Game Day Richmond vs Adelaide @ the M.C.G(iants Stadium)

Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Last week was fun

Go into the game with zero expectations, pleasantly surprised that we're competitive early.

We're still with them at half time. Nice.

They start to pull clear in the second half. Ok, that's expected.

Hang on... what's this?

Tex... Fog... Tex again. Hey... we're in front!

Yikes... good call umpy.

Siren!

We're now back where we started last week:

Part 1: Go into the game with zero expectations

It's a good sign. If the rest of the game could please unfold in the same way that would be great, thanks.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I think last week should have taught this board that winning is much better than losing. Let's not go on about draft picks, but keep winning!!

Respectable loss please.. with our young players showing some.

Results in us having Pick 4 in the MSD and the Tigers (my original team pre crows) stay in the finals hunt, which is bad for port...

Give us a close competitive game and no injuries..

that's what I want but it's hard not to get caught up in the jubilation of the players post siren when they win. Even if we get blown away there'll be good things come from the game. Whether it's an individual's game, pieces of play or a patch or 2 where we were able to control play.

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I think last week should have taught this board that winning is much better than losing. Let's not go on about draft picks, but keep winning!!

nah, picking up 4 points is great for a couple of days. Getting a franchise player ahead of a b-grader is great for a decade or more. Reality is that winn8ng that game has no future benefit to our next flag tilt than losing it by less than a kick does. 2 or 3 draft spots might.

Last edited:
nah, picking up 4 points is great for a couple of days. Getting a franchise player ahead of a b-grader is great for a decade or more. Reality is that winn8ng that game has no future benefit to our next flag tilt than losing it by less than a kick. 2 or 3 draft spots might.
Yep. We'll probably beat the Pies but there's only 1 more game I'm keen on winning. The next showdown. Hate the filth.

The result this year isn’t what I really care, but the genuine progress in the winning culture that top teams need. I much rather the youngsters improve and lose the match, than seeing them go backwards and somehow we end up with a win.

Currently loving this sweet spot we have right now where a loss feels good (in terms of ending with a higher draft pick), and a win feels bloody great!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Respectable loss please.. with our young players showing some.

Results in us having Pick 4 in the MSD and the Tigers (my original team pre crows) stay in the finals hunt, which is bad for port...

Give us a close competitive game and no injuries..
Yeah I am of a pretty similar mindset, I'd like us to end up with a top 5 pick come the end of the year. But would still be pretty good to see our young side get up for a win against this mob. As long as we put in a 4 quarter effort and we see some more good signs from our young kids, I'll be happy either way.

It’s simple.
Mackay doesn’t continuously turn the ball over coming out of defensive 50, we win.
ROB gets his hand on it more in the centre bounce we win.
We keep being bold through the middle of the ground, we win.

Obviously last week's win was all-time but even if we went down by a goal I would've walked away with the same appreciation of the effort and structure we went with.

Today's much the same - Richmond have a knack of winning when they need to, and for them today is one of those games. Looking for 4 quarters of effort and structure, but not expecting a win.

I'll be a little surprised if a young team like ours can bring that 4 quarter intensity two weeks in a row, but hopefully they are buoyed by the fight we showed to comeback after Melbourne appeared to have kicked clear in the first quarter.

Lots of ins for Richmond this week, as has been mentioned. This isn't always a good thing, but with the experience coming in for Richmond it shouldn't really matter for them.

I'd like to see another good game from Rowe. He just needs to run his (black)guts (shiraz) out and take his chances. If he can lay a few tackles, use the ball well when he has it, and crumb a goal or two i'm happy.

I'd like to see Grimes isolated one-out on whoever he lines up on. Whether it's Fog or Riley (I think he's got Tex's measure and would like to see Tex push up the ground more as the true CHF). The guy is a great defender, but much like Rance, Richmond's defense is a unit that help eachother out really well. Divide and conquer!

Although he's so valuable as the loose / 3rd man, i'd actually like to see Doedee take Martin when he's up forward. I reckon that would be a break even., which you take every day of the week vs Martin.

Keays to Cotch
Jordy to Jack

4 quarter effort and we''ll definitely give them a shake. Richmond haven't been at Melbourne's standard for most of this year.

Bring the HEAT!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back