Remove this Banner Ad

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
19 AFL listed players named:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-03-29/vfl-squad
The VFL Tigers will set out to continue their strong pre-season form when they host Collingwood at Punt Road Oval on Thursday.

It marks Richmond VFL’s third practice match, and will be played as a curtain-raiser to the Tigers' AFL clash against the Pies at the MCG.

Richmond defender Steven Morris has been named in the 27-man squad and will play his first game since Round 11 of the 2016 AFL season.

Morris, 28, ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee and will make his long-awaited return tomorrow afternoon, via the VFL.

The side also welcomes Sam Lloyd, Taylor Hunt and Kamdyn McIntosh, who have returned from senior duties.

Click here to view the 2017 VFL fixture.

Thursday’s match kicks off at 4:15pm and gates open at 4pm.

Entry is free for Richmond members and via a gold coin donation for other attendees. Donations will go directly to the Club’s preferred charity partner, the Alannah & Madeline Foundation, to help keep children safe from violence.

VFL squad: Practice match 3

B: Broad, Garthwaite, Batchelor
HB: Hunt, McIntosh, Markov
C: Drummond, Miles, C. Ellis
HF: Bolton, Lloyd, S. Morris
F: Elton, Chol, Stengle
R: Maric, Townsend, Menadue
I/C: Soldo, Darley, Beasley, Ballard, Wood, Aarts, Silvestro, Coffield, Harnett

Can't wait to see Garthwaite replace the Giraffe. Big wraps on him.
I got to the game at 1/4 time last week and I didn't see him get a possession and he got his ass handed to him by Mackay. Don't get your hopes up too high atm.

I got to the game at 1/4 time last week and I didn't see him get a possession and he got his ass handed to him by Mackay. Don't get your hopes up too high atm.
In fairness, McKay has been in the system an extra 12 months, is 10kgs and about 8cms bigger. How many games has Garth played?

Townsend kicked the first goal. Front and square of a contest 30m out. Bit of a fend off and a mongrel kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd and Miles dominating early

Wouldn't surprise me, and if players don't perform tonight they should get straight back in. I'd like us to have the balls to continually drop underperforming players for players performing at the lower level. It's keeps a level of enthusiasm within the group and keeps them competitive. If you dominate in the VFL and don't get selected you eventually drop your head.

Wouldn't surprise me, and if players don't perform tonight they should get straight back in. I'd like us to have the balls to continually drop underperforming players for players performing at the lower level. It's keeps a level of enthusiasm within the group and keeps them competitive. If you dominate in the VFL and don't get selected you eventually drop your head.

Within reason. Top sides have reasonably settled teams and as we know, not all players are equal.

Within reason. Top sides have reasonably settled teams and as we know, not all players are equal.

Of course, once we settle on a close to best 22, then changes don't happen as often but still happen. We want to make sure players aren't continually played out of form and players are rewarded for good form at the lower level.

I'm not sure how long Mackay has been on an afl list , but in fairness to Garthwaite hopefully he will be better for the run.

In fairness, McKay has been in the system an extra 12 months, is 10kgs and about 8cms bigger. How many games has Garth played?
That's why I said atm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back