Prediction Richmond's season preview: Why a return to top-four looms, young cub to explode

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest thing for me this pre-season was just seeing if our structure is finally sorted out. 3 tall Fwds, 2 Ruckman, thats all I wanted to see last year but no Dimma decided Pickett was a ruckman 🤦‍♂️. The other thing is to see our basic skills levels are up up up, disposal compared to last year, well theres just no comparison, we're looking sharp and ready. Bring on 2022

The biggest thing for me this pre-season was just seeing if our structure is finally sorted out. 3 tall Fwds, 2 Ruckman, thats all I wanted to see last year but no Dimma decided Pickett was a ruckman 🤦‍♂️. The other thing is to just see our basic skills levels are up up up, disposal compared to last year, well theres just no comparison, we're looking sharp and ready. Bring on 2022
I agree with the 3 KPF / 2 Ruck combination
but we still have a glaring weakness that needs to be fixed up and until it does i cant see us winning another flag this year or next and that is a big midfielder that consistently wins clearances and has 30+ poss a game. Steel , Cripps , Dunkley type that can win the ball

Can Cotch do it this year ? or can RCD,Martyn,Ross develop into this ? Who knows but we are certainly needing that player

I am all in for 3 talls + 2 ruck but it means our midfield needs to win clearances more often than not if we are to be a good show

but we still have a glaring weakness that needs to be fixed up and until it does i cant see us winning another flag this year or next and that is a big midfielder that consistently wins clearances and has 30+ poss a game. Steel , Cripps , Dunkley type that can win the ball

Can Cotch do it this year ? or can RCD,Martyn,Ross develop into this ? Who knows but we are certainly needing that player
I'm hoping Tom Green (whats he even doing at GWS?) can be sorted during the next trade period to solve that very problem. Bring him to Punt rd where he actually belongs.

I'm hoping Tom Green (whats he even doing at GWS?) can be sorted during the next trade period to solve that very problem. Bring him to Punt rd where he actually belongs.
GWS have an over supply of this type of player and will struggle to fit all into their team and some will fall out

Stone , Hopper , Green , Callaghan , Bruhn , O'Halloran just to name a few

Agre. But Soldo helps enormously there. Monsters the contests and make sit easier for our guys and harder for the oppo. Cotch looks good. And RCD and Ross can work there. Also Graham is good when given that role. Given we have a number of players that can do that role I'm not so worried about it. But I am a bit concerned in not having an A grader in there (unless Cotch gets his mojo back). Hope we get the younger guys to play more inside time and 1) build cover for Cotch, and 2) develop them as first choice inside mids.

If we play this well, and are lucky, we'll end 2022 with a strong inside group, that is mostly young. Don't expect much of Sonsie, but hope for a few games. But 2023/24 hopefully we'll have a young big, hard, quality midfield group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back