Preview Richmond vs. Port Adelaide (MCG) Sat Jul 20 1:45PM // PREVIEW Rd 18

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you'll find this is because Richmond don't want to host clubs like Port Adelaide with a small Victorian following.

And you will smash us.
Port games here always have a good spread of Port fans there. I think you underestimate your Vic support base.

Port games here always have a good spread of Port fans there. I think you underestimate your Vic support base.
Lived in Melbourne for 6 years early 2000's. Always sounded more than what the numbers said.

Might be close. Hopefully we can win.

Assuming to Tigers turn up like the last weeks it all depends on which Port turn up. And only God knows that. Or maybe she'll make up her mind about 1:30 Saturday.
Agree haha God only knows.... but it's probably a 50/50

A good omen to me is if Wines is out ( I like him and would rather him in)
But with Wines out we can rebalance with less inside mids or conversely bring SPP back

Its been the season where the team given little chance often gets up and wins. I hope the Tigers don't have that lazy certainty attitude hearing the media mark this one down as a win already, otherwise Port who can get up for a key game will bite us.

I think we are focussed enough and good enough to win, Tigers by 23.

Agree haha God only knows.... but it's probably a 50/50

A good omen to me is if Wines is out ( I like him and would rather him in)
But with Wines out we can rebalance with less inside mids or conversely bring SPP back

Port do my head in. So good and so poor. Something is not quite right there. Should be contending for the premiership, not 8th spot.

As a Richmond supporter living near Port Adelaide, I have heard similar comments several times in the past few days.
5 years of the same inconsistent, mid table bullshit is getting seriously frustrating. He’s signed up til 2021 so the only way he gets sacked is if we completely fall in a hole.

5 years of the same inconsistent, mid table bulls**t is getting seriously frustrating. He’s signed up til 2021 so the only way he gets sacked is if we completely fall in a hole.
You probably finish 8th-10th this year too, so unlikely he's going anywhere, he'll be coach in 2020 and saving a disaster year and a bottom 6 finish, he'd be there in 2021 you'd think. Sometimes the coach can change things up with a new support cast. Maybe Vossy leaving will spark a shuffle in assistants and you can get things right, there is certainly talent on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You probably finish 8th-10th this year too, so unlikely he's going anywhere, he'll be coach in 2020 and saving a disaster year and a bottom 6 finish, he'd be there in 2021 you'd think. Sometimes the coach can change things up with a new support cast. Maybe Vossy leaving will spark a shuffle in assistants and you can get things right, there is certainly talent on the list.
I agree however We’ve had a shuffle of assistants. Every single one of our assistants got shifted around and we brought in Montgomery and Schofield in the off season. Same inconsistent, mid table bullshit.. we’ve almost completely turned over the list in Hinkleys time here. He’s the problem.

Can't see how Port lose this one after being beaten up in the media all week, and the Tiges playing fun but soft footy, are ready for another rude awakening. Port by around 4 goals.

Ah, the Troy Chaplin Airplane Round for two clubs who don’t really have strong feelings either way about each other. Sure there was the incorrect incident when Cotchin kicked into a 471 km breeze, but we all make mistakes. Richmond should have rightly forgotten about that after winning a great flag. Port can’t really bring it up as Port have failed to do anything of significance since.

Good luck Tiges and good luck Ports.

(I preferred when this was the David Rodan ‘warm up for the best performance at the Footy Show end of season review’ cup...)

Can't see how Port lose this one after being beaten up in the media all week, and the Tiges playing fun but soft footy, are ready for another rude awakening. Port by around 4 goals.

Wines, Ebert and Burton are some monumental outs.

They are the cheap man's versions of Dusty, Ellis and Houli.

If you lost those 3, you would find it tough. I was thinking the same thing about Port coming out on fire, but really I can't see Port winning with these 3 out. Especially Burton.. he has been the one player on this team actually playing well. He must still have the Hawthorn mindset, unlike all these Port players who just can't be bothered most weeks.

I also don't understand how Powell-Pepper gets a game. The guy brings nothing. Everytime I see him play, I just see him bombing the ball long or handballing to an opposition player. Really boggles me that this guy is playing, yet they have someone like Drew or Ryder sitting as an emergency.

Same goes with Suttcliffe. What did he do last week that was so good? Suttcliffe over Ryder? Just insane. If Port were serious, Ryder would be in over one of these clowns.

I also don't understand how Powell-Pepper gets a game. The guy brings nothing. Everytime I see him play, I just see him bombing the ball long or handballing to an opposition player.

I think you have contradicted and answered your own post within these three sentences. Some of the most stunning mental gymnastics set in prose I have seen in this thread...

Ah, the Troy Chaplin Airplane Round for two clubs who don’t really have strong feelings either way about each other. Sure there was the incorrect incident when Cotchin kicked into a 471 km breeze, but we all make mistakes. Richmond should have rightly forgotten about that after winning a great flag. Port can’t really bring it up as Port have failed to do anything of significance since.

Good luck Tiges and good luck Ports.

(I preferred when this was the David Rodan ‘warm up for the best performance at the Footy Show end of season review’ cup...)
Given that half the Port fans seem to want us to smash them, it's feeling really strange. We can even join together in a bit of schadenfreude about the Power Stances being beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back