

Is it too much to ask for class and graciousness from Richmond fans after a win ?
[/QUOTE]
Yes of course you can't expect any bite back when you get trolled you only won cause of VFL umpires and the rain...

While I love to rant about the umps during the game, I’ve never seen a game where umpires have made more mistakes than players. Not even in the same stratosphere. They might make a few, but over the course of a game it’s a minuscule fraction of the total result. Players lose games, not umpires.

FWIW I thought they had some strange decisions both ways. The Riewoldt boot and Rioli sling went our way, the Kennedy throw and the Riewoldt push didn’t. But it was a game played in pretty tough conditions, and the umpires have to deal with that too.

Such is life.

It’s a waste of a very good game of footy to even be discussing them.
It ruins good football discussion. Some supporters can't take a loss with dignity.

Richmond fans banging on about the umpiring, you’d think there was a sizeable deficit, not an advantage of two. Umpiring was poor each way, any Tiger fan hanging their hat on ‘overcoming the umpiring’ is kidding themselves. Take the win, accept you didn’t put us away, and a grand final would’ve epic.

Eagles were awesome in the 1st quarter, so clean. Tiges were very good in the second.

I think if we meet in finals it will be just as tight. Don't think the Tiges would let the Eagles have the run they did in the first. Ditto Eagles in the second. As they say in boxing, styles make fights. That's why I enjoyed this match up so much.

Richmond fans banging on about the umpiring, you’d think there was a sizeable deficit, not an advantage of two. Umpiring was poor each way, any Tiger fan hanging their hat on ‘overcoming the umpiring’ is kidding themselves. Take the win, accept you didn’t put us away, and a grand final would’ve epic.
To be fair mate, fair bit of banging on from you blokes as well. Both sides got some shocking calls. Lets leave it at that and discuss the game.

As much as I despise Richmond and it's largely due to their supporters, It'd probably be the best premiership I've seen in my 42 years if they manage to win it given the amount of injuries they've had during the year so credit where credit is due for getting themselves into a spot to win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair mate, fair bit of banging on from you blokes as well. Both sides got some shocking calls. Lets leave it at that and discuss the game.
So much to like about the game. Eagles were imperious in the first, Richmond dominant in the second but couldn’t capitalise, Eagles held them off for much of the third, then just as it looked like they were done, came back strongly in the last. And in the wet. Great game.

QUOTE="My Cotchin Rules, post: 62384782, member: 197495"]
Reading this thread you'd think it was a hot sweaty day in WA!

Is it too much to ask for class and graciousness from Richmond fans after a win ?
[/QUOTE]
I'm sure you guys would be the same when you finally start contending. Why dont you question the eagles fans blaming umpiring????? Which explains my melt photo...is it too much to ask to be sportsmanlike in defeat???

I haven't heard an explanation for the 2nd quarter though. 3rd and 4th were merely a continuation of that.
Seriously stick the second quarter up your date m8!🤦
We won the first half in the dry you won the second half in the wet
It’s a game of halves considering there’s often a scoring side of a ground.

Last edited:
As much as I despise Richmond and it's largely due to their supporters, It'd probably be the best premiership I've seen in my 42 years if they manage to win it given the amount of injuries they've had during the year so credit where credit is due for getting themselves into a spot to win it.
Wait I thought wc victory last year was the greatest??!!

Let's be fair we aren't a wet weather team and we only went down by a goal. Just hope the rain nicks off from now.

If that rightful free was paid for a block when Sheed took that mark you don't keep banging on about what a great side they are.
And if sooks like you stopped pissing on non stop about free kicks you might actually understand the game and that throughout the course of a game you’ve got free kicks that go each way.

Umpires don’t cost a side games. There is this incessant focus on umpiring from BF posters, it’s a joke how they aren’t prepared to comment on the game.

Back