Right-wing editor wants to see ABC journalists and viewers murdered.

Do you support murdering civilians who disagree with you?

• No, I am a proud Australian.

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • Yes, I am a proud authoritarian.

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong
Quadrant online editor Roger Franklin laments that Manchester blast was not against ABC

http://www.theage.com.au/national/q...last-was-not-against-abc-20170523-gwbreb.html

The Australian Federal Police has been notified that the online editor of the Australian conservative journal Quadrant wrote an opinion piece saying that, "had there been a shred of justice", the Manchester blast would have "detonated in an Ultimo TV studio".

He added that, if such an attack took place, "none of the panel's likely casualties would have represented the slightest reduction in humanity's intelligence, decency, empathy or honesty".

Wanting to kill panelists and the studio audience of ABC's Q&A programme...I wouldn't think such a notion would align with Australia's Judeo-Christian values that we hold so dear. Is this just an outlier, a lone-wolf view if you will? Or is it an extremist view with a significant enough following in the community to justify the banning of all who subscribe to these beliefs? Why this man cannot assimilate with our values and view on the sanctity of life is beyond me.

It's yet another example of the unrelenting and deep seated enmity the extreme right has for the ABC. They won't be content until there is a 'one view' fourth estate and that is the view of the extreme right.

For them the notion of a broad based media where the accurate presentation of news and the fair presentation of views serves the public interest best is an anathema.

It's yet another example of the unrelenting and deep seated enmity the extreme right has for the ABC. They won't be content until there is a 'one view' fourth estate and that is the view of the extreme right.

For them the notion of a broad based media where the accurate presentation of news and the fair presentation of views serves the public interest best is an anathema.
It's a very transparent agenda, too.

I worry that regional areas' attachment to local abc radio is the only thing protecting the whole organisation from the coalition/IPA.

I understand it's somewhat already happening with transmitter reconfigurations and the like, but the "bush" would totally crack the shits at a determined effort to destroy the abc.

**** yeah. My azaleas wouldn't be what they are today without talk back gardening on sat mornings.
More of a native dendrobium grower myself. But weekends are broadcast statewide from Melbourne, anyway.

Was more thinking along the lines of coverage of local and regional issues, which you don't get from the commercial stations.

Also the abc role in emergency broadcasting is important. You'd hate to rely on commercial stations for that: "coming up we'll have the latest on the bushfire front at Calignee North, right after this classic from Nickelback".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NSWCROW am surprised you haven'' t mentioned Bolt chortling over such brilliant satire re ABC bombing.

What sort of society have we become where people try to come up with the most disgusting thing concerning a tragic event. To think my taxpayer dollars goes to providing the infrastructure which allows such grotesque comments to be made.

NSWCROW am surprised you haven'' t mentioned Bolt chortling over such brilliant satire re ABC bombing.

What sort of society have we become where people try to come up with the most disgusting thing concerning a tragic event. To think my taxpayer dollars goes to providing the infrastructure which allows such grotesque comments to be made.

Only time i tend to hear about Bolt is when the Loon Pond effortlessly exposes the guy for the pelican he is.

DAfUDgCXkAAgylB.jpg

What is Quadrant?

People that are blaming the right are just playing right into their hands.
Quote on it's front page will give you an idea on what Quadrant is:

“This fabulous publication has done more than any other in this country to nurture the high culture of Western civilisation.”
— Prime Minister Tony Abbott

If you look at its directors and those who write for the Quadrant, you just might find out how far 'right' they are.

Quote on it's front page will give you an idea on what Quadrant is:

“This fabulous publication has done more than any other in this country to nurture the high culture of Western civilisation.”
— Prime Minister Tony Abbott

If you look at its directors and those who write for the Quadrant, you just might find out how far 'right' they are.

Abbott is pretty deluded to think it's done anything to nurture our culture if I've never heard of it before.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back