Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2005
The Hospital
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Golden State, Daniel Rioli
Wow how could I forget that one. Delicious.

my other recollections growing up was the only person able to get the ball out of our D50 at Footy Park was the boundary umpire after another Crow goal 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yep, i went thru our history against them, it’s not pretty thru the 2000s to see if any other games came to mind. Think I’ve erased a lot of those games.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Have there been any games between the Tigers/Crows which have been close, memorable and classic games? I seriously can't think of any, and I wouldn't be wrong if I were to say the Tigers/Giants rivalry is equal to the Tigers/Crows rivalry based off the fact Crows and Giants have both been smashed in a grand final by the Tigers. Meanwhile there have actually been a couple of classic home and away matches between the Tigers/Giants and along with the Brett Deledio defection, you could probably mount a better case for a Tigers/Giants rivalry than you could for a Tigers/Crows rivalry.
Only one I can think of is on our 9W streak to make finals in 2014 , we beat them and cruelled their chances to make finals too. Was a great game. GF aside can’t think of any others

Tiger71

?????? King of the Micro ??????
Sep 22, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
The general consensus amongst fanbases of both the Crows and Power is that they see a rivalry between their club and Richmond and in the eyes of many people from both fanbases, their rivalry with Richmond is their club's biggest rival aside from their local cross town rival.

It's fair to say that the Tigers/Crows rivalry and the Tigers/Power rivalry are like chalk and cheese to each other and couldn't be more different, because one rivalry has never produced any memorable or classic matches while the other rivalry has produced many memorable and classic matches.

When it comes to the Tigers/Crows rivalry, there have never been any memorable or classic matches between the two sides and the games always tend to be average spectacles with one team always winning comfortably. The only Tigers/Crows game that people even remember is the 2017 grand final and even then people only remember the game because it was a grand final, as the match itself was an average spectacle and Richmond were on top of Adelaide all day and ended up winning comfortably.

When it comes to the Tigers/Power rivalry, on the other hand, there have been a fair few memorable and classic matches between the two sides. The games often tend to be great contests and great spectacles with a fair few nailbiters which have gone down to the wire. I have to admit that Port Adelaide are the side from outside of Victoria which Richmond have played the most amount of memorable and classic matches against, and Port Adelaide home games against Richmond at Adelaide Oval tend to have the most electric atmosphere out of all Port Adelaide home games at Adelaide Oval aside from Showdowns.

Which rivalry do you think is the bigger rivalry out of the two?

Tigers vs Crows?
or
Tigers vs Power?

Crows ? Nope

Power ? Nope

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
hate poort because they are the most feral campaigner fans in the comp and charlie dixon is a turd

have no idea who the crows are

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
WCE fans ducking hate us. Go figure.

In big footy terms, there’s a fair bit of acrimony between us and both SA teams, but the port thing tends to be more tongue in cheek. Both this board and the Port board tend to have a higher percentage of avid footy fans than the crows and eagles boards, which with some exceptions, tend to be full of proud West/South Australians who naturally support their state franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than the grand final win and tex being an arrogant flog there’s no real rivalry with the crows

I’d say on the other hand there is with port both sides don’t like each other and port fans are pretty similar to us

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
A rivalry with Port would be like having a rivalry with Fremantle.

At least the Crows have won 2 premierships and did not get beaten by Geelong in a Grand Final!

Jungle Noise

Senior List
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
The general consensus amongst fanbases of both the Crows and Power is that they see a rivalry between their club and Richmond and in the eyes of many people from both fanbases, their rivalry with Richmond is their club's biggest rival aside from their local cross town rival.

It's fair to say that the Tigers/Crows rivalry and the Tigers/Power rivalry are like chalk and cheese to each other and couldn't be more different, because one rivalry has never produced any memorable or classic matches while the other rivalry has produced many memorable and classic matches.

When it comes to the Tigers/Crows rivalry, there have never been any memorable or classic matches between the two sides and the games always tend to be average spectacles with one team always winning comfortably. The only Tigers/Crows game that people even remember is the 2017 grand final and even then people only remember the game because it was a grand final, as the match itself was an average spectacle and Richmond were on top of Adelaide all day and ended up winning comfortably.

