Politics Right wingers and victimhood; the new cottage industry

Remove this Banner Ad

What would you call claiming the whole thing was rigged to preempt things not going their way?
That claim sounded tinfoil hattish, but at least had some evidence behind it. The protests have been embarrassing :$

Kidd Vicious hates Israelis which means he is a bigot.

And by the way, many non-"Zionist" Jews I know support Israel and travel there regularly. Would it be ok to hate these Jews too?

How is saying Israel shouldn't exist not worse than Trump saying many illegal aliens are criminals?

Yeah true, you raise good points however I stand by that Zionist does not represent Jew. Israel has every right to exist. Just hate the hardcore conservative the same as Wahabbi.

A conversation about racism devolves into whether white people should be allowed to call black people n*****.

Trump really has won.

Because a couple of posters on a focussed Australian Rules football forum discussed the origin of the word fellow?? Just no.

Trump won when a huge swathe of the mid west decided they were sick of foodstamps and * all had been done to assist in the transition from the labor dominated auto/agricultural/manufacturing job markets. They have been sold out for years via both parties.

Now remember these industries employed many peoples of many races, so forget the white nationalist rhetoric.

like you should of.

I will now do and do a FigBooty specific search like I should have, to discern how I have erred in spammar and grelling.

if it was not skilts inimitable #phonetics and my hashtags, like you should of, I would have assumed these phonetics were a malaprop like my spammar and grelling and canned ham. I should of done the Figbooty search. I rest your mind at ease, I have, done. I should have got the chronology fixed pre-hashtags?

oh, you say revising and editing and proofing before posting n alliterationz. well I say phooey to you. And that is polite english. what I really say is vexxed from a Chief, he of unmatched wisdom swear filter.
You're on fire, you gloriously silly bugger. :thumbsu:

If I could be bothered I could flip this all around and find ample evidence that supports the right argument to the contrary. Seriously, some peoples ability to see only their sides argument and nothing else is mindboggling.

As for the bit bolded, this is as ridiculous as labeling all people who booed Goodes racist. I can see the point of a lot of left arguments. I do not have to agree with them. I have a different opinion and it is sure as hell not influenced by any type of hatred. This is the go to card of the left used to suppress any argument and it works. Who on earth would relish providing an contrary opinion only to have this this type of crap thrown at them.

Look at the hate fuelled protests that the media/twitter are currently carrying on with. Who made the left authority on what is classed bigotry, racism or homphobia? These derogatory labels are handed out like candy by the left.

I sincerely hope Trump succeeds. Not because I like the man himself.

The right are the ones that gave us "the road to serfdom" , Milton Friedman and the Laffer curve. It was not the ducking left that gave us the GFC it was the Ayn Rand worshipping finance types - the fact that Trump was pretending to offer an alternative is why they voted for him - see culture is the super structure _ economics is the base

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The right are the ones that gave us "the road to serfdom" , Milton Friedman and the Laffer curve. It was not the ducking left that gave us the GFC it was the Ayn Rand worshipping finance types - the fact that Trump was pretending to offer an alternative is why they voted for him - see culture is the super structure _ economics is the base

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The main reason Trump was elected was that he was prepared to say absolutely anything to get a sale. The used car salesman of politics.

heartless-trump.jpg

A good summary how the right wing operates.

(1) Basically what Trump said in that video is correct, but is he sincere about fixing the problem?

(2) It's the actually authoritarian wing, because elements from left and right are in play here

Most people would agree that as time has gone on society has become more and more progressive. A function of education as much as anything. Wasn't that long ago (1955) Rosa Parks challenged segregation on public transport. You know, standing up for actual civil liberties. Two generations ago it was OK for minorities to be segregated. Then society said that wasn't OK. Nowadays there are gender neutral terms, unisex bathrooms, multi-denominational prayer rooms etc. and there are people who carry on like they are just as important in the course of human history if they point out that a shopping centre has a 'mothers' room' and not a 'parents' room' or something equally tedious.

I would argue that as society has progressed we have fewer actual problems to worry about yet people (as is human nature) still feel the need to vent their frustrations and feel they are changing the world, so people focus their outrage on less and less important things. If Mark Taylor calls "Davey" Warner a batsman during a Channel 9 telecast then you can guarantee some numpty somewhere will call in and complain that the gender neutral "batter" is the appropriate term. That's an example of the sort of s**t that people worry about these days. Give me a break.
It's interesting that you acknowledge genuine civil liberties such as black rights, which are generally accepted by all, while seeming bemused, if not dismissive, about transgender rights, as are many people (with gay rights falling somewhere in the middle: generally accepted but still resisted by many). Is it not possible that some people in the 1930s would have had exactly the same attitude to black rights as you do to unisex bathrooms (PC gone mad, why all the fuss about which seat on a bus they can use). Likewise, can you forsee a time in 20 or 30 years when transgender rights are viewed in much the same way as gay rights are now and that many would find a dismissive attitude to their rights to be bigoted.

As to your second point, I don't think there are necessarily more people challenging terms (some in a ridiculous manner), it's just now there is more of a forum. One inane Twitter post can fuel an absurd amount of angst from both sides. As I said earlier, a major part of the problem is the increasing number of sounding boards (or echo chambers) on the internet. The correct response to someone arguing Dave Warner should not be called a batsman is to ignore it, not accuse the left of some vast outrage culture while yourself getting outraged.

I think the left whingers protesting and rioting whenever results don't go their way is a far bigger problem than the right's supposed 'victimhood'. Pathetic thread.
they whinged about, sorry, they were whinging and whingeing and on a wing an a prayer about the 2004 GW Bush John Kerry and the exit polling said Gore was gonna take it, see: Mike Palast, so the liberals had already used the "stole and election" thru the electronic voting conspiracy. They may have, they may have not, but the DNC were the first to this point, well, if you take an arbitrary startline of 2000 Bush. ok, the caveat was 'arbitrary start line'.
http://www.democracynow.org/2016/2/23/could_the_2016_election_be_stolen

and remember, in the 2008 primaries for the Democrats, Hilary raised the prospect of assassination. Have you heard about this when Trump was ramping up the nativism and the gun crazies.

Well, HRC already did this with Obama 8 years back. Have you hear the media put Trump's assassination talking point in this context? no. unless you did a search for the hashtags and found my post on twitter, whenever I heard someone on the ABC talking about Trump and assassination of his opponent or Obama, I usually tweeted a reponse.

the corollary had something like, 'my caveat is Franzen's quote on twitter'. re: it is pissing into the wind. Like Trent Cotching selecting to kick into a 5 goal breeze in the first quarter in a final.

edit* I had to change the Gore00 to Kerry04 my memory failed me. also, Cotching was intentional. but this was only about 10minutes ago, and I had to submit to the googles

Last edited:
He does make things interesting.
Over the years, he and I have gone at it hammer and tongs. I profoundly disagree with almost everything he writes. Then, out of the blue, he and I find ourselves in lockstep. Half the fun has been in trying to figure him out. I'm still working on that. He is no drongo though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back