FTA-TV Rick and Morty

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Remember when Morty got Rick to create a date-rapey kind of thing so Jessica would be forced to root him, except that it interacted with the flu virus and ended up destroying the world? Really makes you think...

Haha yep. Funny how the original family are stuck in Cronenberg world and an alternate Rick and Morty are still buried in the backyard lol.

Hurry up rest of season 4

This. No word on when they're due?

Jul 19, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets
why do we have to wait like 3 days after america gets new episodes
tenor.gif

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
3 days? I remember watching 21 Jump Street years after it came out in America.

Bit of a meh episode imo, sure there's meant to be some whole commentary that its bad because that's the joke but still, even if you're bored with everyone wanting the overaching plot that still felt like a filler.

Pickle Rick/McDonalds Sauce stuff seems like the bigger dividing for this show.

I've seen some people say the new episode is an attack on the fans. I don't feel like this show hates the people who watch it, though. I feel like, if anything, it's a show that hates itself.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Pickle Rick/McDonalds Sauce stuff seems like the bigger dividing for this show.

I've seen some people say the new episode is an attack on the fans. I don't feel like this show hates the people who watch it, though. I feel like, if anything, it's a show that hates itself.

I think that's on purpose. Rick has it all but he absolutely hates himself. Go watch that episode with Unity the hive-mind again. He wanted to root red-headed women in a stadium full of men who all need to "at least remotely resemble his father". Some deep-seated psych issues there and I even reckon his mother was a redhead. Oedipal s**t going on there.

Think both of the episodes since returning have been great. The first one especially because it shits all over the fans who overanalyse the show and think they're Rick but in reality they are all Jerrys. Yeah the meta is overdone at times and it adds nothing to the ongoing plot - but who cares? Some fan groups (not just R&M) take it way too seriously.

Dec 1, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
I've liked this season but thought it a bit of a step down (and not helped by the two separate parts - just not worth a mid-season break like that if it's only ten episodes long).

That said, the new episode is an instant favourite for mine. I was cackling a lot.

Back