Righting the Ship - The Next 5 Games (A.K.A When Naitanui's Willie Returns)

What position on the ladder will we be come the bye?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Big two weeks coming up for us. Need to do a prelim job on Melbourne (might be tough at night) and we’ll jump 2 spots as Adelaide and Brissie are facing off and Tigers not far ahead on %. Assuming Adelaide win that one we then have them the week after with a chance to take their spot off them while GWS (assuming they take care of Carlton this week) play Melbourne at the G so a realistic chance they drop that as well. Two wins (at least one by a comfortable 30+) and we’re a sneaky shot at 3rd going into Bulldogs at home and Swans SCG (think we’ll drop this one).

A few games that worry me in the run home, along with the SCG game, are after the bye to Essendon on a Thursday (I’d say we’re more likely than not to be 0-2 from those two games) and Melbourne in humid conditions, although hopefully we’d be able to cope better than them, and the numerous night games we have. (Definitely think that was an intentional part of the fixture)

Swans SCG, Essendon on a Thursday night after the bye, Hawks at the G and Freo home derby all back to back is going to define our season. If we can go, at the absolute minimum 2-2 from those 4 plus win the next 3 upcoming games we’ll be in a good spot. 5-2 from the next 7 is doable..

Last edited:
Big two weeks coming up for us. Need to do a prelim job on Melbourne (might be tough at night) and we’ll jump 2 spots as Adelaide and Brissie are facing off. Assuming Adelaide win that one we then have them the week after with a chance to take their spot off them while GWS (assuming they take care of Carlton this week) play Melbourne at the G so a realistic chance they drop that as well. Two wins (at least one by a comfortable 30+) and we’re a sneaky shot at 3rd going into Bulldogs at home and Swans SCG (think we’ll drop this one).

A few games that worry me in the run home, along with the SCG game, are after the bye to Essendon on a Thursday (I’d say we’re more likely than not to be 0-2 from those two games) and Melbourne in humid conditions, although hopefully we’d be able to cope better than them, and the numerous night games we have. (Definitely think that was an intentional part of the fixture)

Swans SCG, Essendon on a Thursday night after the bye, Hawks at the G and Freo home derby all back to back is going to define our season. If we can go, at the absolute minimum 2-2 from those 4 plus win the next 3 upcoming games we’ll be in a good spot. 5-2 from the next 7 is doable..
Re next Friday night's game against Melbourne. Let's hope the wiz kids at the Stadium don't run footage of last year's preliminary while the players are doing pregame warm up as they did when we played Port. We don't need to give these guys any more ammunition and stir them up any more than they will be.

Reckon Melbourne will trouble us given how soft we’re playing. One thing they’re doing well is scrapping - its their forward entries that have sucked

Reckon Melbourne will trouble us given how soft we’re playing. One thing they’re doing well is scrapping - its their forward entries that have sucked
I'm expecting a win but if they beat us like Port did I wont be completely surprised sadly.

Mind you, they have injury concerns and back to back travel, we really should be winning this game.

Vardy is a big problem but otherwise our midfield found form last week. Masten is cooked as its clear the team structure was better without him. Small forwards were better but Kennedy / Darling a bit behind. Problems with Cole and Schofield in defence.

Last edited:
WLWL I'm guessing.

Adelaide have turned the corner and the Swans are **** but we have to play them at the SCG where we typically perform poorly.

Agree with this unfortunately. Shaping like a victory of any quality would be a big statement in Adelaide.

My preseason tip was a Crows v Pies GF and that’s not looking far from the mark .
We tend to lose the away games v Adelaide if I make the trip over to see them . I’m not doing that this so hopefully that bodes well for Moz.

Anyway I am hoping for 5-0 but will happily take 4-1 over this stretch
(More like 3-0 /2-1 now)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really should be able to take the Dogs and Swans from here. I'd take 9-3 or even 8-4 given how bad we've been in patches.

9-3 would be awesome. Had we been offered that at the start of the season it’d be taken for sure! When you look at who we’ve played, that’s a great outcome (Brisbane in Brisbane, GWS, Pies at the G, Cats in Geelong, Melbourne, who were supposed to be good, Freo, you never know with derbies, Crows in Adelaide and Swans in Sydney, if we can win that) I would’ve taken 9-3 straight out.

Our patchy form has been more of a worry than the wins and losses but we look to be starting to come good. 3 good quarters on the weekend is a good start

I feel like this week is a huge danger game.

Dogs coming off a shock loss (in a way) to north and already getting a bit of stick in the Vic media.

They are a pretty speedy, tough side on their day and now have a couple of targets to aim at.

We really should win and Im sure Simmo will have the boys ready but Im looking forward to getting past this week.

I didnt think we'd beat Adelaide or Collingwood but thought we'd beat Port so happy we're a bit up on the ledger.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

My preseason tip was a Crows v Pies GF and that’s not looking far from the mark .
We tend to lose the away games v Adelaide if I make the trip over to see them . I’m not doing that this so hopefully that bodes well for Moz.

Anyway I am hoping for 5-0 but will happily take 4-1 over this stretch
(More like 3-0 /2-1 now)
????????

I feel like this week is a huge danger game.

Dogs coming off a shock loss (in a way) to north and already getting a bit of stick in the Vic media.

They are a pretty speedy, tough side on their day and now have a couple of targets to aim at.

We really should win and Im sure Simmo will have the boys ready but Im looking forward to getting past this week.

I didnt think we'd beat Adelaide or Collingwood but thought we'd beat Port so happy we're a bit up on the ledger.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Doggies have about 15 midfielders and 2 talls.
Kicking goals is their big problem.
Kennedy set for 6+ against them.

I've been to 2x games at Adelaide Oval- both were against the crows (2015 and 2018)- and we lost both.
We have won every other game at Adelaide Oval
I wasn't at the game , so as I hoped in that post, it ended up boding well for Moz.

Back