Analysis Ricks Analysis (The Shinboner Blog)

It’s execution coupled with bad positioning. You can’t have so many players sucked into contests. Geelong could get it and flick to the outside knowing they were away.

And we basically have Polec in no mans land for long periods. He needs to be the bloke we get the ball to, not standing around scratching his nuts for half the game.

It’s where Hall could be so dangerous. Just off the contest. Cunnington to Hall, then take off forward.

On the execution piece, seriously anyone other than Cunnington, Thomas or Anderson should be ******* banned from handballing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think this was just a problem under Scotts.

I wonder if its a cultural thing. Like its less respected or worthy to sit off the pack and get the easier possession so no one thinks to do it. Its not "winning your own ball" and if you hold back you "aren't going when its your turn". If as a club we don't value it then we don't recruit players who can hold back when they need to then it's probably not what we look for in players.

Agree, but when clubs do attack the corridor when generally get scored against too easily!

Normally they don't except on stupid turnovers.

Well... maybe they do, but it doesn't seem that way to me. Against * it happened for example. They moved the ball into the corridor so they targeted a player ... if you imagine a box 10m square at the right hand corner of the square on our HFF (sharing two edges) ... then the player would be moving to receive in the space behind the corner that's diagonally opposite the corner of both boxes a few metres each side moving toward their goal. (Hope thats clear enough:drunk:) And they'd do it immediately.

If we force teams into slow movement we can usually control what happens with the ball. * attacked thru that spot quickly a number of times, diagonally on a 45 - 60 deg angle from what looked like a drive down the wings. There was usually a box 5 or 10 metres a side that was clear of our zone defenders in that vicinity and thats where they got the ball to.

Mar 23, 2001
Forever Death riding *
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wildcats/Pacers/Chelsea/Scorchers
My entire understanding of the show is that everyone has sex with dragons.
I avoided watching any episodes for about the first 3 years but my wife was obsessed with GOT.

She tried her hardest to convince me but I kept avoiding it, one weekend she put the very first episode on and pleaded for me to watch it with her. After binge watching about 10 straight episodes I turned to her and said “yep you GOT me hooked”..

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I don't think this was just a problem under Scotts.

I wonder if its a cultural thing. Like its less respected or worthy to sit off the pack and get the easier possession so no one thinks to do it. Its not "winning your own ball" and if you hold back you "aren't going when its your turn". If as a club we don't value it then we don't recruit players who can hold back when they need to then it's probably not what we look for in players.

If that was the case it’s on the club to change it’s mindset.

I think it’s a combination of dumb footballers and a lack of well rounded mids who have the ability to win the ball and also spread at pace when we win it.

I avoided watching any episodes for about the first 3 years but my wife was obsessed with GOT.

She tried her hardest to convince me but I kept avoiding it, one weekend she put the very first episode on and pleaded for me to watch it with her. After binge watching about 10 straight episodes I turned to her and said “yep you GOT me hooked”..

A mate of mine who doesn't watch television and chops down trees for a living told me basically the same thing a few days ago.

If that was the case it’s on the club to change it’s mindset.

I think it’s a combination of dumb footballers and a lack of well rounded mids who have the ability to win the ball and also spread at pace when we win it.

Its a cultural thing that goes back a long way. i remember hearing about it from a young age.

It doesn't matter how hard you spread from the contest if the ball has just popped out the back to your man or some other guy sitting 5m off the pack with a head start and a teammate shepherding him as you start to chase.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Its a cultural thing that goes back a long way. i remember hearing about it from a young age.

It doesn't matter how hard you spread from the contest if the ball has just popped out the back to your man or some other guy sitting 5m off the pack with a head start and a teammate shepherding him as you start to chase.
You're right it doesn't. That's why we need blokes just off the contest to stop this and create opportunities when we win it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

You're right it doesn't. That's why we need blokes just off the contest to stop this and create opportunities when we win it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

We need to do something about improving our players' footy IQs.

He chops down trees, he eats his lunch, he goes to the lavatory?

:thumbsu:

Pretty much it lol. He doesn't own a telly afaik. Missus and kid probably have one in the house (I think.) Scones are definitely a Sunday thing tho.

Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Back