Summer RIO 2016 - Cycling (Track and Road) 11th to 16th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheatin' Poms!!!!!!!!!!!

:)
Oi. We have to be good at something! Fortunes being poured into sport since 2000 thanks to lottery funding, and targeted allocation means that if there is no perceived chance of a medal then all funding is dropped e.g. basketball. Because we have done well at cycling, people from other sports who are not showing enough potential are soon rerouted to have a try at other sports....often cycling.
It's a combination of a vastly improved pool of athletes trying to make the squad and money being thrown at developing the equipment (carried out by some top guys). Chuck in some cutting edge sports science (again thanks to funding) and you have that little 2% edge that makes all the difference.

There were cyclists who didn't make the final squad who could also have won golds.

So help me I can't take BMX seriously. The riders look so ******* stupid on those tiny bikes, and the races are such a crapshoot.

A one race final for bmx is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
They acknowledge that it is a crapshoot by having multiple races for the quarters and semi, but suddenly that doesn't matter for the actual final? WHat on earth? If anything there should be more races

Remove this Banner Ad

Back