VFL Richmond VFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

There's something seriously wrong if we are abandoning our stand alone VFL program. To say we are further resourced than North Melbourne is the understatement of the decade.

I doubt the fact RFC will can the 2s for funds.
if we align to another club then we can hire coaching staff for that purpose and attribute the cost to VFA, Without it being directly attributed to our soft cap. This could be a way that a full compliment of staff can be kept.

I doubt the fact RFC will can the 2s for funds.
if we align to another club then we can hire coaching staff for that purpose and attribute the cost to VFA, Without it being directly attributed to our soft cap. This could be a way that a full compliment of staff can be kept.

You're a sneaky bastard - said with the greatest respect. If we can increase our staffing by hooking up with Coburg then that makes great sense.

There's something seriously wrong if we are abandoning our stand alone VFL program. To say we are further resourced than North Melbourne is the understatement of the decade.

This has AFL meddling written all over it

Jack5

Cancelled
Richmond Tigers - Josh Gibcus Player Sponsor 2022 Richmond Tigers - Kamdyn McIntosh Player Sponsor 2022
Sep 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Concerned there is something seriously wrong if we walk away from our VFL program. Have been wondering how much allied leisure and our pokies have cost us this year.

You must remember that your football costs are relatively fixed, as they are set by the League in terms of your hard and soft caps. So Aligned Leisure, pokies, 100,000 members etc is not an indicator of affordability or otherwise Re a VFL team.

Now for Groupie’s sake, imagine the 2019 Footy spend as set by the AFL was a Four n Twenty footy pie. Now, due to Covid, the hard and soft cap for 2021 will be the size of a party pie. Forget 2020 as it’s transitional.

Would Groupie swallow the party pie in a couple of bites with a dunk of sauce, or would he break it up into many crumbs and try and savour it?

Haere Ra

It’s because Norf are heavily supported by AFL 💵 and the AFL don’t want this eastern seaboard comp to bomb imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
You must remember that your football costs are relatively fixed, as they are set by the League in terms of your hard and soft caps. So Aligned Leisure, pokies, 100,000 members etc is not an indicator of affordability or otherwise Re a VFL team.

Now for Groupie’s sake, imagine the 2019 Footy spend as set by the AFL was a Four n Twenty footy pie. Now, due to Covid, the hard and soft cap for 2021 will be the size of a party pie. Forget 2020 as it’s transitional.

Would Groupie swallow the party pie in a couple of bites with a dunk of sauce, or would he break it up into many crumbs and try and savour it?

Haere Ra
Well your question was based around Groupie, soooo RIP pie...
unnamed.gif

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania

Haere Ra
He'd probably shove the pie up his ass.

The Club will reveal all in due time I imagine.

Haere Ra

it will be a tough sell to members saying we cannot afford a vfl side (and the development benefits it provides), but a s**t truck like Norf can

Bird Man

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Just saw the NMFC post surely there will be an official statement from the club... But I guess say nothing until they can legally have it ?

Caro reporting that we won't be able to afford to run our VFL program next year, I'm assuming because of the soft cap.

She it was unlikely we would be able to run it before we got the $100k fine, but now it's a definite no.

What happens here then? We'll have to align with a VFL team unfortunately. I remember the Coburg days, and they definitely weren't fun.

☹☹☹

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

Haere Ra
I think groupie prefers footy franks

Back