Opinion Richmonds 2017-20 Dynasty would have beaten every other Premiership side of the 2010's

Remove this Banner Ad

Except we’ve grown taller and bigger over time. Have you seen those strongmen from the 1920s, they are smaller than the average gym junkies on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s plateaued somewhat over the last 60 years though. Average male heights went through a big change from just after the turn of the 20th century but have been quite steady in men born since the 1960s

It’s plateaued somewhat over the last 60 years though. Average male heights went through a big change from just after the turn of the 20th century but have been quite steady in men born since the 1960s

It just takes a while. 50 years from now, the difference will be massive. Weightlifting records are being broken all the time both with and without roids. Even with AFL Polly Farmer was 191cm that was big back then, that’s why he was a ruckmen. Midfielders are that height now and heavier.

And again if you’re assessing for example a ruckman in the 1930s and comparing him to a modern one, to make the comparison fair and valid you have to make the assumption that for the sake of the comparison, the older ruckman is born under modern circumstances and thus would be much taller

Yeah I get that, but how can you know how much he would’ve changed. That means his literal genes have changed and thus his playstyle. The taller somebody gets the worse they get at ground level, the more muscle mass they get the slower and more tired they get
etc. you can’t make comparisons with something like this, they become another person.

season 6 episode 25 GIF
Yep the turnip juice that we drank back in my days is what made us tough

Surprise, surprise another main board thread started by a Richmond supporter, about how they're the best. No other supporter base is this insecure. If you need to keep trying to ram it home rather than 17 other club support bases just thinking it - it's probably not true

Btw. I think Hawthorn would beg to differ with 4 GF's and 3 flags back to back to back.
Coming from a guy where Colin Carter is trying to get flags from the 1800's added to the count just so Geelong can have a flag tally somewhere near the genuine big clubs of the comp.

Except we’ve grown taller and bigger over time. Have you seen those strongmen from the 1920s, they are smaller than the average gym junkies on the street.

A seasoned tradie such as carpenter's would beat majority of league footballers for overall strength and yet, most wouldn't look like athletes.

You have gym room strength and then you have everyday strength.

Where can I buy the stuff you're choofing? LOL. Richmond lives rent free in your head. Brilliant.
He grows it in the shed mate like any other true blue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this a Geelong only thread or can other teams supporters also post here ?

I have now given up posting in threads like this because anything that doesn't give unwavering support and credit to the Tigers flags automatically makes me a hater or jealous of Richmond 😶 by some RFC fans.

This thread will eventually end up in the Divvy, I am sure of it.

Correct my friend, Richmond has won 13 VFL/AFL flags.
Grelong 10. Richmond doesn’t count the VFA flags. Colin wants to count them in the cats totals.
Try again. This time scroll to the bottom.

IMG_20221225_132407.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhhh, maybe read the very first part of the link, then get back to me (but i’ll give you a c- on the history lesson).

View attachment 1578160
Sorry mate but it's there in black and white, under that headline that says 'premiership years'.

I guess, like Geelong, you like to embrace the entire history of your club.

Fortunately for Geelong we have 17 throughout ours.

Sorry mate but it's there in black and white, under that headline that says 'premiership years'.

Some facts to clarify the whole discussion about VFA Premierships of the two clubs...

Popularity contests don’t count as Premierships. The VFA did not establish regular seasons or any objective way of deciding a Premiership(such as a finals series or best record across a regular season where every club plays each other in the same amount of games) until 1888. Geelong did not win any VFA Premierships. Richmond won two legit VFA flags.

Richmond as you well know has won 13 VFL/AFL Premierships in 115 seasons. Geelong have won 10 in 123 seasons(they had 1916 and 1942-43 off during the World Wars. They also tried to avoid playing in 1982 due to the outbreak of the ferocious Falkland Islands War but the league said grow a spine or f*ck off.)

Correct, under the heading it says 13 VFL/AFL flags and 2 VFA flags. Facts, they kinda suck don't they. Fell free to look at the photo again. Let me know when you see it.

Nah, 10 VFL/AFL for Geelong. Is your first name Colin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back