Politics Right wingers and victimhood; the new cottage industry

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2004
AFL Club
GWS
Right wingers in the media are society's biggest whingers by a fair margin.

They will host national TV shows, write columns for major dailies, host talk back for 3 hours, work for the biggest media company in the world; yet will use all these outlets to claim they have no freedom of speech. Read Bolt, Panahi et al for 5 minutes and you will read them telling you they arent allowed to say anything. Books are being sold, TV segments filled, newspapers sold based on this lie. Some of these boobs are making careers off of it.

Now Steve Price is doing it by proxy. Price is complaining about being shut down; of all people.

Ironically the only reason he has that job or Bolt had his chair on Insiders is because they are right wingers. They sure as hell didnt earn it by journalistic skill or achievement.

If you're a right winger who wants to complain about all muslims being terrorists, or jew cucks or whatever, people can call you racist. If you want to be sexist or homophobic, people can point out your opinion is sexist or homophobic.

If your racist, sexist and homophobic opinion is pointed out as such, you can retreat to your safe space on an alt right (i.e. white nationalist) site, or monetise your false sense of victimhood.

As Bolt, Price, Panahi are showing; there's gold in them hills.

I think the problem is and probably has been recently proven that the left are too quick to resort to labelling the right racist, misogynistic, sexist, homophobic, islamaphobic, white privileged, white male privileged, mansplainers, uneducated, bogans, basket of deplorables etc.. rather than engaging in meaningful debate and conversation.

Last edited:
I think the problem is and probably has recently proven that the left are too quick to resort to labelling the right racist, misogynistic, sexist, homophobic, islamaphobic, white privileged, white male privileged, mansplainers, uneducated, bogans, basket of deplorables etc.. rather than engaging in meaningful debate and conversation.

No, no, no. You have it all wrong.

'The right' just want free reign to say whatever they want about anything or anyone all the time.

There's nothing debate-stifling about pre-emptively labeling people at all.......

Society's biggest whingers?

Have a look at who's protesting and causing damage in the streets of the US right now, champ. And the reactionary nonsense from people who identify themselves as leaning left who use twitter. The biggest crybabies and whingers you'll ever have the (mis)pleasure of hearing. Also the biggest hypocrites too... they'll gladly bitch and moan about Trump being undemocratic when he makes a stupid comment about "maybe not accepting" the result of the election if he had lost. Instead, we have these same people rioting and inciting violence (as well as holding up signs for Trump's wife to be raped, assassination threats, etc) just because the election didn't go their way.

But yeah, someone like Rita Panahi is the bigger whinger for sure. Give me a goddamn break. Are you always this perpetually confused, like the facial expression of your avatar?

Right wingers in the media are society's biggest whingers by a fair margin.

They will host national TV shows, write columns for major dailies, host talk back for 3 hours, work for the biggest media company in the world; yet will use all these outlets to claim they have no freedom of speech. Read Bolt, Panahi et al for 5 minutes and you will read them telling you they arent allowed to say anything. Books are being sold, TV segments filled, newspapers sold based on this lie. Some of these boobs are making careers off of it.

Now Steve Price is doing it by proxy. Price is complaining about being shut down; of all people.

Ironically the only reason he has that job or Bolt had his chair on Insiders is because they are right wingers. They sure as hell didnt earn it by journalistic skill or achievement.

If you're a right winger who wants to complain about all muslims being terrorists, or jew cucks or whatever, people can call you racist. If you want to be sexist or homophobic, people can point out your opinion is sexist or homophobic.

If your racist, sexist and homophobic opinion is pointed out as such, you can retreat to your safe space on an alt right (i.e. white nationalist) site, or monetise your false sense of victimhood.

As Bolt, Price, Panahi are showing; there's gold in them hills.

