• West Coast < 30

Votes: 35 43.8%
  • West Coast by 30+

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

Geezus, talk about some chest thumping going on here!

It was a great game.

Tigers better on the day, but it could have gone either way. The GF was a great game last year, Eagles were better on the day but it could have gone either way.

Tigers fans should enjoy the win, but I for one am hoping for a rematch during September, I reckon both teams would be confident that their best would be a chance to bring home the chocolates.

It was a great game.

Tigers better on the day, but it could have gone either way. The GF was a great game last year, Eagles were better on the day but it could have gone either way.

Tigers fans should enjoy the win, but I for one am hoping for a rematch during September, I reckon both teams would be confident that their best would be a chance to bring home the chocolates.

There are some interesting "opinions" in this thread that's for sure! 😂

If we were to meet again it would be another excellent game of football, which could go either way.

Was thinking about this

Easiest way to even up the travel

AND give vic teams the real home game advantage that seems very important to most of you:

Then i got to thinking - theres ten vic clubs and 8 interstate clubs.

Easy maths says if the vic clubs have to play the interstate clubs home and away every year thats 8 flights for them every year - 8 guaranteed hga games for them - then play the remaining nine games against each other alternating h and away yearly - brings the season to 25 games.

Boom - you guys travel 8 times a year vs us travelling 10 - you guys get 8 games with genuine hga per year vs us with 10

Thoughts?
I don’t mind it kranky. The afl however are not going to give up double up derbies, showdowns and big vic rivalries.

I don’t mind it kranky. The afl however are not going to give up double up derbies, showdowns and big vic rivalries.
And that probably is where the problem lies. The Fixture is all about financial gain. I do wonder how much the finances would suffer if we went with a schedule like Kranky proposed?

Tbh i think the frontrunners here are brisbane and richmond.

We arent quite on song - weve lost a few games that suggest to me we arent quite there this year.

But if a team can win playing away its the eagles atm - we are used to travelling every second week.

Really think it depends a lot on nn - if he can be a force in september we can beat anyone anywhere. I have a feeling that he might not be fit enough to be that player though.
I don’t think Richmond is a front runner at all. They’re just in the 4 now. Nothing suggests front running. They beat an excellent side on the weekend and they’re a genuine flag chance. I honestly don’t know Geelong would beat them in a QF. I really can’t see it myself. The winner gets a PF against at the G most likely against WC or Brisbane, and the loser goes on the road and most likely ends up in Perth or Brisbane for a PF.

Eagles are still my prediction. Have been all year. I think they’d make short work of Geelong and Brisbane on GF day but against Richmond we could have a repeat in score lines to 2018.

Was thinking about this

Easiest way to even up the travel

AND give vic teams the real home game advantage that seems very important to most of you:

Then i got to thinking - theres ten vic clubs and 8 interstate clubs.

Easy maths says if the vic clubs have to play the interstate clubs home and away every year thats 8 flights for them every year - 8 guaranteed hga games for them - then play the remaining nine games against each other alternating h and away yearly - brings the season to 25 games.

Boom - you guys travel 8 times a year vs us travelling 10 - you guys get 8 games with genuine hga per year vs us with 10

Thoughts?
I rate that from an equity perspective. Problem is the AFL doesn’t deal in equality, they deal in big profit and loss statements.

I rate that from an equity perspective. Problem is the AFL doesn’t deal in equality, they deal in big profit and loss statements.
Which is short term thinking.

Afl should get a jump on league and become a truly national comp - get buy in from nsw and the money will double.

The vic centric mentality holds it back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think Richmond is a front runner at all. They’re just in the 4 now. Nothing suggests front running. They beat an excellent side on the weekend and they’re a genuine flag chance. I honestly don’t know Geelong would beat them in a QF. I really can’t see it myself. The winner gets a PF against at the G most likely against WC or Brisbane, and the loser goes on the road and most likely ends up in Perth or Brisbane for a PF.

Eagles are still my prediction. Have been all year. I think they’d make short work of Geelong and Brisbane on GF day but against Richmond we could have a repeat in score lines to 2018.

I think there are 5 teams in with a decent chance, not a lot separating them, and a lot will come down to form (and a bit of luck) over the next month or so.

Just remember WC have to beat Hawthorn this weekend. That won’t be an easy one folks. Strange things happen in the last rounds each year and Hawthorn have heaps on the line. Expect Clarkson to be working hard on this one.
I dont think west coast of all the clubs would ever be dumb enough to underestimate hawthorn.

A lesson hard learned.

It was a great game.

Great Post, I made a comment saying Hutchings was the difference which I believe to be true Hutchings doesnt get injured we win that game it was that close.

Insaying that it shouldnt of been that close Richmond were the better side for the majority of that game and missed some easy shots.

I was impressed with the Eagles fight in the last quarter considering they were down rotations !

Not a bad Knock and has clearly raised more questions than answers........

Only Richmond fans are mentioning Eagles umpire favoritism which tells you all need to know

Mate I don't follow Richmond , but I have seen the rub going the Eagles way to a point that it is undeniable sometimes, and for years why? I have no idea, seriously.
But really I am convinced the free kicks in the prelim final against North Melbourne in Perth a couple of years back was what just laid North in the grave.

I couldn't believe it, I know it happens to other teams in other games but really its almost a statistical fact .

Who knows but our sport has been mangled by the rules committees and the way the game has been fiddled.

