Deanos

Club Legend
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Screen_Shot_2016_06_03_at_11_06_08_AM.png

Live on channel 7 from 11:30am.

No doubt we will loose this too
Don't think so as Coburg is a very young side. They've lost five senior players from retirement or work commitments.
They've been competitive all year and have lost all their games bar one by less than two kicks.unfortunately their pick up for the season in Luke Ryan who has been gunning it on the HB line is out for 2-3 and goal kicking midfielder Lachie Johns is out 4-6.
This puts a lot of the workload on Uysal and Allen. Fox comes back to help , but his motor is poor
I'm looking forward to the battle between Maric and big Tommy Goodwin as both of these big mountain men play it hard and old school. If Chaplin comes back he will pick up the in form Featherstone who has been providing lots of marking options and has been crashing packs hard . His leap has gone to another level as his game. Still the Coburg boys are really undermanned and the Tiger Boys on paper look too good.
One thing about a German coached side is they will let the opposition earn it.
The Under8 kick off at 8:30 with my fellow wearing the famous number 2 of Nick Carnell followed by Brunch before the big game .
Fun day on the footy calendar when Coburg play the Tigers in the VFL. Hope one of them wins. :p

Don't think so as Coburg is a very young side. They've lost five senior players from retirement or work commitments.
They've been competitive all year and have lost all their games bar one by less than two kicks.unfortunately their pick up for the season in Luke Ryan who has been gunning it on the HB line is out for 2-3 and goal kicking midfielder Lachie Johns is out 4-6.
This puts a lot of the workload on Uysal and Allen. Fox comes back to help , but his motor is poor
I'm looking forward to the battle between Maric and big Tommy Goodwin as both of these big mountain men play it hard and old school. If Chaplin comes back he will pick up the in form Featherstone who has been providing lots of marking options and has been crashing packs hard . His leap has gone to another level as his game. Still the Coburg boys are really undermanned and the Tiger Boys on paper look too good.
One thing about a German coached side is they will let the opposition earn it.
The Under8 kick off at 8:30 with my fellow wearing the famous number 2 of Nick Carnell followed by Brunch before the big game .
Fun day on the footy calendar when Coburg play the Tigers in the VFL. Hope one of them wins. :p

Wet and slippery tomorrow TI, I'm backing Coburg they'll be too hard at it for our lads. German will have them fired up being a televised game.

Wet and slippery tomorrow TI, I'm backing Coburg they'll be too hard at it for our lads. German will have them fired up being a televised game.
Chaplin out may help . Ive noticed Coburg's skills drop off in wet conditions . The boys had a session in the wet last night so we will see how they go , but the Tiger's look a bit too classy.
German was howling after the NB game where they played 15 min and lost by 11. Wielded the axe on a couple of guys.

Chaplin out may help . Ive noticed Coburg's skills drop off in wet conditions . The boys had a session in the wet last night so we will see how they go , but the Tiger's look a bit too classy.
German was howling after the NB game where they played 15 min and lost by 11. Wielded the axe on a couple of guys.
I saw them destroy us at PRO late last year with Usyal bog. I know it was last year but don't think we have improved much.

I saw them destroy us at PRO late last year with Usyal bog. I know it was last year but don't think we have improved much.
Yeah , but Coburg has lost
Skipper Carnell, VC Clifton who was very reliable in the BL with a solid body
Vendetti gone overseas to work for Wes Farmers and he was a dual Band F plus in the VFL squad. Also Hartley at CHB to Essendon was a massive loss
Morton delisted bc of bad habits , but was very good at VFL and playing a sweeping HBF role
Also DMac quit bc of travel and work.
The wet conditions will help keep it close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If there's a heart beating down at punt rd , they'll come out and wallop coburg with any number of these talents putting their hands up , FMD there's some spots open. Let's wait and see,,,knowing our luck A.Moore will get 30 possies

17 of them will be high up-and-unders into the forward line

german has done a hell of a coachibg apprenticeship and just continues to get the best of every side he coaches by putting that hard edge on them .
Would be a good assett for the club IMO , midfield coach perhaps ?
His best work has been getting guys to be attacking HBF or getting big men to play smarter stronger with more endurance.
He did get Vendetti and Uysal to lift their games in the middle to a state level. His latest trick is turning Iocabaccio from a tiny mid to the next Saad , but I'm having my doubts. Am watching this with great Interst

Townsend will play a hard tag on Uysal. Completely shut down Rippon a couple weeks back. It will be hard in the conditions but these young Tigers will be fighting for their lives to break into the openings available in the senior side next week. I would say that unfortunately the only guy unable to break in no matter how well he plays would be Maric, Hampson has been on fire lately.

Townsend will play a hard tag on Uysal. Completely shut down Rippon a couple weeks back. It will be hard in the conditions but these young Tigers will be fighting for their lives to break into the openings available in the senior side next week. I would say that unfortunately the only guy unable to break in no matter how well he plays would be Maric, Hampson has been on fire lately.
Hampson on fire tt82 , gee I would hate to see him when he spontaneously self combusts. :D

Hampson on fire tt82 , gee I would hate to see him when he spontaneously self combusts. :D

I guess in the scheme of things against Goldie, Gawn, Nic Nat, Sandi (in peak form) he is lacking HOWEVER considering he is the best we have for the job, I think he is definitely fulfilling his role and gaining confidence. He is ranked 7th in the competition for both Average and Total H/O's and had a career high total of 51 on the w/e.

I guess in the scheme of things against Goldie, Gawn, Nic Nat, Sandi (in peak form) he is lacking HOWEVER considering he is the best we have for the job, I think he is definitely fulfilling his role and gaining confidence. He is ranked 7th in the competition for both Average and Total H/O's and had a career high total of 51 on the w/e.
But now we have Hardwick moaning in the press conference that having a dominant ruckman makes your midfielders sitting ducks for pressure and to be tackled when they get the ball! Isn't that the fault of poor structure and poor play, lack of protection from team mates?? We've been crying out for a good ruckman and now that he's had a really dominant game it's being blamed for how easy North were able to get the ball. Sigh! Will be interesting to see the condition of Coburg oval. Could be a nice dirty game! Hope the standard is better than last week at Punt Road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back