FTA-TV Rick and Morty

Remove this Banner Ad

Its one thing for a misses to be too dumb to get the jokes but another whole level of stupid to not even realize its an intelligent show. She aint a keeper.
She’s one of the smartest people I know. But it was nearly a deal breaker when I found out she had never seen The Mighty Ducks. Her childhood was deprived of TV.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid
I love Rick and Morty as much as the next person but the smugness in this post is incredible

I love Rick and Morty as much as the next person but the smugness in this post is incredible

You get the jokes in Rick and Morty but you DONT get the joke in THAT post.

Go figure...

Just shut the heck up. This copypasta was never even funny to begin with. I've never even seen the show, and it was obviously a joke. What kind of idiot do you have to be to think that was ever said seriously? But it makes fun of something which is popular, and therefore popular to s**t on among the contrarians on Reddit. Come on, really. I actually do have to wonder about the IQs of people who like that pretentious copypasta. You know, I sometimes can't help but superiorly smirk as I imagine their dumb faces struggling to understand words on a mere internet webpage. In fact, I sometimes find myself in paroxysms of ironic Schadenfreude as I envision the visages of the aforementioned Slow-in-the-minds waging war with the Cultural Artifact they proclaim to be analyzing, only to fall, slack-jawed, back into their insensate stupor, the proverbial Undiscovered Country, "from whose bourn no traveler returns" .

Just shut the heck up. This copypasta was never even funny to begin with. I've never even seen the show, and it was obviously a joke. What kind of idiot do you have to be to think that was ever said seriously? But it makes fun of something which is popular, and therefore popular to s**t on among the contrarians on Reddit. Come on, really. I actually do have to wonder about the IQs of people who like that pretentious copypasta. You know, I sometimes can't help but superiorly smirk as I imagine their dumb faces struggling to understand words on a mere internet webpage. In fact, I sometimes find myself in paroxysms of ironic Schadenfreude as I envision the visages of the aforementioned Slow-in-the-minds waging war with the Cultural Artifact they proclaim to be analyzing, only to fall, slack-jawed, back into their insensate stupor, the proverbial Undiscovered Country, "from whose bourn no traveler returns" .
Strong username to post correlation to this post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't read this thread as I've only just disvovered this gem.

A friend introduced me via the Mulan Chicken Nugget sauce ep.

Holy moly. This show is like watching a Jazz maestro singing scat. I have no idea where it's going. Just along for the ride.

Probably the most original show I've seen since Ren and Stimpy.

or the fans are the problem. given things like the szechuan sauce s**t.
the most vocal fans are the worst, and make all R&M fans look bad.

even if cartoon network dont renew someone will pick it up.

Most threads I find about Rick and Morty are 100 comments complaining about the fans and not one fan actually being a douche. It's definitely a weird minority that are making everyone who likes the show look bad.

Maybe Cartoon Network own the rights to the show and are preventing Dan from both writing more because of his own uncertainty as well as preventing him from shopping it round to competing networks. Comedy Central would love to run a South Park/Rick and Morty double shot on their channel, for one.

Corporate douches dragging feet through contractual mud is all that's going on here.

Maybe Cartoon Network own the rights to the show and are preventing Dan from both writing more because of his own uncertainty as well as preventing him from shopping it round to competing networks. Comedy Central would love to run a South Park/Rick and Morty double shot on their channel, for one.

Corporate douches dragging feet through contractual mud is all that's going on here.

I think Dan was trying to say his motivation to WRITE more episodes wasnt there because his lack of confirmation of a new season :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back