Analysis Ricks Analysis (The Shinboner Blog)

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
1551737434860.png

Last edited:

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Well, yeah, Rick, you’ll have your own thread when you start it yourself. Do you have any idea how many people will miss out this time because they have Snake on ignore?

They're not the sort of people that bother with football analysis anyway.

My own thread! I'm moving up in the world :straining:
Love the Scott footage, it shows size doesn't matter if you keep your feet. He is so cat like, unbelievable balance.

As good as Polec was, there were a few instances where is was dreadful. Gave up a goal with some piss poor body position in defense and got court badly on the boundary line because he refused to kick with his right and turned inboard. It will be interesting to see if the Gibbo and Jmac haters are willing to to be as harsh on him for the odd mistake.

Whenever Polec goes inboard from the wing he will always look for that short 45 hit up kick so he can use the left. If our players read this it will be very dangerous as he rarely misses the target.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dumont was good at this sort of thing last year, but he had next to no support on the other wing. Opposition would often clamp down on him when he was defensively running so we didn’t have that out option.

Now we have 2 really hard defensive runners. That benefit being that Polec can literally run all day, has a bit more pace and has an elite 55+m damaging kick that can really split the game apart.

He instantly adds considerable depth to our players that can really attack from the outside too. No club in the comp can lock down on all of Higgins, Polec, Hall & Dumont.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
They're not the sort of people that bother with football analysis anyway.
The narcissism is strong in this one. The fact that you open threads, that contain information or the fine contributions of others, is the main reason you're not on ignore (all the time.) This thread being a case in point. Naturally, I'm on ignore so there's no love lost here. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
On 6-6-6, some early trends and (potential) unintended consequences: https://theshinboner.com/2019/03/11/6-6-6-the-number-of-change/

Goldstein's going to be massive for this, and we really need him to stay fit and firing all season if we're to take advantage of it.

I thinks it’s the same for a number of teams if the new rules have as big an impact as is being touted. How many teams have a back up ruckman who won’t be exposed?

I've got no clue how we approach it against Freo, but I think from R2 when Thompson is back, McKay will just play the exact replica of Maj's role last year.

Agree. Not sure long term with McKay but as it stands he appears better suited right now as that floating intercept mark player (at least if he stays in the backline).

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
...........McKay will just play the exact replica of Maj's role last year.

My hunch is that he'll get hard lock down work initially with Robbie or Thommo being freed up for that role, considering he is going to be the future focal point of the defence. We'll know soon enough.

Either way, he needs to get some "tandem" work under his belt, in order to figure out the structures under AFL conditions.

Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My hunch is that he'll get hard lock down work initially with Robbie or Thommo being freed up for that role, considering he is going to be the future focal point of the defence. We'll know soon enough.

Either way, he needs to get some "tandem" work under his belt, in order to figure out the structures under AFL conditions.

I think whatever role it ends up being, he'll be shielded really well by Tarrant and Thompson so he can ease his way in. As long as it doesn't end up being a Tippett against Walker situation at Adelaide Oval a couple of years ago when he was thrown to the wolves, I think all will be ok in the end.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
On 6-6-6, some early trends and (potential) unintended consequences: https://theshinboner.com/2019/03/11/6-6-6-the-number-of-change/

Goldstein's going to be massive for this, and we really need him to stay fit and firing all season if we're to take advantage of it.
Do you reckon we are making to much of the new rules? There's been some easy clearanes, but is some of that due to practice match levels of defensive pressure?

We also have to take into account that attacking teams won't be able clear the 50 for their gun forward.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back