Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 10, 2003
C. Ling > Fabio
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtics, Storm, Victory
Hi hawk fans.

We interviewed Ricky Nixon a few weeks back and beee are a couple of snippets. He speaks of the hawk culture during his playing days, Club 10 and Hawk legend Jason Dunstall.

We are looking to interview some hawk legends so keep your eye out for these in the future

Hope you enjoy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks for sharing this.
The Hawks said “don’t spit on“ / disrespect the club area.... an idea that has held to today with there being a “no drink-shower after a player gets their 1st win” policy. I have always liked that about the Hawks. Shows respect for those that would have to clean it up.

Last edited:

No probs. Glad you enjoyed. The whole interview was great. More high profile AFL identities to come.
Ricky Nixon certainly has the gift of the gab. His insights and thoughts are interesting ... and you interviewed him well which = give him a topic and let his mouth run. That said, I hope Ricky finds another vocation where he is far away from the AFL... and any other position where integrity matters. Not to say that his deals for players and clubs were necessarily wrong, they probably were not, but his use of fame sucked. On your bike Ricky.

Ricky Nixon certainly has the gift of the gab. His insights and thoughts are interesting ... and you interviewed him well which = give him a topic and let his mouth run. That said, I hope Ricky finds another vocation where he is far away from the AFL... and any other position where integrity matters. Not to say that his deals for players and clubs were necessarily wrong, they probably were not, but his use of fame sucked. On your bike Ricky.
LOL. Surely you're excluding AFL house from this statement?

Wait a minute - we have never drenched a player/players after a victory?
Doesn't sound right to me.
Is that so?
Not a player, but I remember Clarko copping a decent shower after a game a few years back ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is using his game to good use now. Helping ex sportsman with health issues and raising funds for kids with cancer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back