News Richmond's Sydney Stack and Callum Coleman-Jones arrested after brawl outside strippers bar

I doubt anybody "allowed" them out. I'm guessing the hub hotel is a reasonably big place with people roaming around all the time. They probably were drinking together, I think the players were enjoying some club sanctioned beers on a few days off, they probably had a few too many as has happened to a lot of people, then just walked out the front to uber away! There's no doubt it was a poor decision, but the club can't be expected to lock the players in their rooms, at a certain point the fault falls to the individuals.
Apparently the next night he was on the grog again, putting pics on social media.

Perhaps we should give up on this romantic vision of professional footy teams being a tight knit group of firm friends who always have each others backs because TEEEEEEAM!!!!11!1!1

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
more buck passing classic tigers.

afl are doing their job by disciplining you (see the fines and suspensions) like the brat kid you are.

get your house in order ffs.
Mate I recommended our two kids be sent home, and traded.

I have only questioned why 'good bloke' Buckley got feather-dusted in comparison.
It's human moral projection to suggest a strip club is worse than a tennis club in terms of a COVID breach.

And how was it that Buck's innocent mistake could occur? Where is the AFL staff playing gate keeper at the Hub and double-checking all who come and go? And catching out those who try to sneak in and out like Elijah's GF and stack/CCJ?

Billions of dollars are at stake, get someone on the door of the hubs!!

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
I doubt anybody "allowed" them out. I'm guessing the hub hotel is a reasonably big place with people roaming around all the time. They probably were drinking together, I think the players were enjoying some club sanctioned beers on a few days off, they probably had a few too many as has happened to a lot of people, then just walked out the front to uber away! There's no doubt it was a poor decision, but the club can't be expected to lock the players in their rooms, at a certain point the fault falls to the individuals.
I think someone from Richmond "dropped the ball" and it wasn't just the players?

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
U need to understand that Richmond is fined by the AFL, not the 2 players.
Richmond are stating that they will make the players pay the fine, (it’s not the AFL making them)
So the penalty is still required to be paid by the club, Marsh is the PA rep so he will fight for the players not to pay the RFC penalty.
Dumb as 2 players ( 1 wife) behaviour was. if the (my) club pays all or part of the fines, great. $70k of fines on low paid players is too much. Its a balancing act with the punishment. The next penalty of loss of match points will p??? me off

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
My question is who allowed these guys out of the hub for a 3.4 km trip to a Surfers strip club? Who knew their whereabouts? Were they roommates and they just sneaked out? That is a club fault if they did....I cannot believe two AFL players are let out until 3 am in the morning, get tossed out of a strip club, then get in a punch up at a kebab shop? This is King street stuff early Sunday morning when we used to have a city! It's communal alright!
No one allowed them to do it. They are in big rambling resorts, not prison

Apparently the next night he was on the grog again, putting pics on social media.

Perhaps we should give up on this romantic vision of professional footy teams being a tight knit group of firm friends who always have each others backs because TEEEEEEAM!!!!11!1!1
Next night, so Friday night? - "he"?
Who? Stack I assume.
I have not seen this reported anywhere...

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Prove he tried to cause injury.
Chris Judd was an absolute ******* turd of a human being.

Chicken wing on Wright, pressure points and Pavlich’s nose.

All done on either helpless/pinned or unsuspecting players.

Dog of a person and a coward to boot.

Chris Judd was an absolute ******* turd of a human being.

Chicken wing on Wright, pressure points and Pavlich’s nose.

All done on either helpless/pinned or unsuspecting players.

Dog of a person and a coward to boot.
Feeling better?

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dumb as 2 players ( 1 wife) behaviour was. if the (my) club pays all or part of the fines, great. $70k of fines on low paid players is too much. Its a balancing act with the punishment. The next penalty of loss of match points will p??? me off
That the players are being made to pay is on the club, not the AFL.

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
sorry, but COVID has no moral judgement, nor preference for strip clubs over tennis clubs, I can promise you that. 100%.

The consequences for the AFL were the same. The AFL went weak on a powerful AFL entity but big-and-tough on young fringe players. Really, are you so surprised?

I want extreme punishments, but the AFL has to apply them even to their boys club of favourites. Otherwise, they share culpability for the post-Buckley transgressions.

It's very hard to argue otherwise.

And maybe the Richmond players suspensions had more than a covid penalty. It should have and likely did.

Its one thing to accidentally breach a protocol playing tennis. Its another to plan and deliberately sneak out to a strip club, get on the turps, get kicked out and get in a fight and arrested.

Dont you get that?

Jul 28, 2012
Melbourne, the lost City.
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills
Seriously? What do you expect someone from Richmond to do, lock the players in their rooms each night like a prison? Individual responsibility here.
Yes, yes i do! We are doing that in Melbourne now! CURFEW! Victorian teams are a guest of QLD who have kept the season alive and players have blatantly abused that privilege of playing. Somebody at Richmond was responsible? Who knew the whereabouts of two players out on the sauce, looking at throopenny bits, on the grog and eating kebabs at 3AM, 3.4KM from the hub just two days after the boss announces the Grand Final will be in the state that has accepted us and saved us? It's a massive fail. But under the carpet it goes! It's mind-boggling how anyone can defend the players or club for this.

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Yes, yes i do! We are doing that in Melbourne now! CURFEW! Victorian teams are a guest of QLD who have kept the season alive and players have blatantly abused that privilege of playing. Somebody at Richmond was responsible? Who knew the whereabouts of two players out on the sauce, looking at throopenny bits, on the grog and eating kebabs at 3AM, 3.4KM from the hub just two days after the boss announces the Grand Final will be in the state that has accepted us and saved us? It's a massive fail. But under the carpet it goes! It's mind-boggling how anyone can defend the players or club for this.
I doubt that very much, the club would have laid down the rules, it's up to the players to abide by them rules.

Oct 3, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Actually its up the the player to agree to 'donate' towards payment, that's what Crotchin did and that was likely because he could afford it and he's the captain.

Ironically it was Brendan Gale who wrote the code of conduct rules for the AFLPA when he was boss there in his prior job that stipulated the club couldn't fine players for this type of offence.

BBC1967

Cancelled
Aug 9, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Mate, are you trying to shift the blame?

Since football began players have stuffed up, 2 Richmond players stuffed up big time, it has nothing to do with who did what before or after.
Not disputing anything but wish to highlight double standards. Their behaviour was deplorable and good old Bucks was negligent and not a good look for AFL senior coach.....AND his assistant.

Back