Opinion Richmonds 2017-20 Dynasty would have beaten every other Premiership side of the 2010's

Remove this Banner Ad

WRONG.

Richmond were established for almost a quarter of a century before entering the VFL, brought a big following with them and a great location. Totally unlike hick town Geelong and the two franchises with which you laughably tried to compare the iconic Tigers. Richmond Football Club was formed and playing before one foundation member of the VFL and the VFL soon enough realised their error in not including the Wasps in their original group to breakaway from the VFA. How Geelong ever got a gig is anyone’s guess. The VFL begged the leviathan club to come on board, which they did to great effect, winning two flags well before the embarrassingly named Pivotonians had won their first, despite giving an 11 season head start. This is something the Cats can never change, they got a head start on Richmond and they remain behind 126 years later.

The other thing that is recorded for posterity is the fact Richmond holds a 10-2 finals record over the dead rubber giants from the Coster Zoo. And the consummate professionals from Punt Road have outscored Geelong in 10 finals series to a pitiable 1. I mean that is just embarrassing for your foundation member club trying to sell themselves as the greatest dynasty ever, you have outscored Richmond in one single finals series in 115 years from 11 opportunities. That just shows how ludicrous it is you trying to claim any superiority at all over Richmond. We’ve smashed you from one end of the Eastern seaboard to the other in just about every match that has ever mattered between the two clubs.

mr-bean.gif

Allowed to join the league with the mighty University in 1908 after the league had been running since 1897, you can sugar coat if all you like but the fact remains that Richmond are not a foundation club, they are blow ins.

Allowed to join the league with the mighty University in 1908 after the league had been running since 1897, you can sugar coat if all you like but the fact remains that Richmond are not a foundation club, they are blow ins.

And we STILL have more flags and b2bs than you. Bro that’s sad, you might as well fold at this point. Have a feeling GWS and GC will overtake you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

When all is said and done, Richmond are really no different to the likes of GWS and GC, a bakelite franchise who weren't even a foundation club.

You Tiggies can tell me that your club has won more flags and while that is true, it's something that Geelong can always change, what can't ever change is that fact that the Tiggies are blow ins to the comp.

As far as the thread goes, wouldn't have beaten 2011 Geelong.
So even though Richmond were not part of the foundation clubs they have won more premierships that Geelong even though they had 11 years head start in a 8 team comp .And Richmond already had 2 premierships before geelong got 1.
Wow cats must have been really crap until this century surprised being a regional club they were not relocated

Also considering before Richmond won their 1st premiership in 1920
Carlton & Collingwood had already won 5 and essendon 4 premierships.

Richmond already had achieved back to Back premierships before Cats registered their 1st flag

Last edited:

And….?

When Richmond won all those finals against Geelong, I just thought oh yeah, good effort, who's next kind of thing. I didn’t realise at the time how much it messed Cats supporters heads up. Like, some of the damage is only showing now so it clearly runs pretty deep. But I guess it is hard to find other examples of where a team has 3 finals wins in a short period against another team without also losing to them somewhere along the line. Try to put it into some sort of perspective HHH, it is only a game, not like it is life and death or anything. 😁

Last edited:
It’s obvious it will happen eventually, but I doubt we will be down there for 20 years like the tigers were in the 90’s and 2000’s..I bet that is why you lot are so insecure….Geelong winning the flag this year has made your mob worse.. Imagine if they go B2B!!!!
Amusing how Richmond flogs are suffering from a chronic case of relevancy deprivation syndrome all of a sudden when you think they’d be well and truly used to it by now.

I think the most honest reasons for their tender emotions is that they either only just jumped on the bandwagon from 2017 onwards and therefore haven’t been with the club through their previous 40 years of fail, or they’re just completely triggered by Geelong winning what everyone told us was unwinable. 😎

EAFB7274-AA21-41A4-8729-4A7EFCDEA890.jpeg

So even though Richmond were not part of the foundation clubs they have won more premierships that Geelong even though they had 11 years head start in a 8 team comp .And Richmond already had 2 premierships before geelong got 1.
Wow cats must have been really crap until this century surprised being a regional club they were not relocated

Also considering before Richmond won their 1st premiership in 1920
Carlton & Collingwood had already won 5 and essendon 4 premierships.

Richmond already had achieved back to Back premierships before Cats registered their 1st flag

You should have read and comprehended my original post. Yes Richmond currently have more flags than Geelong, but that can change. What can't change is the historical fact that Richmond weren't considered worthy enough to be a foundation club of the league.

And….?

When Richmond won all those finals against Geelong, I just thought oh yeah, good effort, who's next kind of thing. I didn’t realise at the time how much it messed Cats supporters heads up. Like, some of the damage is only showing now so it clearly runs pretty deep. But I guess it is hard to find other examples of where a team has 3 finals wins in a short period against another team without also losing to them somewhere along the line. Try to put it into some sort of perspective HHH, it is only a game, not like it is life and death or anything. 😁

Johnny Come Latelies.

