Opinion Richmond's midfield ranked #15 in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

If our defence is put at #16, and our midfield is put at #15th, then do I want to see what they rank our forward line? This is probably the worst area of the ground for us.

Champion Data had our midfield at #4, and the AFL website has us at #15. Somewhere in between is where I think our midfield is at right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think our midfield is in decent shape but middle of the road... Like any team if we're fortunate and a few of our lower ranked middies like Conca and friends find a new gear then we'll be fine

we have 3 players who are genuine quality mids, Cotchin, Prestia and maybe Caddy

Martin and Rance are all Australian forwards and backs and Jack is a star.

Edwards, Grigg, Miles and Ellis are overated and would not get games in top clubs

Hampson is a middle of the road ruck nothing more

The rest of the squad are either kids with potential or plodders

Our list is bottom 4 with a potential to rise to top 8 based on confidence, draw and injury.

If you think otherwise you are severely overrating the quality at our club

we have 3 players who are genuine quality mids, Cotchin, Prestia and maybe Caddy

Martin and Rance are all Australian forwards and backs and Jack is a star.

Edwards, Grigg, Miles and Ellis are overated and would not get games in top clubs

Hampson is a middle of the road ruck nothing more

The rest of the squad are either kids with potential or plodders

Our list is bottom 4 with a potential to rise to top 8 based on confidence, draw and injury.

If you think otherwise you are severely overrating the quality at our club
Didn't Martin just come off an AA season as a genuine midfielder? I would also include him as a genuine quality mid. It is just that he is both a quality mid and a quality forward IMO.

Didn't Martin just come off an AA season as a genuine midfielder? I would also include him as a genuine quality mid. It is just that he is both a quality mid and a quality forward IMO.
guaranteed goal if hes forward and the ball hits the deck

I think Martin is that good he could play anywhere bar ruck but his best asset is his competitiveness one on one, he was so good this year because of his hardness but he is very unnacounbtale and lacks the running power to be a permanent mid IMO

if you left him permanent forward he would be AA similar to a Lee Mathews type

best not to take these lists serious

dogs midfield better than sydneys? No

Agree dogs mids not better than Sydneys
Dogs fwd line was average and so were their backs and rucks..... BUT

They were the best TEAM, they ran, chased, tackled and worked harder than anyone else and it just shows that you don't need a team of superstars, tall fwds or tall defenders, if the vision and the will is there you can do anything with an average list.

I will add that our top 6 players are better than the dogs and better than most other sides in the comp.

Caddy was recruited as midfield support, and Edwards spends more time in the middle than Ellis and Grigg combined. It would help if the authors could actually pick players in their respective positions. Martin finished second in the Brownlow as a pure midfielder. Cotchin will be more damaging with Prestia and Caddy doing the bulk of the inside work.

These "experts" have no idea what they are writing. MacIntosh has not spent a minute as a defender this year. Short's last 6 weeks as a defender were very good, yet he is not even listed as a backup defender. Do you homework idiots !

They are just ranking teams where they think they will finish. I can bet you when they put out finishing positions for next year we will be bottom 4 or close to it.
Collingwood 4th? o_O
Means we must be top 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back