Tigerballs

Team Captain
Sep 8, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Long time since my last post. This one is probably directed at people born before 1990. I was born in 1981 and grew up with very little joy as a tigers fan. But then came along Richo.... For a long time he was my reason to watch the tigers (as I'm sure was the same for many of you). So, anyway, tonight watching the 2020 gf for about the 20th time, it got me thinking, who is my favourite player of all time since I can remember watching? I know my answer, but what does the bigfooty tiger army think?

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
About even. If Richo had kicked 6 goals 2 instead of 2 goals 6 he would have gone down as possibly the greatest forward ever and kicked around 1000 goals. He was as athletic as Buddy, but could mark the ball like few others. Amazing footballer, but for his goal kicking.

Martin is the complete footballer, although he doesn't dominate entire seasons like Richo did (2017 aside), he does dominate finals series, which Richo never had the chance to. So in that respect he may have nudged out Richo, but only just.

Mar 19, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
It’s a tough one but an easy one.

Richo kept the flame flickering for more than a decade. He was all we had.

But Martin helped deliver the glory we all were seeking and Richo’s 2017 tears support this.

And Martin, due to deft management, has become an immortal figure in league history. Kids want to change clubs and support Richmond because of Martin. Richo could never do that.

I love ‘em both but Martin wins. He could have run off to Norf but didn’t. We have Cotch and Dimma to thank for that but it’s also been the best business decision Martin has made.

Dusty easily.

Love Richo, and his flawed superman thing is so amazing. Great bloke and I love him.

But Dusty is passing Royce Hart as the GOAT Tiger, and chasing Lethal for the GOAT of GOATs. Dusty does stuff that seems impossible - especially tossing Dangerfield off like a wet rag and kicking an unbelievable goal to win a premiership. And Dusty's silence and happiness at being himself is worth gold to me. I love that he is himself and the media can go and get stuffed.

Drofder

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 18, 2014
37.8265° S, 145.0069° E
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Niners
Not even close.

1606946215404.png
1606946248163.png
1606946320778.png

They’re both outta the ordinary Richo with a midfielders tank and probably in the top 3 contested marks of his era and Dusty being able to consistently do things nobody else does.
Who knows how good Richo could’ve been if he hadve developed in an elite
place like the club is now with mentoring and coaching.
They were some dark years and it
would’ve been a real shi.ty train ride home without Richo through those years but I dunno we would’ve got flags without Dusty so Dusty for me.

I do reckon Richo could’ve been 10% better if he had the coaches and program that’s invested now and could’ve been in the same conversation as Plugger...easily.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Honestly its to close to call.
Both are legends of the club for different reasons.
Richo kept this club going when we needed it most.Without him i'd hate to think where we would be today.Tasmania/NT/Cairns?
Without Richo i dare say Dusty would be somewhere else today.
Having said that it is what it is.Without Dusty we more than likely be still on 10 flags.
No club vs 3 flags?
Tough one.

On exposed form - Dusty easily (and I love Richo)

But my caveat is, can you imagine how much better Richo would have been in the sides Dusty has had the privilege to be playing within?

But sadly we only have the form we have seen. That said, thank you Richo for keeping all of us Tiger faithful engaged with your skill and acumen long enough to see Dusty and the boys make us all cry with complete happiness again!

Last edited:
Dusty is richo's hero

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

And both have posters of Jack Graham on their walls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dusty easily.

Love Richo, and his flawed superman thing is so amazing. Great bloke and I love him.

But Dusty is passing Royce Hart as the GOAT Tiger, and chasing Lethal for the GOAT of GOATs. Dusty does stuff that seems impossible - especially tossing Dangerfield off like a wet rag and kicking an unbelievable goal to win a premiership. And Dusty's silence and happiness at being himself is worth gold to me. I love that he is himself and the media can go and get stuffed.
Dusty still has time to add to his legacy, Richo was a shinning light in dark times. Both better than Hart but not as good as the Tiger GOAT... KB. I saw every game both Hart and KB played and Bartlett was easily the better of the two.

guruisatiger

Grand Poohbah of Ganymede
Oct 25, 2006
from the hinterlands of sri lanka and tibet
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
B.S.C youngboys.. Borussia Dortmund
Duncan Kellaway

Back