Richmond's long, painful and embarrassing rebuild watch

How much pain will Richmond experience in their upcoming rebuild?

• Mild: Like lukewarm mid-strength beer in a plastic cup

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Average: As white-bread as an MCC member who still wears a polo shirt with a popped collar

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • Extreme: The DNA lovechild of Meltdown Mario & RIFOM

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Default: yada yada Jack Watts

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You want carlton to have multiple 9th placed finishes dont you? lol
Oh god yes. Please! I'll pray to whichever God can make it happen, I'll even convert from the heathen, non believing atheist ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are you so angry and upset with me?
Besides, I'm not racist, some of my best friends are South Australians.

Edit: If I had friends some of them might be South Australian.

Edit edit: On reflection, no they wouldn't be. If I had friends I'd hope I'd have some standards.

Edit edit edit: I guess I am racist.
Will you look at that? @Saveloy Rockstar was right for the first time ever!

Gill saw this happening weeks ago. That's why he instructed the umpires to go in dry. They've already won games for Essendon and little Port Adelaide against Richmond in recent weeks. But despite the AFLs very best efforts, it looks like another year of the Tiger :thumbsu:
About bloody time. It's been years since Richmond, by far the biggest club in the land, won a premiership.

Chill Sav. Me contributing to a thread about my team shouldn't trigger you like it has.
You're so angry all the time and one can only conclude that you have very poor emotional regulation. This is most common in young children and older adults with frontal lobe damage or dementia.

Now I'm not trying to make you even more angry than you already are, but can I respectfully suggest you seek treatment or therapy. It might make your life less difficult and could help you better relate to people and manage relationships etc. I really think it would be something worth exploring :)

Well at least the over 30’s are soon about to far cough and provide the club with a clean slate.

• Revolt - plays like he’s already retired.
• Dusty - the fire has well & truly gone out, he’ll be in Sydney soon.
• Twent - just like at home he’s been relegated to being the sub.
• Pickett -

29A866D7-3DD1-4FDC-90F4-0067A5DE3845.jpeg

So, they traded for Taranto & Hopper (neither of whom can kick) and gave up all their trade capital as part of those trades.
They have Cotchin, Riewoldt, Tarrant, Martin, Grimes, Pickett, Prestia, Lynch & Broad all over 30.
They 'hate' Marvel stadium so we can pencil in a few losses there.
Their best coach for 50 years has just walked.

On a scale of 1:Robbo's sex life to 10:McKay's goal kicking, how embarrassing and painful will Richmond's upcoming rebuild be?

Mofra, you suave, sophisticated, olive-complected Adonis - you've nailed it.

Even the Richmond board are in a tizzy about the return to "the Tigers of old"

Tugboat said:
Whats wrong with this picture?

Joel Selwood 35*
Tom Hawkins 35
Isaac smith 34

Jack Riewoldt 34
Shane Edwards 34*
Robbie Tarrant 34*

Zach Toohey 33
Patrick Dangerfield 33

Trent Cotchin 33
Alex Rance 33*

Rhys Stanley 32
Jon Ceglar 32
Mark Bliclavs 32
Gary Rohan 32
Mitchell Duncan 32

Dustin Martin 32
Dylan Grimes 32
David Astbury 32*
Marlion Pickett 31

Sam Mengola 31
Kane Lambert 31*
Cameron Guthrie 30
Tom Stewart 30
Jeremy Cameron 30

Dion Prestia 30
Tom Lynch 30
Nathan Broad 30

That there is a list of the players on our & the Cats list on players 30+. I have also included players in our list that were part of our dynasty era & have had to retire due to health or personal issues.

The list is interesting and shows us why our window shut much sooner than theirs & how a lot of that needs to be directed towards the medical teams. How have Geelong been able to get so many extra years from their older players whereas all ours have burnt out?

Tom Hawkins still looks fitter than Tom Lynch even though he is 5 years older. Dangerfield doesn;t require being "managed" in key games despite being the same age as Cotchin & older than Dusty & Prestia.

Our blokes have not aged well We have a number of players like Astbury, Rance, Lambert who are now retired and younger than several cats still performing at a high level. I understand that winning flags is like fighting many wars, but i find it hard to believe that Geelong have not had a similar path and should be suffering from the same problems. Even Selwood in his final year was able to play 21 games and not really have too much in regards to time restrictions etc.

There's at least one sane Tigers supporter who gets it.

Back