Free Agency Ricky Henderson [joined Hawthorn as a delisted free agent]

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
Astute pick up....Playing his best football at 30 years of age.

Solid unit with a nice kick & great engine.....Would like to see the Hawks match him up on Fyfe, Dangerfield & the like, in a run-with role.....Seems ideally suited to the bigger bodied star midfielders of the competition.

If you had told me that Henderson would be outperforming Smith and Scully I would’ve said lay off the drugs. He’s been an outstanding recruit. Is very close to leading Hawthorn’s best and fairest.

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Has there ever been a delisting that’s gone onto be an all Australian? He’d be in the rolling AA atm. Don’t expect him to keep it up, but it’s been a blistering start to the year

Hodgey09

Cancelled
Feb 7, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No idea what the hell has gotten into this bloke this year but ******* hell, would never have thought he could play this well.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
This thread needs more salt. Typical Hawthorn signing DFAs. Destination club bullshit, Adelaide ripped off again.

I remember almost nothing of Henderson at the Crows. He was there but one of their McKay/Brown/Hartigan types who you know play for Adelaide but don't really notice. Was ok last year but on fire the first few rounds. Maybe in some rolling AA sides, would've been in 0 pre season.

I hope he plays another few years (31 this year). At the rate he's aging he'll be 47 by next year.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
This thread needs more salt. Typical Hawthorn signing DFAs. Destination club bullshit, Adelaide ripped off again.

I remember almost nothing of Henderson at the Crows. He was there but one of their McKay/Brown/Hartigan types who you know play for Adelaide but don't really notice. Was ok last year but on fire the first few rounds. Maybe in some rolling AA sides, would've been in 0 pre season.

I hope he plays another few years (31 this year). At the rate he's aging he'll be 47 by next year.

31 in September actually, so he'll play all of next season at that age, assuming he's done enough to warrant another years extention....LOL>

Back