AFLW Richmond's Round 1 Player of the Match Eilish Sheerin

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

Eilish Sheerin (pronounced 'Aay-lish')
Possibly the most remarkable debut of the round, the 29-year-old shone in a rebounding role for the Tigers.

Recruited from AFL Sydney team Inner West Magpies, Sheerin suffered a torn ACL in 2019, missing out on any potential contract offer from GWS for 2020.

Picking up six AFLCA votes on debut, Sheerin recorded 19 disposals, 17 contested possessions, 16 intercepts, 5 rebound-50s, 3 inside-50s and 408 metres gained against Geelong.

key points

1: she burned off Parry 5 and Moloney 4 like they were standing still, serious pace

2: tackled by Webster 21 and carried Webster, while Sheerin decided which way to effectively dispose of the ball

3: after getting ball always plays on, looking to move the ball on quickly

4: everyone by the end of the year will say "how did she last to pick 58 in the draft"

Wonder how it feels to walk off the ground thinking “Yeah, I reckon I was born to play this game”
Might have to ask Eilish if I ever run into her.

key points

1: she burned off Parry 5 and Moloney 4 like they were standing still, serious pace

2: tackled by Webster 21 and carried Webster, while Sheerin decided which way to effectively dispose of the ball

3: after getting ball always plays on, looking to move the ball on quickly

4: everyone by the end of the year will say "how did she last to pick 58 in the draft"

Wonder how it feels to walk off the ground thinking “Yeah, I reckon I was born to play this game”
Might have to ask Eilish if I ever run into her.
The hardest game of all coming up for her, possibly the hardest of her career - the backup game!

She’s been outstanding , I wonder what sport she played prior , has great ball handling skill , evasive and pretty quick too , makes you wonder with the huge numbers out there playing W footy if there are others
The way she attacks the footy, I'd say she's played Rugby of sorts, maybe touch, she really attacks what is in front of her - quite the tear away!

Edit - Nope. Soccer semi professional, Competitive Skier and AFL

2008: Soccer
Manly United's promising young prospect Eilish Sheerin was given the Premier League Reserve Grade Player of the Year award
Toured Japan and Sth Korea in the Australian Schoolgirls Team
1662982355714.png

About Eilish:​

• Business Analyst working on capability uplift projects in Australia and Internationally.
• Completed a Masters of Management and a Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in International Business from the University of Sydney.
• Attended study abroad programs with Maastricht University and Durban Girls High School.
• I have a passion for exploring, having travelled and lived in more than 60 cities worldwide.
• I am a passionate sportsperson, having pursued a semi-professional soccer career, skied competitively and play AFL.
• I have completed 5 internships (change management consulting, marketing, HR, business development and social
enterprise innovation).
• I have worked for 4 years in various part-time and full-time roles at one of the largest independent migration and humanitarian law firms, providing me with exposure to the nuances of business and people management.

Last edited:
She’s been outstanding , I wonder what sport she played prior , has great ball handling skill , evasive and pretty quick too , makes you wonder with the huge numbers out there playing W footy if there are others

Exactly - especially in the non traditional states where some focus can make a difference. makes you wonder how the Giant's overlooked given she was at the Club.

The way she attacks the footy, I'd say she's played Rugby of sorts, maybe touch, she really attacks what is in front of her - quite the tear away!

Manly United's promising young prospect Eilish Sheerin was given the Premier League Reserve Grade Player of the Year award

• Business Analyst working on capability uplift projects in Australia and Internationally.
• Completed a Masters of Management and a Bachelor of Commerce, majoring in International Business from the University of Sydney.
• Attended study abroad programs with Maastricht University and Durban Girls High School.
• I have a passion for exploring, having travelled and lived in more than 60 cities worldwide.
• I am a passionate sportsperson, having pursued a semi-professional soccer career, skied competitively and play AFL.
• I have completed 5 internships (change management consulting, marketing, HR, business development and social
enterprise innovation).
• I have worked for 4 years in various part-time and full-time roles at one of the largest independent migration and humanitarian law firms, providing me with exposure to the nuances of business and people management.
Clearly one of those annoying overachievers that's good at everything!

Still probably the recruit of the year so far?

View attachment 1506548

enterprise innovation).
Smart too , could work in footy admin with that skill set

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back