Richo's Last Year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just might be. Any injury of significance would accelerate it, but it could be like him to go out at the top of his game. Hope not, but do we really expect him to go on forever? Like this?

And, the Richmond physio that also does the Tigers offsite said last week that it's likely to be his swansong...

So enjoy it!!!!

What a stupid post "Any injury of significance" ??? ofcourse it would end his career but WTF would you even post such crap, is it because you could rehash this thread to be proven right if it did happen?

If we make the finals this season and he has a solid year he will play on for 1 last season without a doubt

Thread should read: "Richo's last year on the ball?"

And the answer would still be NO.

'09 and '10 on the wing (serious Brownlow contender this year), 2011 CHF, 2012 -'13 as a hulking goalsquare full forward. And I'm serious.

Just might be. Any injury of significance would accelerate it, but it could be like him to go out at the top of his game. Hope not, but do we really expect him to go on forever? Like this?

And, the Richmond physio that also does the Tigers offsite said last week that it's likely to be his swansong...

So enjoy it!!!!

I heard the same thing from my best friend's cousin's father in law who knows a guy at the pub who was talking to a guy related to someone who worked in the membership dept of St Kilda and overheard some people talking about Richo retiring. :rolleyes:

What kind of Tiger supporter would come here and make up some crap about a trainer saying it's Richo's last year? So what team do you really support UptheGuts? Hawthorn? :cool:

I love richo. Surely this isn't his last year. He's way too fit.

You'd have to taser him, wrap him in a straight jacket then unleash savage dogs onto him just to get him off the ground..
But Richo being Richo, he'd fight off those dogs, undo the jacket, be immune to the electricty and take 15 or so marks along the way.

Much love for the big man, hopefully he plays for a few more years:thumbsu:

Opening poster isnt increasing chances of it happening.

Wouldnt mind the realisation that it could be from this point on being taken on by the playing group.

It will be a sad day when it happens regardless of how we are travelling.

Frawleys bullshit gameplan of kick amongst ourselves to give time to defenders to swamp him may have robbed us of a year down the path.

I love richo.

You'd have to taser him, wrap him in a straight jacket then unleash savage dogs onto him just to get him off the ground..
But Richo being Richo, he'd fight off those dogs, undo the jacket, be immune to the electricty and take 15 or so marks along the way.

The man seriously needs a gold shimmering cape emblazoned with a gold and black shimmering tiger and shiny letters which read:

R.I.C.H.O.
"Here he comes to save the day....."

What kind of Tiger supporter would come here and make up some crap about a trainer saying it's Richo's last year? So what team do you really support UptheGuts? Hawthorn? :cool:

Just the mesenger mate. A guy I am good mates with plays Premier League cricket (quickie) and said his physio told him. I've been there a few times myself and there are lots of signed photos of Tigers on the walls.

OF COURSE I hope Richo plays until he's 44 and signs off after his 10th consecutive flag, but sometimes tou need to take stock and appreciate when a champion is at the zenith of his game.

Personally, I recon he'd have little idea until the last stages of each season.

Surely we'd prefer him to go out as a dead set freak rather than someone who had reverted to being a swingman benchplayer?

My love for Richo is deep, and deepening each year....

I'm very intersted to hear any talk of whether he will retire. Im in America right now and will have to give serious thought to flying back to watch his last game.
Obviously I think he can go on, if we have a positive season and make the finals but don't go all the way then I think it is far more likely.
If we were to win a flag, which I doubt, he'd probably retire. Same if we go backwards and finish bottom 4.

He isn't the captain I know, but would anybody actually prefer somebody other than Richardson to hold up the cup after we just won a premiership? Two seasons in my opinion maybe even three with a move back to the forward line. Ive always hoped he would be an Alistair Lynch type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just the mesenger mate. A guy I am good mates with plays Premier League cricket (quickie) and said his physio told him. I've been there a few times myself and there are lots of signed photos of Tigers on the walls.

OF COURSE I hope Richo plays until he's 44 and signs off after his 10th consecutive flag, but sometimes tou need to take stock and appreciate when a champion is at the zenith of his game.

Personally, I recon he'd have little idea until the last stages of each season.

Surely we'd prefer him to go out as a dead set freak rather than someone who had reverted to being a swingman benchplayer?

My love for Richo is deep, and deepening each year....

I reckon he's just a bloke making a hunch :cool:
Richo is playing like he has 3 years left and surely he'd want to hang around for the only successful and exciting time at the club he's played with for 15 years. He's been playing all these years for finals success and they look to be just around the corner, maybe 5 years of finals. I'm sure he'll be excited to play in front of big crowds for the Tiges while he's still fit and enjoying his footy and I'm sure the club keep telling him we want him to play for as long as he can. We don't want him to think he's holding back youth. That's probably the biggest reason why he would retire soon because he's mentioned he doesn't want to prevent any kids from making the team and he'll do what's best for the club. We just gotta keep telling him he has to play until he's 40 :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back