Right wingers are less intelligent than left wingers

Remove this Banner Ad

According to this study:

Right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low childhood intelligence tend to grow up to have racist and anti-gay views, says a controversial new study.

Conservative politics work almost as a 'gateway' into prejudice against others, say the Canadian academics.

The paper analysed large UK studies which compared childhood intelligence with political views in adulthood across more than 15,000 people.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...olitics-lead-people-racist.html#ixzz2tMVeKVf0

Surprising or not?

Obvious is obvious...they hold ridiculous views based solely on the views of their parents, who held ridiculous views based on the ridiculous views of their forefathers....rote humans.:D
Nearly all right wingers believe a sky fairy invented them.

Define right or left wingers?

So being socially conservative equals to being racist?

Must people who vote labor are from the middle/low social economic status, therefore poor people are smarter than Rich people?

If one were determined to take notice of a publication as ambitiously-named as, Psychological Science, this study might have some relevance. Psychology, an industry in futile pursuit of relevance and usefulness.

I'm proud to say that I've endured no psychological qualifications, yet despite this, I was pondering a very similar conundrum yesterday. The conclusion at which I arrived, supported by no 'scientific' input, was that those of a more conservative bent tend to have a very dim view of humanity, compared to 'normal' people. The good thing about this is that they spend their entire lives devastated by crushing fear. The bad thing is that they think everyone else should adopt a like, jaundiced view of those who occupy the planet with them. Their manifest pain and discomfort at their forced association with 'the other' is my consolation for having to put up with them. All of which is put in the shade by their all-consuming dullness, which is unforgivable.

Define right or left wingers?

So being socially conservative equals to being racist?

Must people who vote labor are from the middle/low social economic status, therefore poor people are smarter than Rich people?

Most people come from a middle to low socioeconomic environment. In fact most voters come form the same group.
It makes sense that most Labor voters come from the same, as do most Greens voters and Liberal voters.

All moot though as the distinction is not being made based on family income, but intellect.
Right winger...dumb.
Left winger....smart.

I wonder how those who made the study would define themselves politically.

I dare say it's a case of...

I belong to group X
I'll make a study to see if group X is better.
Gee, look at that result, group X IS better....Yay me.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/09/new-study-politics-makes-you-innumerate

The result? Survey respondents performed wildly differently on what was in essence the same basic problem, simply depending upon whether they had been told that it involved guns or whether they had been told that it involved a new skin cream. What's more, it turns out that highly numerate liberals and conservatives were even more—not less—susceptible to letting politics skew their reasoning than were those with less mathematical ability.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/03/denial-science-chris-mooney

Consider a person who has heard about a scientific discovery that deeply challenges her belief in divine creation—a new hominid, say, that confirms our evolutionary origins. What happens next, explains political scientist Charles Taber of Stony Brook University, is a subconscious negative response to the new information—and that response, in turn, guides the type of memories and associations formed in the conscious mind. "They retrieve thoughts that are consistent with their previous beliefs," says Taber, "and that will lead them to build an argument and challenge what they're hearing."

Political bias makes you less intelligent.

In fact I'd argue people who hold strong political affiliations are suffering a form of mental illness.

To think that one group is smarter than the other is like asking which pig is the least dirty. Both right wingers and left wingers pretend there is some value system behind their views when in reality their views are completely hypocritical and inconsistent when viewed under any value system except if that system is to solely support the poorer half of the population from your country or the richer half. In others words, the left and right are nothing more than dumb cheerleaders who want more wealth and rights for their social/economic class.

Makes sense. It's fairly obvious that the frequency of "slow" politicians, to put it politely, increases the more conservative they are.

Anyone who disagrees can look at the Tea Party.

That said, it doesn't mean that someone from the left is necessarily smart.
Conservatives believe in God. Left wingers believe in the communism. You're both pretty unbelievably stupid. To think you are smarter than the other is hilarious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So in a nut shell, what they're saying is exploitation of the poor is dumb and robbing from the rich is smart

I'll leave this one out here for you to read. I read a Melbourne Facebook Page/Green Page from 2013 election about Adam Bandt where this dumb stupid bitch put pure crap out there saying how happily wonderful it was people voted for Bandt and how they were smarter yada yada yada and then quoted the stats from the ABS on education status in Melbourne. This thing was done to show they are apparently the best educated people and thus they make smart selections by voting Adam/Greens in. This point was easily debunked when the dumb bitch was upstaged and shown on the combined education evaluation statistics and the the ABS one line statements on the results that Kooyyong (neighbouring electorate) actually had a higher education level combined and tertiary level. No nice response was given to this and as a result it clearly questions this view (at least in an Australian sense).

Conservatives believe in God. Left wingers believe in the communism. You're both pretty unbelievably stupid. To think you are smarter than the other is hilarious.
It is arguable that the lack of educational experience in the left extremes compared with the right really raises questions about this validity in the start. Also a lot of these evaluations have been skewed from outset or have things that completely overlook making the evaluation impartial from the start.

With a view to appearing even-handed on this topic, it must be said that I find those who profess leftist leanings equally execrable. Their earnestness and their self-congratulatory belief that they alone can affect monumental societal change are an embarrassment to anyone who thinks. The true devotees of this religion (those who don't turn into conservatives at 40 years) look as if they are wallowing in aspic. If that's not bad enough, their use of meaningless jargon renders much of what they say utterly incomprehensible. It seems to me that their propensity to approvingly quote an equally incomprehensible ****ing economist as the guiding light of their lives makes them almost as dull as conservatives.

Attributing religion or communist thought to either wing is incorrect.

Obviously I'm biased, but I do believe there is a trend, however small that favours the intelligence of the left. I'm yet to find a moronic match on the left for Tea Party candidates, for example; Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Rand Paul.

As I alluded to though, it doesn't mean that everyone on the left is smart or that all of those on the right are stupid. It just appears to me that there are more right-wing nutters than loony lefties.

But again, I'm biased

Last edited:
Conservatives believe in God. Left wingers believe in the communism.
What a ridiculous statement. I know many atheist conservatives, and I don't know anyone who says we should do away with democracy and install a communist and/or dictatorial system of government (from the left or right)

Attributing religion or communist thought to either wing is incorrect.

Obviously I'm biased, but I do believe there is a trend, however small that favours the intelligence of the left. I'm yet to find a moronic match on the left for Tea Party candidates, for example; Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, Rand Paul.

As I alluded to though, it doesn't mean that everyone on the left is smart or that all of those on the right are stupid. It just appears to me that there are more right-wing nutters than loony lefties.

But again, I'm biased
They exist on the Left its just that the Democrats are smart enough to not use them. In Australia we have the Greens party which are full of people who want to embrace Marxism and extreme environmental policies like forcing everyone who live within 5km of work to abandon their cars and ride bicycles.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back