VFL Richmond vs Sydney 2:05pm @ Swinburne Centre

Remove this Banner Ad

Beat the Lions at home 1 week and then lose to the Swans the very next. Shocking.
I can’t fathom that , beat a side that had only lost 1 all year , lose to a side that’s only won one all *en year ,,,we’ve never really est punt rd as a fortress , lose as many as we win if not more

Sonsie just doesn't appear up to it. Should be getting 25-30+ at VFL level if he's really serious.
He had 22p , avg 23p at VFL , n eed to work on what coaches are asking of him, but he’s getting plenty of it ,,,not like he’s getting 10 touches as you’re alluding

Did Coulthard play forward at all? Seems to me we could've done with his pace & skill up there at some point during his disappearing act out on the wing when we crying out for a goal.

why play a small forward as a small forward when you can play them out of position

I think he's just lacking confidence, he just needs a patch of good form and he'll be right back in the mix.
Sonsie needs a rocket....I remember Nathan Foley (rookie draft then) knocking on the door for senior selection, he would regularly rack up 40+ touches and play like his career depended on it. Hawks will be sniffing you would imagine.

He had 22p , avg 23p at VFL , n eed to work on what coaches are asking of him, but he’s getting plenty of it ,,,not like he’s getting 10 touches as you’re alluding
Yep. Hardly RCD numbers. Panic stations from few here over a clearly talented kid having second year blues after an injury but still showing good signs and looking a class above in patches.

As for other comments re: his work rate, could be better but inherently lazy mids usually don't find themselves alone in the fwd 50 taking uncontested marks in the last quarter after a movement that started at half-back.

Last edited:
Sonsie needs a rocket....I remember Nathan Foley (rookie draft then) knocking on the door for senior selection, he would regularly rack up 40+ touches and play like his career depended on it. Hawks will be sniffing you would imagine.
I guess he thought he'd easily get back in the seniors after he played a few last year, so this is why i like mini's attitude if want a spot in my seniors side you need to earn it just like banks and bauer have.

Realise you don't see everything on a broadcast and didn't watch every single second of the match + buffering didn't help but can barely remember seeing Coulthard in the fwd line or even around the 50 -or at least deep/around the goals - looked like he was on the wing most of the time.

Strange couple of bloke to pick out. Steely again did absolutely * all and I'm not sure Nyuon hit a target all game. Hugo too.

Dow and Trezise were the only ones who weren't shithouse.

I'll give Green a pass. He is not a forward. He is being played out of position.

Soldo is still Soldo but if Ryan had kicked straight it would've been a blinder.
Yeah thought Ryan was alright
Biggest problem from the last few games at afl level was him not sticking his marks but this week he took quite a few and a couple of really good contested ones

Kicking at goal wasn’t great but the main thing is he got his hands on it

For me Tresize was our best player by quite some margin. It was a frustrating game to watch, when we stopped bombing the ball & picked a target we looked a lot better. Also the lack of pressure when we kicked a point & the Swans basically had the ball into the middle of the ground before we applied any pressure at all. In the end the Swans wanted the win & bust a gut to get it, where we looked lethargic & lazy at times.
That’s good to hear (Tresize)

Morris said last week that he wanted him to play with some more run and carry. His defensive stuff has been outstanding, if he can introduce that to his game we are going to have a very rounded hb. Looking at the stats (22) that’s slightly up on his normal mid/late teen numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s good to hear (Tresize)

Morris said last week that he wanted him to play with some more run and carry. His defensive stuff has been outstanding, if he can introduce that to his game we are going to have a very rounded hb. Looking at the stats (22) that’s slightly up on his normal mid/late teen numbers
His marking ability is a standout , get him in to play the role Bauer had

Just watched the replay and Dow was very good. High 20's possessions and can't remember him getting one cheaply, all coal face and very clean with the ball. He is such a tease because he was a mile above today. Still maintain if he can put on 3-4 kg's he might make it. Just a bit light at AFL level so get's knocked around. That game should really give him confidence.

Trezise was good as well. Brown average. Cumberland did well, kicked a couple and created a couple and got up and down the ground. Good base to build on.

For me Tresize was our best player by quite some margin. It was a frustrating game to watch, when we stopped bombing the ball & picked a target we looked a lot better. Also the lack of pressure when we kicked a point & the Swans basically had the ball into the middle of the ground before we applied any pressure at all. In the end the Swans wanted the win & bust a gut to get it, where we looked lethargic & lazy at times.
Never a good game at punt road holding a lot of players back l reckon s**t ground

Yep. Hardly RCD numbers. Panic stations from few here over a clearly talented kid having second year blues after an injury but still showing good signs and looking a class above in patches.

As for other comments re: his work rate, could be better but inherently lazy mids usually don't find themselves alone in the fwd 50 taking uncontested marks in the last quarter after a movement that started at half-back.
His disposal is my concern atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back