You should have read and comprehended my original post. Yes Richmond currently have more flags than Geelong, but that can change. What can't change is the historical fact that Richmond weren't considered worthy enough to be a foundation club of the league.
They really do lack basic comprehension skills you can see it across most of their posts

Sorry buddy, Richmond had a winning record against the 2013-15 Hawks.

Lol.

Keep trying.

Hawks team during their three peat would have smashed the Tigers at their peak.

Too much class across all the lines and they didnt rely on one star player to win them grand finals.

And why do Richmond fans continue to create silly threads desperately seeking external validation from others? It just shows how insecure you are. Have not seen another clubs fan base act with such insecurity.

And you clearly don't comprehend either , Nobody has disputed that Richmond were not part of the original 8 teams that started the vfl back in 1896 but that really does not make any difference at all to where we are now or what these 2 teams have achieved.

Richmond were not considered worthy you say but the very soon realized that was a mistake and quickly added Richmond, Now lets have a look at the original teams as well as the unworthy teams lol
Carlton (5), Collingwood (5), Essendon(4),Fitzroy (5) Melbourne (1) South Melbourne (2) All won flags and even Richmond won 2 flags after joining the league 11 years later , Before Geelong & St Kilda won

Extremely poor start for this "Foundation Club" Wouldn't you say. Its actually embarrassing that it took nearly 30 years in such a small league to win your first premiership. St Kilda only have 1 flag but that can change also but i suppose they can always hang their hat on being a foundation club i suppose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s obvious it will happen eventually, but I doubt we will be down there for 20 years like the tigers were in the 90’s and 2000’s..I bet that is why you lot are so insecure….Geelong winning the flag this year has made your mob worse.. Imagine if they go B2B!!!!
You do realize Geelong also went for nearly 50 years without success yeah !!!

If you have a look at the bottom of my post you can see all the Richmond premiership years , The mighty Tigers have won 8 of them in my life time
Geelong has won 4 and i doubt i will live to see another 4 from Geelong. Not sure how old you are but maybe you have a good look and tell me which team has not had a gap of 20 years at some stage.

Richmond won 3 Grand Finals by an average of around 60 points. Your 3 nominated teams lost their respective Grand Finals by an average of around 42 points.

So for what you are saying to be true the AFL would have had to experience a sudden drop in standard to the tune of 100 points per game.

Ergo, stupid thing to believe.

Next.
No. They were unfortunate enough to run into the Hawks in GF's. No team has beaten them in the big one without having the favour returned emphatically and sometimes brutally. Once I turn that series of abstract sketches in my garage into an actual time machine, we'll see how the Tigers handle a GF against the threepeat winners...

No. They were unfortunate enough to run into the Hawks in GF's. No team has beaten them in the big one without having the favour returned emphatically and sometimes brutally. Once I turn that series of abstract sketches in my garage into an actual time machine, we'll see how the Tigers handle a GF against the threepeat winners...

Take me for a ride in it because I would definitely like to see that matchup. Can’t see the Hawks being able to cope with the chaos boss J Castagna to be honest. He single handedly turned Chris Scott into a crazy looking *er with an Escobar beard.

Last edited:
When all is said and done, Richmond are really no different to the likes of GWS and GC, a bakelite franchise who weren't even a foundation club.

You Tiggies can tell me that your club has won more flags and while that is true, it's something that Geelong can always change, what can't ever change is that fact that the Tiggies are blow ins to the comp.

As far as the thread goes, wouldn't have beaten 2011 Geelong.

Lol so what a you saying ? Cats have been longer in the competition yet won less flags then us in essence.

Ironic that a Cats supporter calls another club a blow in when Geelong have dropped in and out of the competition over its history. When Richmond won the flag in 1943 there was no Geelong in the VFL. Geelong have only been continuously in the league since 1944.

Only two clubs have participated in every season of the VFL/AFL: Carlton & Collingwood. The other "originals" either dropped out for at least 1916 or later merged (Fitzroy). Richmond is the third longest continuous member club (played every season since joining in 1908).

Lol.

Keep trying.

Hawks team during their three peat would have smashed the Tigers at their peak.

Too much class across all the lines and they didnt rely on one star player to win them grand finals.

And why do Richmond fans continue to create silly threads desperately seeking external validation from others? It just shows how insecure you are. Have not seen another clubs fan base act with such insecurity.
Oh dear. Comprehension not strong in this one.

We regularly beat the Hawks during their peak when we were still developing our premiership team, but somehow you think once we got better and won some flags we would play worse?

Lmao

Remove this Banner Ad

Back