What I find incredible is the hollowing out of the words "elite", "establishment" and "outsider" of any meaning - if I read "the leftard tears" are delicious" again I will top myself . Panahi is incapable of an original thought - it's incredible that
agents of the most powerful news organisation in the world that is beholden to the whims one of the richest men in the world cast themselves as the voice of the forgotten working class -Not tragedy - Farce!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What I find incredible is the hollowing out of the words "elite", "establishment" and "outsider" of any meaning - if I read "the leftard tears" are delicious" again I will top myself .
Yep. The last 2 Republican Presidents have successfully marketed themselves as 'outsiders'. One was the son of a former President, the next a Wall st millionaire who's been around politics for decades.

I think the problem is and probably has recently proven that the left are too quick to resort to labelling the right racist, misogynistic, sexist, homophobic, islamaphobic, white privileged, white male privileged, mansplainers, uneducated, bogans, basket of deplorables etc.. rather than engaging in meaningful debate and conversation.

What is absent from the Murdoch commentary that it was not cultural issues that made the rust belts vote for trump - it's his promise to peel back the flat earth trickle down economics that they have been pushing for ******* years

Don't worry. Chief will end up banning all the right wingers like he is currently doing so you can all look forward to your boring circle jerk.

Don't worry mate Steve Price died for your sins and poor old Bolter has been silenced by that wicked law

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Society's biggest whingers?

Have a look at who's protesting and causing damage in the streets of the US right now, champ. And the reactionary nonsense from people who identify themselves as leaning left who use twitter. The biggest crybabies and whingers you'll ever have the (mis)pleasure of hearing. Also the biggest hypocrites too... they'll gladly bitch and moan about Trump being undemocratic when he makes a stupid comment about "maybe not accepting" the result of the election if he had lost. Instead, we have these same people rioting and inciting violence (as well as holding up signs for Trump's wife to be raped, assassination threats, etc) just because the election didn't go their way.

But yeah, someone like Rita Panahi is the bigger whinger for sure. Give me a goddamn break. Are you always this perpetually confused, like the facial expression of your avatar?

What her columns are crimes against original thinking and the English language - poor Steve Price -the suffering servant

What I find incredible is the hollowing out of the words "elite", "establishment" and "outsider" of any meaning - if I read "the leftard tears" are delicious" again I will top myself . Panahi is incapable of an original thought - it's incredible that
agents of the most powerful news organisation in the world that is beholden to the whims one of the richest men in the world cast themselves as the voice of the forgotten working class -Not tragedy - Farce!

I'm enjoying your 'leftard tears' greatly.

Right then, off you go.

Divide and conquer mate.

Their role is to divide so their employers can conquer.

Yep, basically loads of those far right guys are useful idiots to the elite who keep getting in power off their anger, and ironically their policies generally stuff precisely those angry people some more, then they swallow the right propaganda that it's all the left's fault that they are being screwed

They get played like a fiddle by the establishment so the rich can get richer while they themselves get poorer, yet they'll never stop voting for them, it's amazing the cult of personality that the western right has built

Anyone for a fixie ride around the inner city and a meet up for an incredible green tea and vegan breaky?

Let's face it, the problem is most people are just dumb campaigners that do not appreciate nuance or really know how to think for themselves.
They pick a side and have a grab bag of things to say, and never want to learn a thing.

But what would i know, I'm one of the dumb campaigners

You don't sell papers or get clicks or followers through intelligent, balanced discussion. You get it via belligerent polemic, by reinforcing or placating people's existing thoughts. Once you've picked a side you have to get worse and worse.

It happens on both sides. There is still some good journalism/discussion out there, just a bit harder to find.
If you find your self reading some real crap, don't get aggro, just stop reading.

You don't sell papers or get clicks or followers through intelligent, balanced discussion. You get it via belligerent polemic, by reinforcing or placating people's existing thoughts. Once you've picked a side you have to get worse and worse.

It happens on both sides. There is still some good journalism/discussion out there, just a bit harder to find.
If you find your self reading some real crap, don't get aggro, just stop reading.

The whole point of argument & debate, is investing in the dialectic....At least to some degree....Even if that entails the pointing out of the madness in taking sides.

An investment in the truth of the issue, or a belief that it matters, is usually enough to prompt us into engagement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back