Prediction Riley Knight - The world's his oyster

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah I've heard that Medicare has stopped covering MRI and CT for AFL clubs for things like soft tissue injury eg hamstrings strains

Also I think maybe the money spent goes on the footy dept spend which is capped but don't quote me on that part

If both of those things are in play it makes sense to use a preferred provider that gives a special deal to the club
Is sportsmed a sponsor? Maybe it's something like that.

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
I'm sure the same would have been said about Gunston. Back yourself in to get the trajectory right and pay appropriately. If you only ever reward for past improvement you'll just leak talent.

Milera ain't going anywhere.

The next David Mackay.

Those are the vibes I'm getting.
Explain how?

The way he can actually tackle?

Make good decisions?

I really don't see much similarity...

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Can stick a tackle better.

But needs to find a way to get more of the ball.
This.

At the end of the day defensive pressure is good, but 12-15 touches won't cut it. I get he's young and has had injury trouble, but I just question his ball winning ability, which he hasn't really shown even at SANFL level.

Remember Mackay once showed serious promise and look how that turned out.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
This.

At the end of the day defensive pressure is good, but 12-15 touches won't cut it. I get he's young and has had injury trouble, but I just question his ball winning ability, which he hasn't really shown even at SANFL level.

Cameron is still the same too.

This.

Yeah, he really should have got 30+ possessions 1st game back after an injury interrupted season.

Keep up the realistic observations & expectations of players...

His last month and a bit has been a worry
hey shorty suggested giving Cameron the next game off to rest up, assuming we have players coming back in.

Agree, that a good opportunity to give sore players a 2 week rest.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's never actually had a good run at either level. Shows better signs at AFL level than SANFL imo. Seems to be involved in good plays. Need to give him some Mackay continuity before we label him another Mackay.

He was starting to produce 20 possession 2 goal games before he got injured late in the GC game. He needs to up his work rate to stay involved but I think he has the desire to improve.

Ohh you couldn't do a little investigative work and realize it was meant for your post above that? Cmon dude, use that brain of yours.
It's your brain which is all over the bloody place!

Tip - When you quote, try reading what you quoted before replying. ;)

Back