Player Watch Riley Thilthorpe

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd argue that Saturday was his best game for the club

I know he's kicked 5 goals before in a game, but I think Saturday was his most complete game so far in his career and hopefully a glimpse of what we might potentially be seeing from him in a few years time.

I know he's kicked 5 goals before in a game, but I think Saturday was his most complete game so far in his career and hopefully a glimpse of what we might potentially be seeing from him in a few years time.
In 53% game time too

Needed to nail another goal or 2 and it would have been match winning. Probably would have got him a brownlow vote.

The long term plan should be to play him where he’s most effective and best uses his talents

Well sure, but the point is that how we choose to use him now has an impact on how well he will play those roles in the future. To develop into a dominant key forward he needs to play as one, first as foremost.

His stints in the ruck should be primarily about keeping him involved in the game when things aren't going well up forward. If they are going well up forward, keep him up there.

We can all see the potential for him to be one of the best rucks in the league, what he could bring to that position.

If you could get a Gawn/Grundy with pick 2 you'd take that every day of the week.

It was always a ridiculous assertion that we overpaid if he primarily plays ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First game he's looked like a Man playing, as opposed to a freakish kid.

had to listen to wrinkles and KG on Sat morn, discussing what the crows should do with 'brad crouch'

(yes i realise i didn't have to)

Can AA please move past those two dinosaurs

Don't really want TT as our main ruck ever.

I feel like he's too good of a player to be belted around in ruck for 100+mins every week. Fatigue playing the position will affect his skill level and creativity.

He's much more dangerous as a forward/CHF option with 5-10 mins a quarter in the middle.
Max Gawn? I’d say he’s pretty damaging

Looks like he has a bit of mongrel in him which I like.....too many of our players (both past and present) have been too (how do I say this) nice??

I think this is changing to be honest, Fogarty has a ton of mongrel as well.

You can tell Fog enjoys hurting the opposition when he goes in.

Max Gawn? I’d say he’s pretty damaging
But not really a forward, so hardly a choice.

Luke Jackson a better example, as can play both positions. Jackson projects as a better ruck than forward so will likely play more ruck than forward long term. But if he shows something as a key forward, particularly compared to other choices, will play more minutes there.

Thrilthorpe's upgrade on ROB (or whoever replaces him) probably isn't as big as his upgrade on Himmelberg (or whoever replaces him), so I would expect TT to play more forward than ruck. But that can change depending on which rucks and forwards we bring in.

Right now, I think he projects as a better roaming CHF than ruck or FF.

Where are the Logan McDonald highlights from the weekend?

Time for a new recruiting team!

:rolleyes:
Actually Logan had a good game in the VFL on the weekend 19 disposals, 12 marks and 2.1 playing further up the ground, I hazard a guess getting him ready to take over Buddy's role...they're both exceptionally talented KPF's with big futures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back