When it comes to the Tigers/Power rivalry, on the other hand, there have been a fair few memorable and classic matches between the two sides. The games often tend to be great contests and great spectacles with a fair few nailbiters which have gone down to the wire. I have to admit that Port Adelaide are the side from outside of Victoria which Richmond have played the most amount of memorable and classic matches against, and Port Adelaide home games against Richmond at Adelaide Oval tend to have the most electric atmosphere out of all Port Adelaide home games at Adelaide Oval aside from Showdowns.

Tigers vs Crows?
or
Tigers vs Power?

Richmond v W Coast has the most memorable games

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Adelaide hates us because we flogged them in a grand final they thought they were going to win. Hilarious now to think they were described as the team of stars and us a bunch of role players - have a look at the teams - half their blokes wouldn't have got a game with us. Maybe six would have. It's not a rivalry.

Poort hates us because whenever we absolutely have to (apart from 2014 elimination final), we go over to their house and pull their pants down. They hate us because even though 88% of Richmond-Poort games are at their home ground, we keep beating them. Despite their bitchery and flopping, despite the hometown umpiring, their best hope and greatest achievement is an umpire-assisted bushwhack in a home(for them) and away(for us) game. Poort Flopelaide FlopBall Cucks. Bitchery masquerading as machismo. They strut, they yap, they get in our face then flop, we win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wart101

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 18, 2006
Under the fridge
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Portland FC

Tigers vs Crows?
or
Tigers vs Power?

I'm an Adelaide boy, Richmond supporter and i'd have to say the power is the biggest rival considering we have squashed the crows in the last 4 years but for the crows we are probably a huge rival considering the 2017 GF, i swear every Adelaide supporter i ran into duing that week without a doubt thought they were going to win.

considering we knocked port out of the 2020 GF but they are still a competing side i'd suggest we are there closest rivals.

tigerisland

All Australian
Jun 1, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
Truth is we do have a massive rivalry with Port. We make the most money for the AFL and Port take the most in subsidies (beyond a couple of expansion clubs). Port need our cash and we should not have to give it to them.
Can you imagine the Brownlow medallists Dusty and Wines there lining up against each other? One is the biggest name in Australian sport, the other is less recognisable that Matt Priddis. Yet they are both paid about the same. What a joke.

King Cold

Club Legend
Nov 9, 2011
Geelong
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong VFL
I've noticed there's only been three seasons (1998, 2011 and 2014) where the Tigers/Power haven't been fixtured to play each other in Adelaide during the home and away season.

Does anyone know whether or not there's a reason behind this, or if it's just sheer coincidence?

I've noticed there's only been three seasons (1998, 2011 and 2014) where the Tigers/Power haven't been fixtured to play each other in Adelaide during the home and away season.

Does anyone know whether or not there's a reason behind this, or if it's just sheer coincidence?
It's the only way the power can draw a crowd except against the crows.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Was thinking there could be a rivalry there with Crows but then I think the power ranger stance, Tex Walker, the vacant seat on the plane and Josh Jenkins and his Joe the goose routine and I reckon yeh nah.

So with Port we've had some pretty close recent battles, doing them on their own deck in the prelim etc in their 150th year and the infamous Cotch coin toss and I could see why they'd think so. But then my mind wanders off again and I start thinking about tarpaulin covered seating, David Koch being a bona fide jerkoff, Charlie goes missing Dixon and of course Hamish Heartless and I reckon yeh nah.

Perhaps it's been a lovely coincidence that our true old school rivals Carltoon, Floggingwood and Essendrugs have been completely atrocious, some on the field, some off the field and some both on and off the field whilst we are in the middle of a big fat dynasty.

A lovely, lovely coincidence.

It's like being a kid again in the 60s, 70' and early 80's all over again.

It's Tiger time.

PS I think there was definitely a rivalry brewing with the Eagles but they went plop it would seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back