I do have a theory though. One is that coaches very hard work planning out tactics and strategies to beat other teams ,who were doing the same thing, well it made a couple nearly unbeatable, so instead of the AFL allowing the battle of wits to move forward between the clubs , the AFL decided we will change a couple of rules around to make things fairer and easier and maybe ?????? SCORE MORE GOALS HA HA HA ! iT MADE THINGS WORSE OVER TIME.
On top of that Gil and his whatevers' add two new clubs to an already stretched player pool. which gave more reasons for the AFL to fiddle more with rules and make it easier on some players , because they were NOT up to the standard of the elite level! Who do you blame for that, you balme dilution of playing pool and what have we seen kicking get worse , marks paid when they are not , the worst thing ever is the fact that contact contest is being killed off, and poor bloody Jack can't even balance himself with a foot forward on an opponents leg without having it called a free, IT TAKES THE WHOLE REASON FOR PLAYING FOOTBALL OUT OF THE QUESTION. ITS RIDICULOUS.

When you discuss bias or mis understanding from umpires who do you blame ? YOU BLAME The rules changers who have made a mockery of the game, and some players and clubs are experts at playing the MIND game , knowing how some umpires will react, the shoulder drop is a perfect example!

BUT HOW AN UMPIRE CANNOT HAVE A FEEL FOR FAIRNESS OR WHAT SHOULD BE A FREE AND WHAT SHOULDN'T BE, AND THEY ARE CONFUSED AND CALL WRONGLY A LOT MORE THEN THEY USED TO, YOU HAVE TO ASK WHY.
Simple the rules have been poisoned to a point where every week every team is massacred at some point by horrible un football like free kicks. Yes not knowing even causes a win in finals.
What ever gets the Eagles noticed more for frees, as I said, I don't have a clue , but simple black and white rules would have our game back to where it should be a little at least.
Ambiguous calls for frees and calls not made and just plain exasperation by people watching surely tells the AFL something is dreadfully wrong, and it is spiked right up to gambling and cheating, that is the terror.
Then the game is dead!

Mate I don't follow Richmond , but I have seen the rub going the Eagles way to a point that it is undeniable sometimes, and for years why? I have no idea, seriously.
But really I am convinced the free kicks in the prelim final against North Melbourne in Perth a couple of years back was what just laid North in the grave.

I couldn't believe it, I know it happens to other teams in other games but really its almost a statistical fact .

Who knows but our sport has been mangled by the rules committees and the way the game has been fiddled.

I do have a theory though. One is that coaches very hard work planning out tactics and strategies to beat other teams ,who were doing the same thing, well it made a couple nearly unbeatable, so instead of the AFL allowing the battle of wits to move forward between the clubs , the AFL decided we will change a couple of rules around to make things fairer and easier and maybe ?????? SCORE MORE GOALS HA HA HA ! iT MADE THINGS WORSE OVER TIME.
On top of that Gil and his whatevers' add two new clubs to an already stretched player pool. which gave more reasons for the AFL to fiddle more with rules and make it easier on some players , because they were NOT up to the standard of the elite level! Who do you blame for that, you balme dilution of playing pool and what have we seen kicking get worse , marks paid when they are not , the worst thing ever is the fact that contact contest is being killed off, and poor bloody Jack can't even balance himself with a foot forward on an opponents leg without having it called a free, IT TAKES THE WHOLE REASON FOR PLAYING FOOTBALL OUT OF THE QUESTION. ITS RIDICULOUS.

When you discuss bias or mis understanding from umpires who do you blame ? YOU BLAME The rules changers who have made a mockery of the game, and some players and clubs are experts at playing the MIND game , knowing how some umpires will react, the shoulder drop is a perfect example!

BUT HOW AN UMPIRE CANNOT HAVE A FEEL FOR FAIRNESS OR WHAT SHOULD BE A FREE AND WHAT SHOULDN'T BE, AND THEY ARE CONFUSED AND CALL WRONGLY A LOT MORE THEN THEY USED TO, YOU HAVE TO ASK WHY.
Simple the rules have been poisoned to a point where every week every team is massacred at some point by horrible un football like free kicks. Yes not knowing even causes a win in finals.
What ever gets the Eagles noticed more for frees, as I said, I don't have a clue , but simple black and white rules would have our game back to where it should be a little at least.
Ambiguous calls for frees and calls not made and just plain exasperation by people watching surely tells the AFL something is dreadfully wrong, and it is spiked right up to gambling and cheating, that is the terror.
Then the game is dead!
Free kick Hawthorn

Then the game is dead!
Come again?

Keep up the arrogance Tigers fans...Keep it up.

It's what made that Pies flogging all the more enjoyable last finals.

You know you are being total dicks when non Collingwood supporters are cheering the Pies on to beat you.

Think about that for a second or two. You are turning / driving honest footy supporters into Collingwood supporters.

Calling out arrogance isn't being a sore loser.......especially when you are reigning premiers.🙂
Would have destroyed the Pies if the team didnt come down with gastro before the game.
Would be lining up for a threepeat if it wasn't for that.

Would have destroyed the Pies if the team didnt come down with gastro before the game.
Would be lining up for a threepeat if it wasn't for that.

Are pies supporters really that sad they have to resort to this?

Snap poll DopeMaster on a scale of 1 to creating a troll account called Tiger72 how sad are you?

Back