Preview Richmond vs Gold Coast. Thursday 1st July 7:20pm @ Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still enough talent in the selected team to win easily. A hardened premiership team doesn't lose its skill overnight. Our form at Marvel has been ok this year, admittedly it's a small sample size though. It's the mental side and lack of cohesion in the team that has to be addressed. They need a jolt and may be a few young players can provide it. I will say though that players like Naish, Ross and Chol need to show something and on a consistent basis, midfielders that have been in the system for 3 or 4 years and aren't improving will need to be heavily scrutinised. Can't think of many midfielders that have 3 or 4 initial ordinary years and then blossom into superstars.

For me all that's important tonight is the gameplan. If they persist with this stupid chip chip shite that's us done, a time warp to 2016 and wake me up next year.

If we revert to proper richmond gameplan I'll be happy and write off last week as a necessary speed bump and the kick up the arse the coaches needed.

Him not kicking goals isn’t exactly a new thing. He kicked one goal in six weeks. Was he dropped throughout that period?

He’s been a negative asset for 99% of his career. He should thank his team mates everyday for carrying him to three medallions. If Steve Morris replaced him over the past four years, we’d be no worse off.

I don’t have any faith that Dimma will wake up to this fraud, but I can guarantee if he goes, we won’t miss him.

I’m no Rioli fan, but Daniel cops way harsher treatment when you consider their respective performances. They’re about on par, however Daniel is in and out of the side and is being asked to reinvent himself in the twos, whereas George is a lock every week. Sickening.
We're talking about him being dropped now, not 6 weeks ago. Thats completely different. He kicked 3 and 1 goals in the 2 weeks before this game.

* you have no respect. He was absolutely a positive asset in our 2017 run. How can you be a Richmond supporter and talk such s**t about a triple premiership player. Theres an argument about how he has not provided enough in the past 2 seasons, but to say hes been a negative is just beyond dumb.

He kicked 26, 26 and 27 goals from 2017 to 2019. 4th most goals for us in 2017, 4th most in 2018, 3rd most in 2019, 4th most in 2020. He sits behind only Jack and Dusty for goals over that 4 year period.

Jack - 181
Dusty - 122
Castagna - 96

But yeh totally a neegative asset for 99% of his games. At 111 games that means hes played literally 1 not complete s**t game in your eyes. Lmao.

Not really a small forward when 90% of his possessions were closer to the wing. Due to injuries I wasn't expecting him to be dropped, he's had plenty worse games, but for a small forward, he gets almost no possessions around goal.
I mean he is a small forward. If the balls not in our forward line I would much rather him move up on the wing rather than go touches in our forward 50.

Also 8 of his touches were forward of the square in our half. 10 were forward half, 6 were defensive half, 4 in our 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean he is a small forward. If the balls not in our forward line I would much rather him move up on the wing rather than go touches in our forward 50.

Also 8 of his touches were forward of the square in our half. 10 were forward half, 6 were defensive half, 4 in our 50.
4 in our 50 is pretty thin. No problem with him getting up the ground, all good forwards should, but getting back and front and centre crumbing etc, the bread and butter of a small forwards, he is not doing and hasn't done so for a long time. To be a long term small forward you have to do it all like Breust for example, a similar sized/positioned player. Breust would have a field day playing for Richmond the last 5 years.

For me all that's important tonight is the gameplan. If they persist with this stupid chip chip sh*te that's us done, a time warp to 2016 and wake me up next year.

If we revert to proper richmond gameplan I'll be happy and write off last week as a necessary speed bump and the kick up the arse the coaches needed.
Good call.
I was discussing with Tiger mates last night when we made a change to that game style and was it deliberate.

Imo we did it to A. give the lads a break from our very taxing game style B. Our game style was being picked apart by good opposition so we needed to adapt.

Whatever the reason I think we go back to what has got us 3 Premierships. If that’s not good enough then so be it, we look at rejigging the game style preseason.

Going for a test soon.
Had the covid vaccine nearly 2 weeks ago,first dose.

Good luck mate, I'm in quarantine, got the first negative test this morning.

For shits and giggles I asked if I'd been wearing a mask at the exposure sight if I'd still have to quarantine - "yes."

What about a biohazard suit? - very annoyed "yes."

So there's literally no way of avoiding quarantine for the average person (i.e. not being Bananaby Joyce)...besides never going anywhere and avoiding all human contact...;)

Ross had 27 good possessions across half back last week, and with Lambert and Prestia missing he might be called on in the middle if things are not going well in there. He looked far more confident last week than he has for a long time.
In the VFL as opposed to a bloke that has been solid every game bar his first in the AFL as a hard as nut defender. Wrong decision for mine. Time will tell

In the VFL as opposed to a bloke that has been solid every game bar his first in the AFL as a hard as nut defender. Wrong decision for mine. Time will tell
Ross has the ability to go through the midfield as well, well he used to before his confidence went to pot. So that may have given him the edge. Also Mansell will be back and has been at the club a very short time, Ross deserves another chance, not that he did much with them this year, but he was injury sub 3 times.

i enjoyed Lewis and Roughie on 360 they understand us better than anyone else in the media. Lewis gets it ... but F ME DEAD Robbo is the most insufriable flog desperate for us to drop away. Cant belive he gets away with is bias on a Fox Footy show.
He's still hungover from the Bummers last finals win....🍷🍷🍷🍷

Good luck mate, I'm in quarantine, got the first negative test this morning.

For shits and giggles I asked if I'd been wearing a mask at the exposure sight if I'd still have to quarantine - "yes."

What about a biohazard suit? - very annoyed "yes."

So there's literally no way of avoiding quarantine for the average person (i.e. not being Bananaby Joyce)...besides never going anywhere and avoiding all human contact...;)
Look on the bright side, at least you are not Barnaby Joyce.

The fact that each of Spain (5), Croatia (3) Switzerland (3) and France (3) in their matches the other morning beat us in the number of goals scored (our 2 last week) is just hilarious.
But but but shocking s new rules would increase scoring and advertising revenue for C7 , so now we have a minute between goals , next year it will be 90 seconds the year after 2 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back