Free Agency Ricky Henderson [joined Hawthorn as a delisted free agent]

Remove this Banner Ad

he will slot straight in to a side currently placed 9th to 18th, good honest player,. but does tend to butcher to ball a bit when the pressure comes.. Happy to lose him in exchange for a 2nd round comp pick (which was been confirmed would happen if he signs a 3+ year deal), somewhere in the area of pick 35-45.. If only we could get the same in exchange for a few other pieces of Crows dead wood..
He doesn't butcher the ball !!

I'd say kicking and hitting a difficult target is one of his strengths

Just look at his last game v WC where he laced out 3 targets I50 when no one else could hit a barn door

You'll get 14 from hawthorn. No way you'll get top 10

I think you will find he is only on the market for a top 10. Anything below will be rejected and he plays with us for the next 3 years.

Not really the issue to be discussed in this thread though. The point is if Hanley is trade for whatever pick it is Henderson would be an awesome cheap replacement.

For the team that gets hendo .. play him at half forward. He has decent speed and a decent kick. Dont play him in defence... hes a bit of a squib down back.

We won't be getting anything.

Well, there'll probably be a compo pick but your point is basically right - Adelaide doesn't get a say in it.

he will slot straight in to a side currently placed 9th to 18th, good honest player,. but does tend to butcher to ball a bit when the pressure comes.. Happy to lose him in exchange for a 2nd round comp pick (which was been confirmed would happen if he signs a 3+ year deal), somewhere in the area of pick 35-45.. If only we could get the same in exchange for a few other pieces of Crows dead wood..

Love to hear you name this source that has confirmed he will receive a 2nd round pick if he gets a 3+ yr deal

I'll call bullshit on that one. The afl wouldn't have confirmed s**t unless they had been presented with a deal including amount

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was confused this morning reading the article on the AFL website that suggested the Crows anticipated getting a compensation pick. Surely if he is not offered any kind of new contract he will leave as a DFA and there will be no compensation pick.

I think it's because the club are happy to just take the pick rather than fight to keep him, effectively 'letting him go'. If no one was else interested, he wouldn't just be delisted, we would probably keep him on a low-ish contract.

embarassing to admit this but I've genuinely never heard of him.

I thought for a second someone was referencing the former base stealer for the oakland athletics...
I had to google him.

Every one questioned when there was whispers about Barlow coming to us, why get rid of 30yo Lewis for a 28yo.
Then we pick up 28yo Henderson, makes no sense
Would rather go after Barrett, a 10 year player

Nothing is official as yet, maybe more than likely, but I'll wait until it's official...not my first choice is all I'd wish to say...

Every one questioned when there was whispers about Barlow coming to us, why get rid of 30yo Lewis for a 28yo.
Then we pick up 28yo Henderson, makes no sense
Would rather go after Barrett, a 10 year player
It's not just about adding a body. It's about adding a player who fills (or at least notionally fills) a specific need within the team. Henderson is a completely different player to Barrett, and certainly different to Spangher as someone else mentioned. The coaching staff obviously feel Henderson can add something specific, likely run and carry. He's always been talked about as being a decent ball-user, though it appears many Crows fans seem to disagree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back