Game Day Richmond vs Adelaide @ the M.C.G(iants Stadium)

ABAB

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's got plenty of time and that's a worry for the club. We're stuck with him. He has a contract and no trade currency.
Probably has only 1 season left to prove himself with the list transition and if he doesn't show anything next year, the draftees this year will likely go pass him in 2023 when his contract end.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Probably has only 1 season left to prove himself with the list transition and if he doesn't show anything next year, the draftees this year will likely go pass him in 2023 when his contract end.
Piss poor drafting from Hamish and terrible list management from Reid to extend him prematurely.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Absolutely 100% If Galucci got axed surely Jones has to be.

Jones is the only guy on the fringe who has the potential to be an attacking run and carry midfielder.

Considering we have no ones else like him sitting in the SANFL I think delisting him at this stage would be a short sighted decision.

I think we need to patient, back him in and see if he comes good.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
His game last week was largely faultless too
Just because he made no obvious errors doesn't mean he was good or have an elevated impact on the game than normal. We drafted him as a first round midfield prospect. He has severely under performed, whether that's because the coaching was confusing for him, or he isn't mentally able to over come playing at the level, or he can't figure out how to best use his strengths.

Something isn't right with him or for him, I'm at a loss as to why Hamish thought this guy was worthy of pick 9 in the draft

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Jones is the only guy on the fringe who has the potential to be an attacking run and carry midfielder.

Considering we have no ones else like him sitting on the SANFL I think delisting him at this stage would be a short sighted decision.
Realistically we can't delist him because he's contracted and no one would trade for him but he could very well end up being the next Mackay which is scary.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Just because he made no obvious errors doesn't mean he was good or have an elevated impact on the game than normal. We drafted him as a first round midfield prospect. He has severely under performed, whether that's because the coaching was confusing for him, or he isn't mentally able to over come playing at the level, or he can't figure out how to best use his strengths.

Something isn't right with him or for him, I'm at a loss as to why Hamish thought this guy was worthy of pick 9 in the draft
He has low Footy IQ.

Has a role now where he can react to play. Does not need to create it. But some weeks that will mean he doesn't contribute much. Like today.

I thought he was on Castagna for a lot if today. Nil all between them.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Crowboto

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide

Considering we have no ones else like him sitting in the SANFL I think delisting him at this stage would be a short sighted decision.

I think we need to patient, back him in and see if he comes good.
Well lets hope he does come good

He has low Footy IQ.

Has a role now where he can react to play. Does not need to create it. But some weeks that will mean he doesn't contribute much. Like today.

I thought he was on Castagna for a lot if today. Nil all between them.

Could have been, though I reckon he had Aarts?

Probably both over the day

Brown had Aarts for the majority of the day, Jones had Castagna

Back