Summer RIO 2016 - Swimming (Pool Only) 6th to 13th Aug

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to fluidity. They changed it before Lochte, they changed it when some coaches were mugged.
They change it then and upgraded further after Lochte.

Illinois Nazi

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Jul 8, 2002
Why? You stalking me?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Whoever's winning
Did anyone else see the Fairfax Media Australian Olympic report card today?

Somehow they gave the swim team a B- despite giving other massive disappointments like Cycling an E (WTF?) and Hockey a D
Well at the end of it all they did win 3 gold medals (including an event we've wanted for a long long time) and set a World Record along the way. Other than a few high profile individuals most of them actually performed pretty well.

Did anyone else see the Fairfax Media Australian Olympic report card today?

Somehow they gave the swim team a B- despite giving other massive disappointments like Cycling an E (WTF?) and Hockey a D
The squad won 3 golds and 10 medals, which is below expectations, the predictions were 5 to 8 gold and 15 to 18 medals but by winning 5 relay medals 1-2-2 and apart from the yanks medaling in all of them net was 2 medals by GBR and JAP. So the relays team rather than individuals lived up to expectation. So I would give them a C or C- it was a bare pass. Apart from the Team Pursuit guys who were beaten by a WR, even though they were tipped by many to win, its was always go to be bugger all in it with the Brits, the cycling team failed to medal in about 6 or 7 events out of 12, that includes the road ad BMX as well as the track. As a team they produced way below what was expected so they'd get a D from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Juddism

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont Football Club
Well at the end of it all they did win 3 gold medals (including an event we've wanted for a long long time) and set a World Record along the way. Other than a few high profile individuals most of them actually performed pretty well.

does anyone give a s**t about the dolphins, seriously? I mean, they have this air of exclusivity and refuse to associate with other team members, like they're demigogs. AIS pumps $40mi into them, the least they could do is mingle.

they'll jet back on the Qantas 747 and we'll give them a OAM for good measure...

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
does anyone give a s**t about the dolphins, seriously? I mean, they have this air of exclusivity and refuse to associate with other team members, like they're demigogs. AIS pumps $40mi into them, the least they could do is mingle.

they'll jet back on the Qantas 747 and we'll give them a OAM for good measure...
What? They refused to mingle? Where did you hear that. If true it reinforces everything I think of swimming

Juddism

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont Football Club
What? They refused to mingle? Where did you hear that. If true it reinforces everything I think of swimming

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/olympic...started-on-the-top-floor-20160818-gqw5fl.html

read the article for yourself.

Rio Olympic team chef de mission Kitty Chiller was angry when she heard that the Australian swimming team had pulled down posters of past champions, such as Herb Elliott and Cathy Freeman, from the entrance to their floors in the Australian team block in the athletes' village.

But, with a thousand other tasks to deal with, such as blocked sewer pipes, she let it pass.

Chiller had already observed the exclusivity of the swimmers.

Australian basketballers, such as Andrew Bogut and Patty Mills, earning millions of dollars playing in the US's professional league, had no problem playing table tennis with rowers and hockey players as they waited for the team bus for their competition.

But she had never sighted a swimmer mixing in such a way with other team members.

Ryan Lochte is desperate to change his image, he has hired a new PR manager who helped Bieber lol

Ryan Lochte is following in the footsteps of other embattled public figures and has enlisted sought-after crisis communications professional Matthew Hiltzik, ABC News has confirmed.

The move follows the backlash the U.S. Olympic swimmer has endured following claims that he and his teammates were robbed in Rio last week. Lochte apologized Friday, posting on his social media accounts, "I want to apologize for my behavior last weekend -- for not being more careful and candid in how I described the events of that early morning and for my role in taking the focus away from the many athletes fulfilling their dreams of participating in the Olympics."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ryan-lochte-hires-top-crisis-communications-pro-matthew/story?id=41531114

Illinois Nazi

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds
Jul 8, 2002
Why? You stalking me?
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Whoever's winning
Do swimmers genuinely think they are somehow above the other athletes? I mean really swimming. Embarrassing.
They probably don't, but they are the most heavily scrutinised team we have. In regard to the article above, if they had been hanging out with other teams and playing table tennis while waiting for the bus, they would now be getting media articles written about them saying they weren't focused and didn't take the Olympics seriously and that's why they didn't win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back