Prediction Riley Knight - The world's his oyster

Remove this Banner Ad

$1.2 for Milera....we paying for output or potential cause right now when I watch his half hearted efforts in attacking the opposition he'd be lucky to get half of that.

I know there are a many that drool over Wayne but he's quickly looking like the least intense player in our squad by a country mile.
Thats just average wage perfectly acceptable for a young best 22 player on the rise. Probably a bargain if he comes on as expected.

So we'll excuse Milera from chasing, tackling and applying pressure and its OK for him to give up and not compete because he's 19...No. just no and no every single day.

You may be OK with it, I'm not.

Right now he is a way over rated player IMO.

We'll agree to disagree on the current Wayne Milera
Seriously? You actually think milera gives up and doesnt apply any pressure whatsoever?

You need to understand he is 19 years old and he is being used as a solely attacking weapon. He is lightly built and has an average tank. His improvememt will come, until then he should break lines and hit his targets. Thats it. 400k a year shows the club believes he will be a complete player by age 22.

Seriously? You actually think milera gives up and doesnt apply any pressure whatsoever?

You need to understand he is 19 years old and he is being used as a solely attacking weapon. He is lightly built and has an average tank. His improvememt will come, until then he should break lines and hit his targets. Thats it. 400k a year shows the club believes he will be a complete player by age 22.

No i dont think it ive seen it, its a constant in his game, its fact its what he does often. Watch the replay of Sunday's game . Watch the other games and take note of what he does when the opposition has the ball. The Port game he was diabolical in this regard.

I understand he's 19, I understand he is lightly built but that's no excuse for his lack of attack. I do accept that his lack of tank may be a contributing factor.

Ive also said his vision and distribution of the ball is fantastic most of the time, However i remain very concerned with the aspect of his game that I'm critical of.

Am I being over critical possibly. Is it a maturity thing possibly. Time will tell.

Thats just average wage perfectly acceptable for a young best 22 player on the rise. Probably a bargain if he comes on as expected.
Really? I'm all for Milera being given time to develop in the seniors. Like a lot of people, I think he's going to be excellent before long. But $400K seems a lot for someone at his stage, no matter how promising.

Really? I'm all for Milera being given time to develop in the seniors. Like a lot of people, I think he's going to be excellent before long. But $400K seems a lot for someone at his stage, no matter how promising.
Yes 400k a year will probably be below average wage for the next 3 years.

Second year player with everything to prove. Not a key position player. Should be well below average IMO.
Was there a whisper that the Kangaroos made a significant offer to him? Vaguely remember hearing that and writing it off.

Maybe it forced our hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we're overpaying players on the basis of potential, that might be why our mythical war chest never seems to materialise.

Also the fact we're forced into paying 95% of our cap in any given year which doesn't help.

So what are we thinking with these hamstring injuries ?

No news is bad news IMO

Wouldn't surprise to see

Knight - 3 weeks
Talia - 5 weeks

Hopefully not worse than that as we'll need them to replace other guys that have done their hamstrings

So what are we thinking with these hamstring injuries ?

No news is bad news IMO

Wouldn't surprise to see

Knight - 3 weeks
Talia - 5 weeks

Hopefully not worse than that as we'll need them to replace other guys that have done their hamstrings
I wonder why other clubs can let their supporters know within a day what the extent of an injury is while it takes us a week.
Either the club is treating us like mushrooms or they are using the public health system.

New head doctor something to do with it ?
Yeah I dont know. Someone said that they only use their preferred Radiology and Scanning company and they aren't open on weekends or public holidays unlike in Victoria where they have 24/7 access to cat scans etc.
But regardless there is a delay that we get compared to other clubs.

Yeah I dont know. Someone said that they only use their preferred Radiology and Scanning company and they aren't open on weekends or public holidays unlike in Victoria where they have 24/7 access to cat scans etc.
But regardless there is a delay that we get compared to other clubs.
Yeah I've heard that Medicare has stopped covering MRI and CT for AFL clubs for things like soft tissue injury eg hamstrings strains

Also I think maybe the money spent goes on the footy dept spend which is capped but don't quote me on that part

If both of those things are in play it makes sense to use a preferred provider that gives a special deal to the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Back