TV Rick and Morty

Remove this Banner Ad

bourbons

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Remember when Morty got Rick to create a date-rapey kind of thing so Jessica would be forced to root him, except that it interacted with the flu virus and ended up destroying the world? Really makes you think...
Haha yep. Funny how the original family are stuck in Cronenberg world and an alternate Rick and Morty are still buried in the backyard lol.

Hurry up rest of season 4
This. No word on when they're due?

Quokka

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
3 days? I remember watching 21 Jump Street years after it came out in America.

Bit of a meh episode imo, sure there's meant to be some whole commentary that its bad because that's the joke but still, even if you're bored with everyone wanting the overaching plot that still felt like a filler.

Marlowe

𝓐𝓭𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓭
Mar 12, 2012
Shopping for a silk sash at Tootie's
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gold City Royals
Pickle Rick/McDonalds Sauce stuff seems like the bigger dividing for this show.

I've seen some people say the new episode is an attack on the fans. I don't feel like this show hates the people who watch it, though. I feel like, if anything, it's a show that hates itself.

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Pickle Rick/McDonalds Sauce stuff seems like the bigger dividing for this show.

I've seen some people say the new episode is an attack on the fans. I don't feel like this show hates the people who watch it, though. I feel like, if anything, it's a show that hates itself.
I think that's on purpose. Rick has it all but he absolutely hates himself. Go watch that episode with Unity the hive-mind again. He wanted to root red-headed women in a stadium full of men who all need to "at least remotely resemble his father". Some deep-seated psych issues there and I even reckon his mother was a redhead. Oedipal sh*t going on there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mrmonkey

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Just watched the most recent episode. The writers have certainly shaken things up a bit since returning back. Will be interesting to see how the rest of the season unfolds.

Forward Press

Premium Platinum
Jul 5, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man Utd
Think both of the episodes since returning have been great. The first one especially because it shits all over the fans who overanalyse the show and think they're Rick but in reality they are all Jerrys. Yeah the meta is overdone at times and it adds nothing to the ongoing plot - but who cares? Some fan groups (not just R&M) take it way too seriously.

RobbieGray17

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Loved the latest episode and thought the 9/11 joke was hilarious
I didn't actually pick it up at first instant and had to rewind. I really loved the line "I'm getting Political.....Yeah I'm political now" It cracks me up when Rick goes to say something and it sounds like he's about to laugh.

Remove this Banner Ad