VFL Richmond VS Werribee at Punt Rd Oval on Sunday 12th of June

Remove this Banner Ad

Soz for delayed reply, I left right after I posted it to go to the G. What Johnno said is about right but I thought he actually went to jumper punch the bloke but let go and ended up chinning him. It wasn't hard but hel probably get a week, can't punch blokes in the face. Johnno, the free was FOR Townsend but then they reversed it when Chol punched the guy
That makes sense now. It was a cracking tackle that deserved to be rewarded and I must have missed the holding the ball signal from the ump.

Chol destroyed Daw and kept him to bugger all possessions. He practically followed him everywhere for the 3Q I watched. Also I was impressed with Townsends inside work, but my fears are still his lack of pace .maybe he could do a stopping job in the backline
McBean was awful and struggled to take marks and hit contests.
Menadue has the awareness pace and talent to play afl and should get a gig against the lions . Moore got 33 I'm confused as I hardly noticed him.

True. But it seems these delisted players who are delisted for good reasons seem to get to an 'interested' team. ie. the team that has spoken to their managers. Although in the draft other teams can potentially take them, it 'seems' everyone is aware where the players are wanted.
To your point, surely you wouldn't think we could even get a 3rd round for him? Try and package him to get an upgraded pick at best.
yep true. not sure what pick, but just remember if he wants to another club specifically, we wouldn't delist him and would like an exchange with that club. we wouldn't just delist him and then he would have to go into the drafts. This is where we may be able to get some return.

Chol destroyed Daw and kept him to bugger all possessions. He practically followed him everywhere for the 3Q I watched. Also I was impressed with Townsends inside work, but my fears are still his lack of pace .maybe he could do a stopping job in the backline
Menadue has the awareness pace and talent to play afl and should get a gig against the lions . Moore got 33 I'm confused as I hardly noticed him.
I'm assuming Andrew Moore? Hate to say it but I think he was a useless pick-up, but then I'm not a recruiting person, I know we gave nothing away for him but Port have as big a depth issue as we have and they delisted him, that's got to say something about what sort of player he is.

I'm assuming Andrew Moore? Hate to say it but I think he was a useless pick-up, but then I'm not a recruiting person, I know we gave nothing away for him but Port have as big a depth issue as we have and they delisted him, that's got to say something about what sort of player he is.
he plays like an outside midfielder with no speed from what I've seen.

Did we recruit him as an inside midfielder? has he been playing there in the VFL because the games I've seen he hasn't been

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he plays like an outside midfielder with no speed from what I've seen.

Did we recruit him as an inside midfielder? has he been playing there in the VFL because the games I've seen he hasn't been
I'm not the best person to ask, all I know is that from what I've seen (which is limited) he's a waste of a list spot.

interesting the different view points, people here say Moore was very ordinary, Mcrae voted him as player of the match.
Really? I only saw the second half and barely noticed him. Maybe he was so far under packs that he was virtually invisible. I hope so. He shouldn't be allowed to kick.

Chol's apparent success in the backline has me very excited. I think we should just take a punt on him and play him instead of Batchelor. With Grimes and Rance playing we can afford to go in a player or two short in the backline.

Chol's apparent success in the backline has me very excited. I think we should just take a punt on him and play him instead of Batchelor. With Grimes and Rance playing we can afford to go in a player or two short in the backline.
Agree. Especially now he seems to have improved his fitness levels from the nab cup. His second and third efforts have improved too.

interesting the different view points, people here say Moore was very ordinary, Mcrae voted him as player of the match.
I saw nothing from Moore that made me think he was an AFL listed player. The only thing he did that I can remember clearly was handballing out of a pack to a player who was in about 10 yards of space and the handball went so high and loopy that the defender closed the handball receiver down... we have enough of that in the seniors atm!

There's highlights of Moores game on the AFL website, lots of rushed kicks and handballs in congestion. I'm not being critical obviously he was playing that inside role, but it was no where near as impressive as Concas highlights last week. Rhys was winning his own ball and breaking away from congestion.

Good on him for doubling his possession rate from the previous weeks, but he does look to be a limited player.

There's highlights of Moores game on the AFL website, lots of rushed kicks and handballs in congestion. I'm not being critical obviously he was playing that inside role, but it was no where near as impressive as Concas highlights last week. Rhys was winning his own ball and breaking away from congestion.

Good on him for doubling his possession rate from the previous weeks, but he does look to be a limited player.
Fully concur , another exponent of the 4" handball,, were they as good as Ellis and lamberts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back