yellowandblack21

All Australian
Aug 1, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Phoenix, All Blacks, Black Caps
Can we still get into the gold medal race in the Men's Pursuit or a we screwed by finishing behind the Danes in qualifying?

Yes, you're racing the Danes tomorrow morning in heat 3 for a spot in the gold medal race. We're racing the Brits in the other 'semi'.
Either way, its the Poms gold to lose :mad:

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
we are basically in the semis. 2nd or 3rd; difference doesnt mean much. just gotta beat the danes make to make the final and then show hope the brits crack.

the brits looked strong. they could have gone faster. we just have to hope that we havent showed our cards yet. highly possible. still we do like to risk it. only .3-4 away from 4th and potentially costing us a silver with a early race off with the brits.

i was a bit harsh on the women. considering the incident, they did alright. still need a good time if they lose their semi, as they can drop out from the bronze medal race if 5th etc do a faster time than what they do(it is was happens in the world champs)

I love watching the Teams Pursuit. Outside a couple of athletics events its my next favourite event at the Olympics. I thought we had them but once Bobridge left I knew the brits had us. * so close yet so far and another 4 year wait until we get the chance to win again. bummer

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
i think that crashed hurt us, and then picking the wrong team with an eye on the future.

The girl who was dropped(the 3rd girl) was Baker. personally, i dont think she is as strong as the other 4 who were selected or Rebecca Wiasak, the world and more importantly, 3rd in the 3K Australian Champ individual pursuit. maybe she doesnt ride the team pursuit as well; i dont know but i was surprised Baker was selected.

Ankudinoff missing from that last heat hurt us. she is one of our fastest. i seriously dont know why we have digressed from 2014.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Team GB are incredibly confident and riding so well. I sat right next to callum the British lads mum who was a really nice lady and was happy for her to see her son make the final in the sprint. Even though he beat an aussie in the semi.

Back