Game Day Richmond v Williamstown GRAND FINAL Sunday 22/9 @ Ikon Park

RFCGloryJC

Publicity for Ricky Nixon and the St Kilda Girl
Jun 13, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Inter Milan, Real Madrid 👑
Bringing Pickett in would be one of the great sports stories of all time.
It would occupy the media the entire week.
My older brother runs a business in the States, met Steve Jobs, who showed him the iPad prototype.
Jobs would say, think different.
Would feel sorry for Kam though.
Still, Kam is a consummate professional and would be aware the team takes precedence over the individual.

Last edited:

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Bringing Pickett in would be one of the great sports stories of all time.
It would occupy the media the entire week.
My older brother runs a business in the States, met Steve Jobs, who showed him the iPad prototype.
Jobs would say, think different.
Would feel sorry for Kam though.
Still, Kam is a consummate professional and would be aware the team takes precedence over the individual.
will be a kick in the guts if either of Ross or Kmac miss out

miss the VFL granny then miss the AFL granny

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Think I’ve said it 3 times already in this thread and plenty of others have said it as well but geez stevie Morris was huge today don’t reckon he’s played a more valuable game for the club.

Pickett really only player that pushed his case for selection. RCD and CJ were excellent but aren’t in calculations and if Stack is selected it’ll be on reputation not on his performance.

marking wasnt a Steve Morris thing , what a Captains performance , late in the game take two great grabs , one a classic hanger , off course he added his ground level pressure
he willed himself to many contests through the game , kept us in it

Barnard

All Australian
Sep 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Think I’ve said it 3 times already in this thread and plenty of others have said it as well but geez stevie Morris was huge today don’t reckon he’s played a more valuable game for the club.

Pickett really only player that pushed his case for selection. RCD and CJ were excellent but aren’t in calculations and if Stack is selected it’ll be on reputation not on his performance.
Absolutely regarding Morris, my old man asked me who I would give votes to and I had Morris B.O.G, followed by Pickett and the 3 hyphens! I also thought Beasley was solid down back. All the talls other than CCJ were disappointing although balta did do a few good things.

Pleased for McRae and Morris in particular who have worked so hard to drive this program to become the best side in the comp. Also pleased to see the entire AFL list there to support the boys as well, shows how this is one club from the top to the bottom.

Pleased that RCD stood tall in a big game that will give him some real belief heading into his second preseason. CCJ will be immense in the years to come with his contested marking around the ground and ability to get involved in play around the ground as well. Hopefully Menadue sticks around as he definitely has plenty to offer on the wing if Ellis departs.

Great win boys!! The last two minutes were crazy!!
Imagine trying to go to sleep knowing you missed two set shots which could have won your team a GF? Crazy!!

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
while there was lots to get frustrated with from Sundays win
there was lots to like
CCJ did impose himself later in the game
Beasley was very composed down back
Chol struggled to get into the game but was a key part of the two centre clearances to start the last Qtr
RCD also seemed to will himself into the game
Cofield , who gave away frees , kicked out on the full in the first final seemed a lot cooler
Pickett was cool headed and determined

wouldnt be surprised if a few Willy players get rookied , their contested marking was great ,
but sounds like something they didnt do very often
their skills by foot very good,
we know Andy Collins is a good coach

very different game to the home and away were we can so often have so much control , great learning for the young guys

all good signs for 2020

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Was so angry with the umps that I turned the TV off and stormed off to the fridge....

Willy players were professionals antagonists with much older heads and a rat cunning coach. They knew early on that the only was to get back in the game was to unsettle us, and they did. And the umps jumped in for the ride with absolutely no feel for what was going on. Thank god we won because that would have been the most hollow Premiership ever if Willy got up.

RCD has the tools not the body. What separates him from the other 193cm mid's like Bont and Cripps is his speed. For the first time he looked like his U18 highlights. Another preseason and look out.

Thought Chol was good in the last when he got angry. He just drifts about. He could really impose himself if he could go for 120m.
Miller is no backman but when he moved forward he hit the ball hard. He needs to be left at CHF next season because of his size and real speed. Still reckon he can play if backed in as a CHF and would give him another year.

Our young players were just too outside for the tough bodies of Williamstown. This is not such an issue at AFL because the game is much quicker and the skills, which they rely on, are so much better. Stack transitioned so well because he has both an inside and outside game for such a young player, Ross much the same due to good body size. Pickett is in the same boat as Stack, just so much class.

We will be a much better side in 2020.

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
How come Townsend couldn’t crack the 1’s this year?
The role he played was a bit unsustainable and got found out, essentially took a defender away from Riewoldt, mainly through blocking rather than actually commanding a defender. Caddy replaced him last year as he was more dangerous up forward, and then Lynch came into the mix. With two key forwards it’s unnecessary as they both require a key defender at all times.
Played a game in the middle of the year but struggled to have an impact.

chriso11

Premiership Player
Aug 18, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
while there was lots to get frustrated with from Sundays win
there was lots to like
CCJ did impose himself later in the game
Beasley was very composed down back
Chol struggled to get into the game but was a key part of the two centre clearances to start the last Qtr
RCD also seemed to will himself into the game
Cofield , who gave away frees , kicked out on the full in the first final seemed a lot cooler
Pickett was cool headed and determined

wouldnt be surprised if a few Willy players get rookied , their contested marking was great ,
but sounds like something they didnt do very often
their skills by foot very good,
we know Andy Collins is a good coach

very different game to the home and away were we can so often have so much control , great learning for the young guys

all good signs for 2020
Don’t forget the VFL team has to put up with constant chop and change of their line up. To win the flag with zero continuity is pretty great.

Back