Riley Knight - where is he at?

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't know that Knight has played many of his games as a pressure forward...

I know that he has and he has never impressed me in that role. I really rate Knight as a tagger and we are better equipped to go with top midfield oppositions when we use him for that. And in finals footy you tend to come up against these. But with a softish draw in the home and away I am not sure if Pyke is going to make the call to use him that way when our big 4 + Hugh are all fit. I also don’t like the idea of chopping and changing Knight’s role too much as I feel he takes a while to get into form after injury, so he probably needs a pretty defined role in the team.

I’d love to see him prove me wrong as a pressure forward but I just don’t rate him in that role.

I know that he has and he has never impressed me in that role. I really rate Knight as a tagger and we are better equipped to go with top midfield oppositions when we use him for that. And in finals footy you tend to come up against these. But with a softish draw in the home and away I am not sure if Pyke is going to make the call to use him that way when our big 4 + Hugh are all fit. I also don’t like the idea of chopping and changing Knight’s role too much as I feel he takes a while to get into form after injury, so he probably needs a pretty defined role in the team.

I’d love to see him prove me wrong as a pressure forward but I just don’t rate him in that role.
Look I agree with you that we should use him as needed as a run with player... but you seriously don't watch the game that closely if you don't rate his pressure forward acts. Easily the best in our side.

I think with Riley, his form tends to swing depending on periods of returning from injury. He’s had a lot of stop-starts, which makes it hard to judge his actual potential and whether he can ever hit his peak.

I think when fully fit, he is a regular 22. His weapon is his tagging ability and he can float up forward to score also. Not sure if he’s a suitable permanent small forward, because although he can chase and tackle, I haven’t seen him do much of the freakish goals small forwards tend to often do.

I think with Riley, his form tends to swing depending on periods of returning from injury. He’s had a lot of stop-starts, which makes it hard to judge his actual potential and whether he can ever hit his peak.

I think when fully fit, he is a regular 22. His weapon is his tagging ability and he can float up forward to score also. Not sure if he’s a suitable permanent small forward, because although he can chase and tackle, I haven’t seen him do much of the freakish goals small forwards tend to often do.
Yeah I don't think he's an Xfactor type, just more just a prick to play against who can bob up at the right place for a goal or 2. I think with him, the Crouch's, FOG, and Ned on our list we are starting to get a lot more chirpy and prick-ish. Which is a trait that I genuinely love in the team.

Footy is a tough game, and you need a nice sprinkle of genuine tough nuts in the mix to make sure the opponent never quite feels comfortable!

Time for a bump.

I'm not Rileys biggest fan as most would know. We hear about the defensive pressure and niggle he brings..... but it's games like tonight that show his true worth. Used his run to work his opponent and get on the scoreboard.

No use getting 20 useless touches, but if he adds 1.5 goals a game it makes him infinitely more valuable.

Time for a bump.

I'm not Rileys biggest fan as most would know. We hear about the defensive pressure and niggle he brings..... but it's games like tonight that show his true worth. Used his run to work his opponent and get on the scoreboard.

No use getting 20 useless touches, but if he adds 1.5 goals a game it makes him infinitely more valuable.

What don't you like about Knight? Other than that woeful decision to kick across goal after burning both Jones & Sloane, i thought he had an ok game tonight.

Much prefer him in the side then out of the side. Needs to find some consistency and will be a much better player.

What don't you like about Knight? Other than that woeful decision to kick across goal after burning both Jones & Sloane, i thought he had an ok game tonight.

Much prefer him in the side then out of the side. Needs to find some consistency and will be a much better player.
He is my anti-Makay.

I can't be trusted to say if he was good or bad because i love the way he plays. It feels like he is a real clutch player too.

But that could all hinge on a great goal in an EF years ago now.

I find him vanilla.

He plays a forward wing role but barely looks dangerous. When he attacks the game like tonight he's much better

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back