AFL Club
West Coast

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Cool, we have tickets to the Men's Quarterfinals (2 matches)
Would have been great to get swimming but they were all impossible to secure.
Nice to see another poster that will be attending Rio. Can't wait, should be a great games.

I've got a few tickets and hope to get some more over the next year, but know it won't be easy. Would absolutely love a track cycling ticket and that is what I will try the hardest to get.

Have you got accommodation sorted?

Trotts

Debutant
Aug 7, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Nice to see another poster that will be attending Rio. Can't wait, should be a great games.

I've got a few tickets and hope to get some more over the next year, but know it won't be easy. Would absolutely love a track cycling ticket and that is what I will try the hardest to get.

Yeah really looking forward to it. Had a little freak out when I went on Expedia and all Rio accommodation was either booked out or $600 a night, managed to find an apartment in Ipanema beach for about $150 a night through Airbnb, so we booked that for 9 nights.
We are also going to the Paralympics but haven't booked anything for that yet.

Trotts

Debutant
Aug 7, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah really looking forward to it. Had a little freak out when I went on Expedia and all Rio accommodation was either booked out or $600 a night, managed to find an apartment in Ipanema beach for about $150 a night through Airbnb, so we booked that for 9 nights.
We are also going to the Paralympics but haven't booked anything for that yet.

Scrap that, our host for the accommodation contacted me last night and decided he wants to up the price to $390 a night, even though I specifically said it was for the Olympics. I confirmed the dates with him and everything. I contacted Airbnb and cannot believe that as a host he has the right to up the price if he chooses. What a ridiculous policy. Spewing

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Scrap that, our host for the accommodation contacted me last night and decided he wants to up the price to $390 a night. Spewing
That sucks. That's the problem with airbnb.

I know it might not be what you are after, but private rooms in a hostel could be an affordable option? Or try someone else through airbnb.

Trotts

Debutant
Aug 7, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
That sucks. That's the problem with airbnb.

I know it might not be what you are after, but private rooms in a hostel could be an affordable option? Or try someone else through airbnb.

Yeah we are going to have to look at some other options.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah we are going to have to look at some other options.
I'm traveling solo, so I've booked in a hostel. Though it is not in a great location, in terms of being close to the metro line or that close to venues. So I'm still looking to find something closer to the metro line or Olympic Park. Though with a fair distance between the Olympic Park and the Maracana stadium where the aths will be held, it is proving much more difficult than in London!

Trotts

Debutant
Aug 7, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm traveling solo, so I've booked in a hostel. Though it is not in a great location, in terms of being close to the metro line or that close to venues. So I'm still looking to find something closer to the metro line or Olympic Park. Though with a fair distance between the Olympic Park and the Maracana stadium where the aths will be held, it is proving much more difficult than in London!

I've just booked another place in Ipanema. Paying about $220 a night for a place that's usually about $75 a night, but at least its something. I can't believe Airbnb though, there is nothing to stop the hosts jacking up there prices whenever they want. If this happened to us a month out or something like that we would have been screwed.

Nov 16, 2004
Location Location
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Melbourne
I've just booked another place in Ipanema. Paying about $220 a night for a place that's usually about $75 a night, but at least its something. I can't believe Airbnb though, there is nothing to stop the hosts jacking up there prices whenever they want. If this happened to us a month out or something like that we would have been screwed.
Are you there yet?

Back