Righting the Ship - The Next 5 Games (A.K.A When Naitanui's Willie Returns)

What position on the ladder will we be come the bye?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mico89

Team Captain
Apr 26, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Well I think for every game played until we get Nic and Rioli back we should have every player on the field sprint to our defensive 50 after every bounce down/stoppage. We can’t lose if they don’t score…

funny.jpg

Luuuc

Premiership Player
Jun 26, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats, Perth Lynx
Well I think for every game played until we get Nic and Rioli back we should have every player on the field sprint to our defensive 50 after every bounce down/stoppage. We can’t lose if they don’t score…
I think we have a budding coach in our midst.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I think we are well out of form, poorly structured and vulnerable to any of those teams we play in the next 5 rounds (including this week). This is a critical period for our season as we cant afford to leave everything to the back half of the season.

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I got to be honest but last season we played a lot of s**t footy throughout the season before that awesome finals came around. We won a lot of games that were very ugly so this season is proven no different. we just need to grind out the wins right now no matter how ugly they look at times.

Footys weird and although we are in bad form we are far from gone and should easily bounce back to playing the footy we know we are capable of.

Just need to focus on the one game at a time like we did last season and work on our intensity. Not once did Simpson mention finals last season until like the last 3 games when we were 100% guaranteed. We need to go back and find that mindset. It's a long season and thinking to far ahead so early just leads to built up frustration within the players.

We focus on Gold Coast and that is all. No finals. Don't care about what opposition teams are doing. It's about what we are doing now and playing like the team we should be.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Tipping us to be 7-5 before the break. Can't see us beating Crows & Swans away with our current form. Not completely confident about Saints at Etihad.
Anything's possible after that with Willie back. :)

Figure09

Club Legend
Jun 12, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I have been thinking that maybe we should just stink up this season. We then get an easier draw pick up some decent mids and get kelly maybe. Then in 2020 go hard for flag

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

sey666

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
I have been thinking that maybe we should just stink up this season. We then get an easier draw pick up some decent mids and get kelly maybe. Then in 2020 go hard for flag

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why don't we do this next year as well (may be even in 2021) and go really really hard in 2021(or 2022 if you want to go extra hard)?

Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
I think most on here would take 7-5.

No reason we cant "click" and get to 8-4

9-3? Why not aim high?

6-6 wouldnt be ideal but not totally disastrous but would mean we'd have to win like 7/8 of 10 to just make the 8.

Anything worse than 6-6 would be horrible.

Lets go for 9-3 boys

Go Eagles

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
I’d hoped for 4:2 so 3:3 reasonable. As stated, out mindset looks soft and out midfield are just not delivering to our forwards. I think the loss of Rioli has also hurt our centre clearances as we had a much greater clearance rate with him in.

Here are some options as we just cannot continue to pick the same s**t. Oh - we don’t do them all at once but at least Van Berlo needs to try something of his own.

Gaff is our outside mid and linking magnet. Get him back there. He is crap at the base of the ruck knocks. Experiment tried and a fail

Yeo is struggling to be as effective so move him to the wing or HBF.

Masten is the antithesis of contested ball and the sooner we give Smith a chance to play his role the better

MAllen deserves a go and is delivering in a position of need. Do it this week please.

Nelson is showing enough as a midfielder who can tag and hbf so I’d consider giving him a go as he can actually lay and hold tackles

Brayshaw was ok on the inside v Claremont but a bit ugly on hitting targets so a long shot now but may be ok post bye

Our midfield need to deliver some hope and I feel backing in more of the same because they have credits needs to be changed

Nelson is showing enough as a midfielder who can tag and hbf so I’d consider giving him a go as he can actually lay and hold tackles

Nelson is an interesting one. He looked a really good size even amongst the Subi boys i thought.

He also seems to have gone backwards since he has cut the aggro and niggle out of his game. Some players just need a few sparks flying to get the blood pumping and get focussed. White line fever is a thing and shouldn't necessarily be seen as a bad thing. Unleash the beast a bit and i think he will get better.

Has he built his tank enough to play Masten's role? I really think there could be a fit for Nelson there and he has a lot of attributes to improve Masto's short comings in that role.

Royals

Cancelled
Jan 7, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
I think we will go W W W L W
that will make us 7/4
in guessing that's top 6
a good platform to build from

Back