Summer RIO 2016 - Golf (Men's) 11th to 14th Aug (Women's) 17th to 20th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame. If I got to go to the Masters at Augusta (which is bucket list believe me) I'd want to take about 1000 photos. Particularly around Amen Corner.

The trick would be just to do it on days other than the Thursday-Sunday, I think.

They're manic about it during play. (Although I think it's not just the potential distractions to the players; it also has a fair bit to do with the TV rights and people taking footage that conflicts with the broadcasters' exclusive rights to all moving pictures at the course.)

I bumped into a couple of other Australians at one event I went to (the Texas Open in San Antonio) who told me they'd got there on the Tuesday to have a look at the course beforehand, and took heaps of photos without a problem.

Just like our swimmers, he peaked too early. Still, what is he, our 4th ranked player up against major winners?

Barracking for Stenson now, don't want a Pommy Saffer winning :straining:

I think he'd be about our 6th best player on rankings. Depends where he is relative to Matt Jones atm.

He'd be behind at least Day, Scott, Leishman and Hend, and probably Jones as well.

(Justin Rose almost always comes across as a pretty decent bloke, btw. ;))

Well, well. Not exactly the cleanest of finishes by Henrik up the 72nd.

It's a well-deserved win for Rose, though. :thumbsu:

Didn't see the end, last I saw was Stenson having some back problems, was this a factor in him losing or was Rose just the better player?

Good win to Rose in the end either way. Set it up nicely with that hole in one on day 1!

Didn't see the end, last I saw was Stenson having some back problems, was this a factor in him losing or was Rose just the better player?

Good win to Rose in the end either way. Set it up nicely with that hole in one on day 1!

I don't know how much of a factor that was for Stenson. It didn't noticeably seem to be affecting his swing in any way.

In the final analysis, he simply hit a poor wedge shot at 18. Then did the right thing by making sure he didn't leave his first putt short, but ended up hitting it way too hard instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back