VFL Richmond vs North Melbourne - Swinburne Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Game has been scheduled for 12pm on Sunday, half an hour before the seniors kick-off:rolleyes:

Richmond VFL will take on Collingwood in the Wildcard Round this Sunday afternoon at the Swinburne Centre.

The do-or-die clash between eighth-placed Collingwood and ninth-placed Richmond kicks off at 12pm, with the winner advancing to the finals series

It’s such an AFL thing to do.

We’re yet again reminded it is the most amateurish professional sporting organisation in the world.

The whole scheduling of the VFL this year has been a shambles, the constant byes now this farcical scheduling of our seniors and reserves at the same time.

bloke was screaming like he had his leg torn off by a polar bear

1-3 weeks sounds sus to me

It just looked a really bad ligament sprain to me. They can be excruciatingly painful at first, but my experience is you normally would only miss about 1 week, and that was in the old days and country footy where our recovery regimes might not have been completely professional.

I had loads of these type of sprains in my early 20's but basically none at all later. And no lasting effects on my ankles, at least that I know of. If he missed more than a week it would just be the Lukey Meehan tax where he likes to get the injury and conditioning 100% right before releasing the player back into game day availability.

For anyone confused by the eligibility of AFL players for VFL finals, here's how it works:
  • Because the AFL team are also playing this weekend, the only rule that applies is that the player has to have played at least one VFL or AFL Home & Away game this year.
  • If we win against Collingwood, in addition to the rule above,only players who meet the following criteria can play next week:
    • If the player has played an AFL match after 1 July, they're only eligible if they've played at least 6 VFL games and no more than 12 AFL games for the season.
    • If the player hasn't played an AFL match after 1 July, they're only eligible if they've played no more than 12 AFL games for the season.
Here's a list of eligible players for next week if we win:
  • Tarrant (injured)
  • M.Rioli
  • Lynch (injured)
  • Coulthard
  • Dow
  • Brown
  • Cumberland
  • Banks
  • Bauer
  • Campbell (injured)
  • Nyuon
  • Green
Of the players who played VFL against North last week, Ralphsmith, Mansell, Ryan and Miller are all ineligible for VFL finals because they've played more than 12 AFL games.

These rules do create a few quirks. For example, Tom Lynch is eligible for VFL finals, but Kaleb Smith isn't.

For anyone confused by the eligibility of AFL players for VFL finals, here's how it works:
  • Because the AFL team are also playing this weekend, the only rule that applies is that the player has to have played at least one VFL or AFL Home & Away game this year.
  • If we win against Collingwood, in addition to the rule above,only players who meet the following criteria can play next week:
    • If the player has played an AFL match after 1 July, they're only eligible if they've played at least 6 VFL games and no more than 12 AFL games for the season.
    • If the player hasn't played an AFL match after 1 July, they're only eligible if they've played no more than 12 AFL games for the season.
  • Tarrant (injured)
  • M.Rioli
  • Lynch (injured)
  • Coulthard
  • Dow
  • Brown
  • Cumberland
  • Banks
  • Bauer
  • Campbell (injured)
  • Nyuon
  • Green
Of the players who played VFL against North last week, Ralphsmith, Mansell, Ryan and Miller are all ineligible for VFL finals because they've played more than 12 AFL games.

These rules do create a few quirks. For example, Tom Lynch is eligible for VFL finals, but Kaleb Smith isn't.
cmon lynchy be a richmond man and win us the vfl flag

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no ryan or miller means we're ****ed cos we have no 'real' rucks

means we'll have to use biggy in the ruck leaving our backline rooted and then probably have brindley & lefau as the backup ruckmen

although i think i did see bradtke take a ruck contest or 2 on the weekend unless im hallucinating ?

very low chance of winning the flag, all we have to do is make the semis so sonsie is ripe for rd1 selection next year

• Tarrant (injured)
  • M.Rioli
  • Lynch (injured)
  • Coulthard
  • Dow
  • Brown
  • Cumberland
  • Banks
  • Bauer
  • Campbell (injured)
  • Nyuon
  • Green

What about Soldo, has he played enough VFL games this season to qualify?

Seth Cambell only 1-3 weeks out…

The campaigner was in ambulance straight to hospital… absolute miracle

Suppose hospital is out of Louie Meehans reach
From memory, the ankles that hurt like hell were the ones you recovered from quicker, the opposite for what you thought were minor.
Some physio might have an explanation, or a shrink on a personal level.

I didn't realize we haven't played Collingwood VFL side at all this season, yet we've had 4 byes. Work that out. Whoever does the VFL fixturing needs to take a hike.
I was looking up North Melbourne's VFL form before our game on the weekend and noticed there are 21 teams and only 18 games! In one league we complain about the imbalance of having only 5 double ups, in this one you don't even play each other once!!

I didn't realize we haven't played Collingwood VFL side at all this season, yet we've had 4 byes. Work that out. Whoever does the VFL fixturing needs to take a hike.

i don't mind having all the extra teams in the comp but the fixture is a total utter joke. should be max of 1 bye and everyone needs to play each other

• Tarrant (injured)
  • M.Rioli
  • Lynch (injured)
  • Coulthard
  • Dow
  • Brown
  • Cumberland
  • Banks
  • Bauer
  • Campbell (injured)
  • Nyuon
  • Green

so every campaigner at the club should play VFL this week as the port game doesn't matter a single bit, try get us to next week in VFL and then deal with whoever's not eligible then

but mini will play the best team possible in AFL as it's his last chance to show off anything

so every campaigner at the club should play VFL this week as the port game doesn't matter a single bit, try get us to next week in VFL and then deal with whoever's not eligible then

but mini will play the best team possible in AFL as it's his last chance to show off anything
AFL’s fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back