Preview Richmond vs Fremantle, Round 15, Metricon Stadium, 7:10pm

Neen

????????????
Jul 1, 2011
Thomastown
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting times at the Freo selection table. That's one tall forward line. Freo hoping for a dominant midfield and a forward line that marks everything and kicks straight. Fyfe usually has 35 possessions against us, so I can see the rationale. Buuut - reality is - anything that hits the ground will be mopped up by Baker and Short. All we need to do is spoil. I would have thought two mid size defenders try to stop Short and Baker's influence, but they went the other way - unless one or two of these talls are actually going down back to park the bus ? This could be an ugly Swans type game or a blowout. If their forwards do mark and convert, it will be a closer game, but I can't see that. I'll back in Lynch and Jack as they have that chemistry already. But Freo definitely have something up their sleeve. But it is not a smart idea against a side like ours that is shifting into third gear..

Tigers by 35 points. Fyfe 30 possessions, no scoreboard impact, Dusty 18 possessions, 4 goals and 8 score assists... Brownlow votes to Fyfe...

Jun 28, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah that's what shits me the most with this pandemic. We are well and truly in our window but any flag we win this year or maybe next year will always be classed as dubious.

i mean if you go back through the history of the AFL/VFL theres been plenty of non standard seasons.

Really if any vic team gets up and wins it, regardless of whom it should be regarded as one of the best flag wins ever.

At most vic teams have had 2 home games, hell weve had 0 by the time this is done and dusted.

I think it was always gonna be a * flag. Shortened season, shorter quarters hubs etc. But it definitely will be if we in it.
Who cares what opposition supporters think? As far as they’re concerned 2017 & 2019 are also * flags, they don’t seem to realise it’s not their opinions that count, it’ll go down as an normal flag with AFL house and in the AFL history books and that’s what counts, not what salty oppo fans think, that goes for whoever wins the flag this year, not just us.

Yeah that's what shits me the most with this pandemic. We are well and truly in our window but any flag we win this year or maybe next year will always be classed as dubious.

Care factor ... nil.

In 20 years this will simply count as another premiership.

And to me it'll be special for whoever wins it. So much adversity to overcome this year.

Like I said before why even care what opposition supporters think? It’ll all go down in the AFL record books as a normal flag and that’s what matters.

Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Care factor ... nil.

And to me it'll be special for whoever wins it. So much adversity to overcome this year.
Yeah that's my thoughts too. With the disruptive season whoever wins the flag this year well and truly deserves it. Especially if it's a Vic team.

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Southampton F.C., eAFL SUNS
I've watched that WA MP melt three times now. It's strangely addictive. And his walk-off at the end showing his exercise man-pants gets me every time.

Care factor ... nil.

special if we win it. * anyone else

In all seriousness best way to shut everyone up is to win this one and the next and go down as one the great sides ever

Mar 9, 2007
Way over yonder across the hill
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Burnie United FC, Cheddar AFC
I've watched that WA MP melt three times now. It's strangely addictive. And his walk-off at the end showing his exercise man-pants gets me every time.
Nothing like a good walk-off after a ridiculous rant.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Just regarding this park the bus tactic clubs are using , I have an uncle that played soccer as well as basketball at a good level over seas many many years ago and was talking about this and he said what he would do if he was coach.

Basically what he said was the defenders will have to follow their man if the attacking team went to a particular location inside the 50 as a group of 4 or 5 players - lets just say 30 mtrs out 45 dgree angle. They would not be able to allow this many players with out being manned as they would easily take the mark due to numbers and blocking of 1-2 defenders.

This then allows 2 things
1. For 1 of the pack to break off and lead
2. the players from outside to run into space

Does anybody see a problem with this idea (my uncle is nearly 80)

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Just regarding this park the bus tactic clubs are using , I have an uncle that played soccer as well as basketball at a good level over seas many many years ago and was talking about this and he said what he would do if he was coach.

Basically what he said was the defenders will have to follow their man if the attacking team went to a particular location inside the 50 as a group of 4 or 5 players - lets just say 30 mtrs out 45 dgree angle. They would not be able to allow this many players with out being manned as they would easily take the mark due to numbers and blocking of 1-2 defenders.

This then allows 2 things
1. For 1 of the pack to break off and lead
2. the players from outside to run into space

Does anybody see a problem with this idea (my uncle is nearly 80)

I like it. 👍

Enjoy the ride peoples.
You know you’ve made it when opppos start rolling out the early excuses.

Last edited:

thefendoff

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
your chest
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
still kinda worried about how short we are this week but if we smash them in the middle that wont matter anyway. Hopefully thats been the focus

Back